Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

Very Cool

How about we form a club for development of German-speaking skills? :) Come to think of it, some Skysurfer007 NGX videos are in German. Might be worth a watch.

Das ist eine gute idee! ^_^ My fluency is at an all year high, such a complicated and advanced sentence! B)

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Just saw the AC 777-200LR video from CYYZ-CYVR-YSSY and was so impressed. Quite the indepth explanations. The flight planning that is done is extremely detailed.

Not sure how you can have winds data be accurate enough to enter when its still 14-15 hours away flight. Anyhow makes our flight planning for FSX look like mickey mouse. lol

One thing about all these videos, and using the PMDG aircraft, you know exactly what they are pushing pulling or switching. If i had watched these a few years ago , I would only have a vague idea for some of it. Now I can say , oh thats the air panel and he just turned the air recirc or the bleeds off. How cool the knowledge you gain.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Isnt that captain the same guy who captained their MD-11 in World Air Routes video?

Yep that's him. Looks like Swiss made him the A340 chief when the MD-11 was retired.

Ich wuerde auch gerne in eine conversation auf Deutsch teilnamen! Leider ist meine Deutsch auch ein bisschen verrosted seit ich keine mehr Shorthaul fleigen!

:wacko:

Ich wuerde auch gerne in eine conversation auf Deutsch teilnamen! Leider ist meine Deutsch auch ein bisschen verrosted seit ich keine mehr Shorthaul fleigen!

:wacko:

Que estas diciendo?!? Hablas en ingles por favor! Neccisitamos ser serio en este forum! :LMAO:

Indeed a channel on Youtube there was stopped about a month ago by company policy, I used love his videos. Biaxado e Travado was the name of it, here's a vid of his:

He said it was not about censure but I guess he was just trying to preserve his job.

Sucks because videos are great.

Your German isn't too bad at all! If you get to read/write a little bit more you probably would be pretty soon comfortable again!

I would be lucky if I don't have to talk German. The German part of the radio test for my VFR/IFR radio license I did today was much more difficult then the English part! Talking German on the radio after talking English 10 seconds before is pretty hard... :wink:

Hi all!

Indeed!

I guess the airlines introduced this kind of restriction due to safety matters.

They just want to have the pilots fully concentrated on flying the bird.

BTW: There's also one guy from Poland making this kind of videos - on the 737NG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZjEGHuFH7U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Is it me or the left gear green indicator light is inop (11.05 onwards)?

Suppose they're aware of it cos I couldn't hear any of the pilots mentioning it

It always spooked me in the 734 when the gear lights went red on the approach with the engines at idle! Add to that the warning horn going every time flap was selected with the gear up it made it an interesting place to work!!!!

I'd say so. They still have the backup landing gear indicator lights in the aft overhead panel.

Yep, as long as the overhead lights show 3 green you should be good to go.

*caugh* *caugh* :P

Nuair a bhíonn do chuid Gaeilge chomh líofa mar seo, beidh muid in ann a labhairt faoí mo caighdeán so gearmánais...

Le meas,

Ró. :P

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Nuair a bhíonn do chuid Gaeilge chomh líofa mar seo, beidh muid in ann a labhairt faoí mo caighdeán so gearmánais...

Le meas,

Ró. :P

I tried translating this into English using Bing, but that didnt work. I then tried holding that phrase up to a mirror, but that didnt work either. Translation, please!!

Slante!!

An cat dubh <---I think this means "black cat"...it's a tune from the 1st U2 album. That's all the Gaelic I know. Well, that and "Erin go braugh"