Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Moving to Port St. Lucie Florida - Questions

Hi,

Any simmers out there who live in Florida? If so where?

I guess I will also need to invest in some Florida scenery.

Regards

Bob

West Palm Beach....You are going to love PSL, it's a beautifull area. There is scenery for lots of Florida, Orlando, WPB, Ft Lauderdale, Miami... as well as general scenery. However, this aint a 'low n slow-look at the scenery area' unless you are into swamps, alligators, and endless FLAT land :-)

Jay

West Palm Beach....You are going to love PSL, it's a beautifull area. There is scenery for lots of Florida, Orlando, WPB, Ft Lauderdale, Miami... as well as general scenery. However, this aint a 'low n slow-look at the scenery area' unless you are into swamps, alligators, and endless FLAT land :-)

Hi, well I am not too far from you I guess maybe about 40 miles. I am moving out there to be closer to my new grandchild. My son and his wife live in Jupiter. I was out there in May and I fell in love with the place. Do not know much about Port St. Lucie, but it seems pretty easy going. I have looked at some of the scenery. Some looked good others were questionable. I am thinking photo-scenery but not sure yet.

Thanks for chiming in. I guess you are getting some wind and rain about now.

Bob

Welcome to Florida! I am south of you in the Miami-Dade County area.

Let me start by saying that there are some great freeware airports available for Florida, including a Port St. Lucie one as well, if not mistaken. Check the library for all available. From Pensacola in the tip of the panhandle to Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Daytona Beach, Greater Orlando area, Melbourne (just north of you) and Ft Lauderdale to the south. And on the West coast, Ft Walton Beach, Tampa/St Petersburg, Week's Air Museum, Ft Myers, Naples, and Everglades City. I know there are a ton more that I'm forgetting.

If your system can handle it, I highly recommend the "MIami X 2012" addon which not only includes KMIA but Opa Locka and Kendall/Tamiami Airports, along with some amazing photoscenery and autogen of a big chunk of the County. It's got it's small quirks but I still recommend it if you fly in the area. It also works well with LatinVFR's KMIA, which is a fantastic looking airport. Framerate can be tough on older systems, though.

I'm sure you'll be stretching flights to the Florida Keys as well, so I highly recommend the LatinVFR Key West scenery, which includes Boca Chica Naval Air Station.

There's always the Bahamas to the East as well. My dream is that Orbx tackles South Florida, the Keys and the Bahamas...

There are payware versions of Tampa and Ft Lauderdale available (which I don't have at the moment, though.)

There's also a fun freeware called "Caribbean Seaplane Tours" which updates a lot of airports in the Keys and Bahamas. I use it for updating Ft. Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas (west of Key West), Isla Morada (in Key Largo) and Ocean Reef (just north of Key Largo), but it includes a lot of other spots as well.

Alexander Alonso

Welcome to Florida! I am south of you in the Miami-Dade County area.

Let me start by saying that there are some great freeware airports available for Florida, including a Port St. Lucie one as well, if not mistaken. Check the library for all available. From Pensacola in the tip of the panhandle to Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Daytona Beach, Greater Orlando area, Melbourne (just north of you) and Ft Lauderdale to the south. And on the West coast, Ft Walton Beach, Tampa/St Petersburg, Week's Air Museum, Ft Myers, Naples, and Everglades City. I know there are a ton more that I'm forgetting.

If your system can handle it, I highly recommend the "MIami X 2012" addon which not only includes KMIA but Opa Locka and Kendall/Tamiami Airports, along with some amazing photoscenery and autogen of a big chunk of the County. It's got it's small quirks but I still recommend it if you fly in the area. It also works well with LatinVFR's KMIA, which is a fantastic looking airport. Framerate can be tough on older systems, though.

I'm sure you'll be stretching flights to the Florida Keys as well, so I highly recommend the LatinVFR Key West scenery, which includes Boca Chica Naval Air Station.

There's always the Bahamas to the East as well. My dream is that Orbx tackles South Florida, the Keys and the Bahamas...

There are payware versions of Tampa and Ft Lauderdale available (which I don't have at the moment, though.)

There's also a fun freeware called "Caribbean Seaplane Tours" which updates a lot of airports in the Keys and Bahamas. I use it for updating Ft. Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas (west of Key West), Isla Morada (in Key Largo) and Ocean Reef (just north of Key Largo), but it includes a lot of other spots as well.

Hey there! Thanks a bunch, I had no idea there would be such a selection. Yes I do have a capable system so Miami is now on the list! I am leaving on the 1st (driving). A little worried about possible infrastructure damage through the states I will be traveling through from Texas. I guess I will check with authorities. Thanks again for such a great list.

Bob

Welcome to Florida! Don't forget to stop by KPIE, St Pete-Clearwater, and KSPG, St Pete Albert Whitted, on the west coast across Tampa Bay from KTPA, Tampa International. Lots of scenery for this area. I just loaded the new UTX Caribbean and really love it.

See you in the sunny skies...

Welcome to Florida! Don't forget to stop by KPIE, St Pete-Clearwater, and KSPG, St Pete Albert Whitted, on the west coast across Tampa Bay from KTPA, Tampa International. Lots of scenery for this area. I just loaded the new UTX Caribbean and really love it.

See you in the sunny skies...

Hey Bud, thanks for the info. It will take me awhile to get settled as I take care of my Mom. Once settled I will be back in the saddle.

Bob

When you get settled in send me an email. jwwatson74@centurylink.net I can send 45 airports that I did here in central Florida wityh sounds.I live in Lake Placid, Fl. My buddy and me sometimes go to Ponta Gorda for breakfast or lunch in his Cessna Archer.

Joe Watson

Lake Placid, Fl

Florida is awesome!! i love it over there am also moving to miami florida . Florida got a little bit of everything that is why i love it. :smile:

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

When you get settled in send me an email. jwwatson74@centurylink.net I can send 45 airports that I did here in central Florida wityh sounds.I live in Lake Placid, Fl. My buddy and me sometimes go to Ponta Gorda for breakfast or lunch in his Cessna Archer.

Joe Watson

Lake Placid, Fl

Hey Joe, that is really nice of you to offer that. Yes, I will give you an email. What a nice surprise that is.

Kind Regards

Bob

Great another retiree to clog up the left lane down here! Just kidding Bob :lol: . You will love it down here.

Eric 

Great another retiree to clog up the left lane down here! Just kidding Bob :lol: . You will love it down here.

Ha Ha. Thanks for the humor. Well the hurricanes make me just a little uncomfortable.

Bob

Ha Ha. Thanks for the humor. Well the hurricanes make me just a little uncomfortable.

Bob

The media overblows (imagine that) these things here in Florida. Its as if they are almost disappointed it does not hit. A direct hit of FL east coast (where I live as well) is very low. The Gulf Coast states get whacked way more than we do.

Eric 

I am moving out there to be closer to my new grandchild.

Bob

I moved in Ft-Lauderdale area in 1991 to be away from them......little blood suckers.... :Devil:

Seriously, I moved here for other reasons, you will love it over there and please don't look my way for a baby sitter.... :Clown:

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.