Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pod562

Hydraulic system A failure

I was on a flight to BIKF last night and decided to select a hydraulic system A failure and run through the QRH. Just for something to do! I noted that such a failure stops the gear from working and necessitates employment of alternate gear. From researching the forum, I noted that the NGX doesn't model alternate gear so I thought that I wouldn't be able to lower the landing gear at all. However, the landing gear lowered just fine with a hydraulic system A failure.

So my question is: does the hydraulic system A failure have any consequences which are modelled for the NGX? If there are no consequences for the landing gear, are the other matters mentioned in the QRH not modelled either?

Obviously, it could all be my misunderstanding. It normally is.

Thanks

I was on a flight to BIKF last night and decided to select a hydraulic system A failure and run through the QRH. Just for something to do! I noted that such a failure stops the gear from working and necessitates employment of alternate gear. From researching the forum' date=' I noted that the NGX doesn't model alternate gear so I thought that I wouldn't be able to lower the landing gear at all. However, the landing gear lowered just fine with a hydraulic system A failure.

So my question is: does the hydraulic system A failure have any consequences which are modelled for the NGX? If there are no consequences for the landing gear, are the other matters mentioned in the QRH not modelled either?

Obviously, it could all be my misunderstanding. It normally is.

Thanks[/quote']

Bill Miller

Think this is another limitation of FS, I am afraid.

FS have simulated this by the default key Shift+G which you "pump" out the gears.

IIRC, PMDG left the ability to extend the gear on B system alone, specifically because they cannot make alternate gear system work in FSX.

IIRC, PMDG left the ability to extend the gear on B system alone, specifically because they cannot make alternate gear system work in FSX.

What's about the MD-11? It can extend the main landing gear and the center gear with the right handle and pullers.

You must ask to pmdg guys, the NGX is a new designed plane, probably this new "design" limited this function.

It is a bit frustrating when you lose both hydraulics system and gears will stay up.