Sign in to follow this  
Not_Boeing_Not_Going

Need of detailed comparison between 737NG and A320?

hello, can anyone provide a detailed comparison between the technology of airbus family vs tech of Boeing. I am very interested to know why the airbus has very complicated systems compared to Boeing although the later has the most successful Jet ( B737)? Does the complicated systems and automation in Airbus give it better safety, efficiency, handling and lower maintenance costs for example? thanks.

Indeed the 737 has been a better seller than the A320 so far, though that is due to the fact that it has been on the market for 20 years more than the A320 has been. In the past 10 years Airbus has received over 7,100 orders, while Boeing in the same period had received over 6,300 orders, in that period Airbus delivered roughly 350 more aircraft than Boeing.

With regard to the complexity of the systems, while the A320 may have more complex systems than the 737, the newer aircraft from Boeing such as the 777 and 787 are at a similar level of technology and complexity as Airbus aircraft. These systems indeed do give Airbus aircraft, as well as the T7 and 787 better safety, efficiency and handling though I can't speak with regards to the maintainence costs.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Indeed the 737 has been a better seller than the A320 so far, though that is due to the fact that it has been on the market for 20 years more than the A320 has been. In the past 10 years Airbus has received over 7,100 orders, while Boeing in the same period had received over 6,300 orders, in that period Airbus delivered roughly 350 more aircraft than Boeing.

With regard to the complexity of the systems, while the A320 may have more complex systems than the 737, the newer aircraft from Boeing such as the 777 and 787 are at a similar level of technology and complexity as Airbus aircraft. These systems indeed do give Airbus aircraft, as well as the T7 and 787 better safety, efficiency and handling though I can't speak with regards to the maintainence costs.

Regards,

Ró.

thank you....i think that the number of airbus ECAM messages that appear when engine failure occurs for example are extensive and more complicated than Boeing and this may give the pilot the feel that airbus is more safer although the two jets are AIRLINERS and DO their jobs!

thank you....i think that the number of airbus ECAM messages that appear when engine failure occurs for example are extensive and more complicated than Boeing and this may give the pilot the feel that airbus is more safer although the two jets are AIRLINERS and DO their jobs!

The number of ECAM actions is irrelevent to how safe an aircraft feels to a pilot, there is the same number and complexity of actions as in a conventional Boeing aircraft, only in Boeing aircraft they're in the QRH and not on a screen.

It is the Fly By Wire (FBW) protections that give the sense of safety and security to these aircraft, not the number of messages on a screen.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

The number of ECAM actions is irrelevent to how safe an aircraft feels to a pilot, there is the same number and complexity of actions as in a conventional Boeing aircraft, only in Boeing aircraft they're in the QRH and not on a screen.

It is the Fly By Wire (FBW) protections that give the sense of safety and security to these aircraft, not the number of messages on a screen.

Regards,

Ró.

but i think that ECAM messages help pilots and remind them with the help of QRH to go through the failure or warnings step by step and reduce the workload of pilots in an emergency. what do you think?

but i think that ECAM messages help pilots and remind them with the help of QRH to go through the failure or warnings step by step and reduce the workload of pilots in an emergency. what do you think?

Well yes, that's exactly it. Which is a nice thing to have, but most glass cockpit aircraft have it. It does improve safety of the old analogue flight decks indeed, but it's not the be all and end all of what makes the Airbus safer. Take the flight deck environment for example, the A320 version is far less fatigue inducing than the 737 one, which enhances safety, and other aspects like that.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I guess with a nick name like this, the OP will greatly reduce his choices of potential future destinations :Thinking:

Indeed, not only is he missing out on Airbus aircraft, but also Fokker, Bombardier, ATR, Embraer, BAE, McDonnell Douglas, Sukhoi, ect. A shame really....

"If it ain't Airbus, I'll kick up a fuss" - Trust me, it's catching on....

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I've never understood it myself either. As an aviation enthusiast I love all aircraft. I'd go as far as saying "If I'm going to fly and it's not an aircraft, I'm not going" - which precludes me from winning any poetry competitions I'll admit ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

For starters the spelling is different. Then the Airbus is made in many many places and finally assembled in Toulouse whilst the Boeings are made in China. Maintenance is cheap with super glue. Google is awesome.

Indeed, not only is he missing out on Airbus aircraft, but also Fokker, Bombardier, ATR, Embraer, BAE, McDonnell Douglas, Sukhoi, ect. A shame really....

"If it ain't Airbus, I'll kick up a fuss" - Trust me, it's catching on....

Regards,

Ró.Can you explain the word ( Shame) ?? please?

I've never understood it myself either. As an aviation enthusiast I love all aircraft. I'd go as far as saying "If I'm going to fly and it's not an aircraft, I'm not going" - which precludes me from winning any poetry competitions I'll admit ;-)

For a starters the spelling is different. Then the Airbus is made in many many places and finally assembled in Toulouse whilst the Boeings are made in China. Maintenance is cheap with super glue. Google is awesome.

I have requested a reference for comparison between airbus and boeing technology! :Peace: My nick name is a very famous rhyme of boeing company and ATP pilots who spend his life on one of the boeing aircrafts :Nerd: !! Could you explain why did you went off the main topic?? and a shame ?? :clapping: i have selected the two top leaders in aviation industry and that doesn't mean the other manufacturers are missed out! :LMAO:

It's a bumper sticker slogan, guys. They sell them at the Boeing gift store. Just a rhyme. Lighten up.

http://www.boeingsto...k&searchSize=12

Aviation Expert..... B)

Could you explain why did you went off the main topic??

I could, but I can no longer be bothered. In fact, I'm guilty of breaking my rule of no longer commenting on FS forums, just discussing things of relevance. And now I'm cross with myself.

Please accept my apologies if I offended you.

Goodbye.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Well yes, that's exactly it. Which is a nice thing to have, but most glass cockpit aircraft have it. It does improve safety of the old analogue flight decks indeed, but it's not the be all and end all of what makes the Airbus safer. Take the flight deck environment for example, the A320 version is far less fatigue inducing than the 737 one, which enhances safety, and other aspects like that.

Regards,

Ró.

Hello Ró,

Can you elaborate a little on the 'flight deck enviroment' advantages/disadvantages of the A320 and the B737? Thanks.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .