Sign in to follow this  
Phantom88

Interesting New Aircraft coming

From MR3D [of A6M21 Japanese Zero fame] looks like he's working on a Pilatus PT-6 Turbo Prop Porter.This aircrft has a very distinct look.One you probably either Love/or Hate.

One thing you can't Hate about The Porter is it's Powerplant's performance.That Turbine engine coupled with it's light weight make it a fabulous STOL Aircraft and Bush Plane.Really looking forward to this one,I have MR3D's Zero and LOVE IT!! Watch his sight for more info.......

http://hosting.x-pla...site/index.html

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I really like the Porter! Used to have the FSD version in fs9 :-) Have flown a few time in one based at LPEV :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Awesome! I love the Porter. You can approach a runway at a 60 degree AOA then level off and touch down right at stall speed without batting an eye. Looking forward to this. It'll be perfect for bush flights!

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

I have a Freeware FSX version, sadly can't remember the authors name, but it is wonderful. I can't wait to see this rendition as it is a very nice and awesome looking aircraft!

Fantastic video showing off The Porter's Bush flying Ability's,**WARNING** The Music in the video can get annoying.Keep Volume control Handy.

Patrick

OK, I'll bite.... What's the purpose of the candy-striped plates aft of the wheels? Are they some kind of fender substitute?

sigPicF8.jpg

Nice video. That plane looks like it stops almost as soon as it touches the ground. Talk about short landing.

One thing the PT-6 equipped Porter can do (the Garrett engine can't) is use beta range while in the air. Makes for some dramatic decent rates!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

One thing the PT-6 equipped Porter can do (the Garrett engine can't) is use beta range while in the air. Makes for some dramatic decent rates!

Yes! I know and my stomach too :-) On that one, pink with flowers, above :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

OK, I'll bite.... What's the purpose of the candy-striped plates aft of the wheels? Are they some kind of fender substitute?

I would say those are there to protect The Fusalage from the wheels kicking up any stones on Rough runways.

Patrick

Yup, they are splash guards for stones and other FOD that can get kicked up when doing bush flying. You could see it on Maule's and Cessnas with large bush tires as well that operate in Alaska and other such bush territory regularly. One thing you don't usually see is the Porter with the G1000 operating bush. That's a cool video of a special aircraft. I've seen many a Porter jump plane and none have had more than minimum IFR equipment let alone glass.

A few new pics have been added.

Patrick

Hey Phantom88, thanks for your interest !

I'll eventually start a new thread here, but the main one is still on the org : http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=58037

There is also my little blog : http://hueyman.overblog.com/

And just to clarify, the PT-6 Porter don't exist.. there are the Pilatus PC-6, and it's associated, very famous powerplant, the P&W Canada PT6 Turbine ;-)

Cheers and happy new year everyone !