Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

Anyone know of a good way to record FSX?

Here is another presentation on the features of DXtory:

Here is another presentation on the features of DXtory:

Hi DIMITRI let my first say thank you for bring Dxtory program up in this post . I thought it was an external dvd hardrive when i first went to the home page. But now i see that is an actual software for recording . I have right now an external dvd recorder hardrive plug into my graphic card . Right now i just order a license for dxtory to test it out. I think it does the same thing as the external dvd recorder hardrive i have. Wawo if i have know about this i wouldn't have order my external dvd recorder hardrive . But i guest it is okay since it records in high quality with out even touching any performance in fsx . But this program does it lot am currently testing it . To see what i can do an what i cannot do . I purchase the license was because sooner or later my DVD Video recorder Harddrive will get full of videos an am going to start to delete some video or transfer it to another drive , but with this software it does that extremely well.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Hi DIMITRI let my first say thank you for bring Dxtory program up in this post . I thought it was an external dvd hardrive when i first went to the home page. But now i see that is an actual software for recording . I have right now an external dvd recorder hardrive plug into my graphic card . Right now i just order a license for dxtory to test it out. I think it does the same thing as the external dvd recorder hardrive i have. Wawo if i have know about this i wouldn't have order my external dvd recorder hardrive . But i guest it is okay since it records in high quality with out even touching any performance in fsx . But this program does it lot am currently testing it . To see what i can do an what i cannot do . I purchase the license was because sooner or later my DVD Video recorder Harddrive will get full of videos an am going to start to delete some video or transfer it to another drive , but with this software it does that extremely well.

No problem Leny!

Follow the tutorial on proper setup of the software in the vid I provided above.

Any issues you may have, post here or PM me.

Cheers!

No problem Leny!

Follow the tutorial on proper setup of the software in the vid I provided above.

Any issues you may have, post here or PM me.

Cheers!

Thanks sure will

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Quote from fSrecorder website

. It allows recording and playback of flights, similar as the instant replay and video recorder built into FS,

The recorded flights are saved in a binary file format containing flight data and can thus only be played back inside FS. These files are not video files, so it is not possible to play them with a video or media player, or to convert them into video files.

It seems the rendering has been taken out of fsrecorder final version 2.1 and the 2.18 alpha (from what the website says). The video rendering was definitely in the 2.16 alpha (which is what I used to make a video so it IS possible to create video files with fsrecorder). From memory I don't think the rendering feature was even described in the manual but as Frumby says a search through the 2.1 beta menu for "render" will show the fsrecorder rendering screen.

www.antsairplanes.com

FSRecorder render is working for me using 2.181a. I think you need to get from the alpha release forum.

scott s.

OMG.. FSRecorder rendering is awesome!

Thanks guys... After I read y'alls post, i donwloaded their "alpha" version and it works perfect (so far). I selected the default window size and I have 3 x 24" view...and the maximum size it picked was slightly more than 2 x 24" and it was amazing.

And this is freeware? Bless the developers heart!

So much better than I thought. before spending any money...check this one out.

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Is FSRecorder 2.181 alpha still being tested ... to be later released in a final build/version?

Is rendering a supported feature?

Is it for all MS OS's (XP. Vista etc.)?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

One thing with FS-Recorder rendering, it wont record sound, since it's not a real time recording, it won't sync up. (That's why it's so smooth!). It is good for videos with alternate sound source like music though. I use GameCam, since it has the least hit on performance (No more then 1 to 2FPS) It also uses the least amount of disk space. Which allows you to record much longer without running out of space. I have Youtube videos almost 2 hours long with a file size of just over 1GB. (See my channel below)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

One thing with FS-Recorder rendering, it wont record sound, since it's not a real time recording, it won't sync up. (That's why it's so smooth!). It is good for videos with alternate sound source like music though. I use GameCam, since it has the least hit on performance (No more then 1 to 2FPS) It also uses the least amount of disk space. Which allows you to record much longer without running out of space. I have Youtube videos almost 2 hours long with a file size of just over 1GB. (See my channel below)

###### man, I didn't know you're on the forum! I love your videos, long time subscriber :)

Aamir Thacker

You can record the sound separately, but I agree it's not easy, especially if you do things like dolly a camera it's hard to match up the sound.

scott s.

If Fraps is killing performance at busy big add-on airports you can also slow the sim down to 1/3rd speed then record your shots. In the editing suite the footage can then be sped back up. This really smoothes things out and takes a lot less time than FSRecorder Render feature.....especially for complicated camera movements.

Just for information about FRAPS max file size now:

30th August 2012 - Fraps 3.5.9 Released

Fraps 3.5 adds the much requested feature to allow AVI movie files larger than 4 gigabytes. Fraps will now write hybrid OpenDML/AVI files and allow large movies on NTFS drives. There's still an option to split at 4 gigabytes for legacy AVI 1.0 support.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

If Fraps is killing performance at busy big add-on airports you can also slow the sim down to 1/3rd speed then record your shots. In the editing suite the footage can then be sped back up. This really smoothes things out and takes a lot less time than FSRecorder Render feature.....especially for complicated camera movements.

Yeah what I do is record the flight with FS-Recorder, get an EZDOK view ready, then play it back at 20% speed. And I resize the video to chop out the zoom & red lettering around the edges, and SPEED IT UP by 4x ! it takes some time but it is worth it in the finished product.