Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest BeaverDriver

Very Cool

I just received my 2 DVD's of Air Canada's 777 flights from Just Planes (www.justplanes.com). I've only watched the first segment of the flight to Melbourne, going from Toronto to Vancouver, but this is one very nice looking airplane. The pilots really rave about them and I think I can see why. Anyway, they are worth a look and will give you a feel for being inside the cockpit of one of these things. The other one I got was the Polar Route to Hong Kong. Apparently there are some incredible shots going over the far north in the 777. I've not watched it yet, but if you're looking for some resource material, that's a very good place to start.

By the by, I have quite a number of videos of the 737-700 and 600's. You wouldn't believe how close PMDG have come with the NGX series to the real thing. Even my friend who's a fellow simmer and 757 driver (RW) is really, really impressed by the 73. That's one reason the 777 and 747v2 are no-brainers for me, but don't hurry too fast with them :smile:. I'm loving flying the 737 and I want a lot of time on it before I switch up to something bigger (boy, that's going to win me some "friends" in a hurry :ph34r: !!).

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Haha, they very good videos...Watched both AC video about 3 times :D

I agree..very realistic and they mustn't rush or anti-climax us but I am sure the only way for PMDG is up but it would be nice for an update or um, early surprise ;D

They're great to learn from. I bought all three a while back, thinking of getting the new TK 77W DVD. They have good english so that's good enough for me :LMAO:

I actually learnt more on the United 777, very old but the Captain gives a fantastic tour! In fact, the Captain looks a tad like Rob :LMAO:

They're great to learn from. I bought all three a while back, thinking of getting the new TK 77W DVD. They have good english so that's good enough for me :LMAO:

I just finished the Turkish 777 Blu-ray last night. It is very good. The only thing that I didn't like was the missing go-around footage. The crew had to execute a go-around due to wind shear. The footage jumps from the first approach to the go-around climbout, but the actual go-around footage is not included.

I just finished the Turkish 777 Blu-ray last night. It is very good. The only thing that I didn't like was the missing go-around footage. The crew had to execute a go-around due to wind shear. The footage jumps from the first approach to the go-around climbout, but the actual go-around footage is not included.

Ah I see, that's disappointing. The Polar DVD really isn't the best, unless you want to know about polar flying. No in depth explanations of anything, cut out most the arrival into YYZ as the Captain talks for half an hour.

If you already know about the cockpit then the polar DVD is great as it isn't giving your redundant information but their EFB presentation was great. I also like pilots eye as it feels more like a jumpseat flight vs a dvd with detailed explanations every minute. Their Swiss A340 is great and the bonus track also shows how they tackled the inflight engine problem (the IDG overheated which is probably due to the fact that the IDG oil reservoir was overfilled)

Yeah pilotseye is looks pretty good from the videos I've seen on YouTube. Too bad their in non English. Hey Rónán, why don't you do us a video?

Yeah pilotseye is looks pretty good from the videos I've seen on YouTube. Too bad their in non English. Hey Rónán, why don't you do us a video?

Pilots eye offers english subtitles, I own the A340 dvd and its fully subbed in English.

Hey Rónán, why don't you do us a video?

We're not allowed to take photo's or videos of our flight deck or anything like that. That's why if you google "Aer Lingus Flight Deck" there's not a photo up there there bar one or two from the media.... I wish we could, believe me, the day we're allowed is the day yee'll have 101 EIN flight deck videos up on youtube...

Regards,

Ró.

We're not allowed to take photo's or videos of our flight deck or anything like that. That's why if you google "Aer Lingus Flight Deck" there's not a photo up there there bar one or two from the media.... I wish we could, believe me, the day we're allowed is the day yee'll have 101 EIN flight deck videos up on youtube...

Regards,

Ró.

Seems most airlines are introducing some kind of media law. Friend of mine at Emirates would love to make videos, but they can put their jobs on the line doing so. Same with British Airways! It's a shame as I know me as a Pilot - I'd love to share my office, to be honest I'd want to show it off. Because I know I would have worked damn hard to get there :P Seems many people are going completely anonymous on Youtube. Sorry, back on subject :LMAO:

Indeed a channel on Youtube there was stopped about a month ago by company policy, I used love his videos. Biaxado e Travado was the name of it, here's a vid of his:

At least we've still got the likes off Captain Rodrigo Davi posting videos, and Airtimbuktu is also good....

Regards,

Ró.

Here's another channel that'll probably interest all of yee with the NGX, even if he works for "Those Guys":

Regards,

Ró.

Here's another channel that'll probably interest all of yee with the NGX, even if he works for "Those Guys":

Regards,

Ró.

His videos are brilliant. Followed his blog for a while. Very inspirational!

Check out "dnhug" on youTube for Swiss cockpit videos. He is part of their cabin crew but has Swiss' permission to setup cameras in the cockpit. Yes, Swiss' fleet is Airbus and Avro, but his videos are worth watching. He is also an FSX simmer and does post some FSX videos too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dnhug

Here is an awesome video of an A330 approach and landing.

Very interesting, just a few questions for anyone who can answer.

1. At about 4:30 they get a speed reduction call, which apparently wasn't in the correct format. What would that format be?

2. I'm taking it any time you are entering a cloud layer with close to 0 temps, anti-ice goes on?

3. Anyone else startled at how uninterested the Horizon pilots sound?

Its funny how the FO pulls out his tray table during the landing role.

1. At about 4:30 they get a speed reduction call, which apparently wasn't in the correct format. What would that format be?

I think the speed that ATC gave them was unusually slow.

2. I'm taking it any time you are entering a cloud layer with close to 0 temps, anti-ice goes on?

Yep, they are using centigrade so 0*C is 32*F. Icing can occur in clouds at those temps so its good to be on the safe side.

3. Anyone else startled at how uninterested the Horizon pilots sound?

Could be exhausted.

The problem there was non standard phrasology which confused the pilots, the controller said "Reduce speed to One Niner Zero" the pilots heard "Reduce speed; Two One Niner Zero". Happens all the time stateside, can be quite confusing for foreign crews, even crews whose first language is English. Had I heard that my first reaction would have been to slow Two Niner Zero knots, but the one made me question it, and then would have asked again, or just figured out what she meant in my head...

Regards,

Ró.