Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Went multi-platform...

Ok-here are some shots-all Carenado B58-by the way love the glass on xplane (along with the reflections on the glass). You can also see the point about the terrain not being as detailed in the first shot, and the plausable office buildings at the airport.

They look washed out.

Try setting the gamma to about 2.2.

The differences in color will be very noticeable.

Well I'll admit these Xplane shots are with the sun on the wrong side-on the right side they do brighten up- however the fonts on the instruments, needles etc. still look blurry in compare with my reading glasses on. I will experiment with gamma settings tomorrow though.... Tweaking it is called? I'll report back...

Well I'll admit these Xplane shots are with the sun on the wrong side-on the right side they do brighten up- however the fonts on the instruments, needles etc. still look blurry in compare with my reading glasses on. I will experiment with gamma settings tomorrow though.... Tweaking it is called? I'll report back...

LOL. Well, if you call going into the main rendering page in X Plane and moving the gamma from 2.5 to 2.2 "tweaking", I guess so.

I consider "tweaking" to be going into a file and setting different parameters. ie. FSX.cfg

Trouble is the colors are not washed out when the sun is in its 50% other position-and while brighter the instruments still look like I don't have my glasses on...

So do I tweak for 50 % of the time but still have blurry instruments or do we hope that another feature that doesn't yet exist gets in the next version?

I wouldn't know. I don't have, nor did I design the add on, so I cannot comment on it or any tweaks that may be necessary.

For this issue you seem to be having, I would suggest you go to x-plane.org and ask the developer directly about any possible tweaks that might be needed.

http://forums.x-plan...p?showforum=106

It isn't just this product-as I am sure you recall we had this discussion about a year ago about another roduct and as I recall you told me developers had requested higher resolution as a feature but so far turned down.

Higher resolution is now available for XP10. It was introduced a few updates ago. Now everything, except the cockpit object (which is where all the manipulators and panel regions are stored) can be textured in 4096 textures. To make it even better, the hit to FPS is negligible.

Although when it comes to conversions of the Carenado add ons, unless the textures are already 4096 x 4096, the X Plane dev doing the converting can't just upscale to 4096. He would have to re UV map and re texture everything in 4096's to make it look as clear as a 4096. Again, I don't have the Carenado add ons, so I don't know what size their textures are.

Great to hear! I hope all Xplane cockpits will be more readable-including the default gps.

I find going multi-platform to be educational and frustrating. The thing I keep taking away is how sims seem to "specialize" based on the designers focus, and how easy it is to "drink the cool aid" and go along with the group-think of one particular sim after a while. Keeping my fingers on more than one pulse gives me a better look at other ways of doing things, and lets me more clearly see the strengths and the weaknesses of other sims, as well as missed opportunities within my primary one.

At least that's how I try to make it work.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Set the texture resolution to very high and you wont see any blurry instruments !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

It is set to the max...

Are the instruments still blurry ?

There is no blurry instruments with my copy of XPX or any ADD-ONS that I've purchased. I would upload a pic but the pic ends up getting blurry when I upload it.

Eric Escobar

Blurry in the sense that if you look at the fonts, even needles you can see pixelation. The default gps shows this greatly. Add the sun in the wrong position and things can look fuzzy. A problem with the Baron B58 because the rpm/manifold/mixture are very small dials in the viewpoint a pilot would see from his vantage. Again, a compare of both the same products on two different sims show the differences.

I am wondering if Carenados statement in the readme file included with the aircraft (and more info than on the website):

"Although this plane will work in X-Plane v10, it is not optimized for X-Plane 10, nor does it make full use of X-Plane 10's new features. However, great care has been taken to make this plane as compatible as

v10, so that it will look correct in a wide variety of settings available in X-Plane 10. Once X-Plane 10's

have reached a point that can be considered "stable", Carenado will work towards bringing this plane and

previously published planes in line with X-Plane 10's feature set."

Of course this brings into question again how the lack of a "stable version" and future upgrades effect the add in provider, and perhaps more importantly the consumer.

re: photoscenery for xplane 10-specifically Simsavy-I spoke to Larry at Simsavy and there is no plan to make it for xplane.

Blurry in the sense that if you look at the fonts, even needles you can see pixelation. The default gps shows this greatly. Add the sun in the wrong position and things can look fuzzy. A problem with the Baron B58 because the rpm/manifold/mixture are very small dials in the viewpoint a pilot would see from his vantage. Again, a compare of both the same products on two different sims show the differences.

I am wondering if Carenados statement in the readme file included with the aircraft (and more info than on the website):

"Although this plane will work in X-Plane v10, it is not optimized for X-Plane 10, nor does it make full use of X-Plane 10's new features. However, great care has been taken to make this plane as compatible as

v10, so that it will look correct in a wide variety of settings available in X-Plane 10. Once X-Plane 10's

have reached a point that can be considered "stable", Carenado will work towards bringing this plane and

previously published planes in line with X-Plane 10's feature set."

Of course this brings into question again how the lack of a "stable version" and future upgrades effect the add in provider, and perhaps more importantly the consumer.

re: photoscenery for xplane 10-specifically Simsavy-I spoke to Larry at Simsavy and there is no plan to make it for xplane.

I dont see any pixelation in the Carenado ADD-ONS, with the exception of the defualt GPS. I do see some pixelation with the default AC but thats kind of expected.

Eric Escobar

Good for you! I think the shots I posted above show the difference.