Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Support for FSX Has Come to an End

Specifically says in the license that it can be used at home. I don't own it but I could t care less about what the people that do own it use it for. I can't for the life of me fathom why anyone else does. What does it matter? Is it some how affecting anyone else? Let LM worry about it they're the only ones it affects in any way shape or form.

Specifically says in the license that it can be used at home. I don't own it but I could t care less about what the people that do own it use it for. I can't for the life of me fathom why anyone else does. What does it matter? Is it some how affecting anyone else? Let LM worry about it they're the only ones it affects in any way shape or form.

You still dancing around mate, it's not about where you can use it, it's about a licence that does not apply to you (them).

I understand that you can care less about what the people that do own it use it for, and from that kind of thinking peoples like that use their UTX or GEX with P3D under some false pretention like "I paid for it so leave me alone" when they absolutly know that Flight1 said that when buying UTX or GEX it is not to be use with P3D according to their EULA...

I think you've just got some sort of personal anger towards P3D for whatever reason. You can tell me I'm dancing around whatever imaginary issue you've dreamt up. Fact is that's in the license. Whatever it is you don't like send a message to LM I'm sure they'll drag all these criminals to court for the flogging they so richly deserve.

I think you've just got some sort of personal anger towards P3D for whatever reason.

Oh that's rich... nice comeback. :rolleyes:

You can always tell someone in the death throes of their argument when the insults / weird accusations start flying...

You can tell me I'm dancing around whatever imaginary issue you've dreamt up. Fact is that's in the license.

And so is the the type student / user you are - to be in compliance with their EULA. So to say "I'm using it in home" as some sort of justification you're complying with the EULA is dancing around the license... The only person you are fooling is yourself... no need to broadcast that here as who cares what you do.

I understand that you can care less about what the people that do own it use it for, and from that kind of thinking peoples like that use their UTX or GEX with P3D under some false pretention

I think that a bit of a leap Alain... I personally (and certainly so many here) have no interest in what other people do with this or that. Yet we still abide by the retailer's restrictions (as much as we might disagree with "it"). It's really none of my business what others are doing (until maybe they start flaunting it on a public forum).

-Rob

Oh sweet ******* lol. Why are you getting so riled up? Who cares what others do? It is absolutely none of your concern what people do. That's between them and LM. Nice comeback seriously? And you're telling me about personal insults? I insulted no one merely commented on a reply. Are we in the playground now? Gonna puff our chests out for the girls in pig tails.

Shhh. :Secret: I thought I heard a mod carrying a big padlock! :unsure:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Shhh. :Secret: I thought I heard a mod carrying a big padlock! :unsure:

This is what sucks all the joy out of a debate... let people's post stand for what they are... someone acts like a child, it's easy enough for all to see. And a mod can always step in an reign in someone acting nutty. I don't understand why "everyone" who is / are discussing in a reasonable tone need to be "punished".

This is what sucks all the joy out of a debate... let people's post stand for what they are... someone acts like a child, it's easy enough for all to see. I don't understand why "everyone" who is / are discussing in a reasonable tone need to be "punished".

I agree. The sky didn't fall. Interesting seems I've been lied to all these years.

Sorry to go OT here... well... not so much...

I thought we're done with that Microsoft insult here?

I'll tell you... every time I see that stupid M$ and think about the billions Bill & Melinda Gates have given to their foundation... or the number of people he (Bill) and Buffet have encouraged to sign "The Giving Pledge" (http://givingpledge.org/)... or e.g. Paul Allen and his charitable giving... I get so :t0105:

So Walley (or anyone else who likes use that juvenile slam)... when you get to point where you have given more than $30 billion of you wealth to philanthropic causes... sure... feel free then to use the M$ insult.

I totally agree. Very immature. I didnt learn many things in university, but one of the first things we learned was that calling Microsoft for M$ would do nothing but make yourself look like a spoiled child, which I wholeheartedly agree with

vatsim s3

1133704.png

I think that a bit of a leap Alain... I personally (and certainly so many here) have no interest in what other people do with this or that. Yet we still abide by the retailer's restrictions (as much as we might disagree with "it"). It's really none of my business what others are doing (until maybe they start flaunting it on a public forum).

-Rob

Yea! maybe it was a little leap BUT what I don't want to see happening is 3PD making the activations of their softwares so complicated that I'll have to jump into to many loop because they want to make sure their software is used properly, right now their only way out is to not give support to their products if you are not following their EULA like Flight1 and PMDG is doing so far, do you think they will keep it like that for ever, have you look at how much their commercial software cost, I'm sure they don't want to lose money.

See, with all that, what's stoping a commercial user paying big $$ for is addons to say "What's good for the goose is also good for the gander" and just go ahead and buy GEX or UTX sold for entertainment and using it for commercial use, who's out of money...3PD of course.

See, the not carrying about what's going on can come back and bite us in the butt one day.

Who? I'm genuinely curious because I don't follow P3D closely FSX runs perfectly fine for me.

Bimmer... Wims... I appreciate the responses y'all made (quite honestly I thought I would be hammered for that position).

The other thing I'd like to add... I wonder how many of the M$ users purchase Microsoft products.

See, the not carrying about what's going on can come back and bite us in the butt one day.

If someone broadcasts or flaunts their EULA violation... there isn't much to be done except take a (vocal) stance against it (I do believe we should care about it)... and e.g. in the case where I admin for a chess engine forum... delete the user account (probably done here i'd imagine).

What keeps a commercial outfit from doing "it" would be potential litigation / loss of rights. And when I say commercial I mean like a flight school or university. Totally up to LM in this case.

Individuals really have nothing to worry about. This isn't much different when you compare to the individual who copies a video / dvd or music and distributes in a very limited circle. Or the person who "speeds" but not so much as to get noticed or make it worthwhile to pursue. Enforcement cost is not worth the time / effort.

So we who have a moral compass and know EULA violations can impact us all (in this case the potential for higher fees / end of further development / loss of use etc.) sure we can say something. Other than that... :unknw:

Btw when I say "have no interest in what others are doing" I mean in the sense of minding my own business. "They" start to advertise their indiscretion on a forum... well then sure... they are making it our business (maybe I was not clear on that point).

Sorry to go OT here... well... not so much...

I thought we're done with that Microsoft insult here?

I'll tell you... every time I see that stupid M$ and think about the billions Bill & Melinda Gates have given to their foundation... or the number of people he (Bill) and Buffet have encouraged to sign "The Giving Pledge" (http://givingpledge.org/)... or e.g. Paul Allen and his charitable giving... I get so :t0105:

So Walley (or anyone else who likes use that juvenile slam)... when you get to point where you have given more than $30 billion of you wealth to philanthropic causes... sure... feel free then to use the M$ insult.

Good Lord, talk about over-the-top posts...this has to be one of the most asinine posts I've ever read, here or anywhere else.

First off, what's the supposed "insult" in calling them Microsoft? That they're a large corporation with a lot of money? Horrors! You may as well be mortally offended at the many here who abbreviate it as "MS," as they might be equating the company with multiple sclerosis!

Second, you do know that Bill Gates hasn't been running M$ for years now, don't you? And the notion that a person's philanthropy means that you are forbidden from criticizing any decisions their company ever makes (which calling it "M$" doesn't even do, by the way) is about as bizarre as it comes.

Finally, you spent so much energy getting your dander up over one inoffensive-except-in-your-imagination acronym, you managed to miss the REAL poke at M$ -- that they had to shut down support for FSX because they needed all tech-support hands to be available to field the barrage of complaints sure to accompany Windows 8. (The latter, BTW, is not merely my opinion; check out the review in the latest MaximumPC.)

So, Ozzie or whatever your name is, I suggest you chill out -- neither the Gates family nor M$ need you to rush to their defense, much like an outraged suitor ready to demand pistols-at-ten-paces for every imagined slight against the object of your affection. In other words...grow up.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080