Sign in to follow this  
davidmi58

Have any of you tried this? (SweetFX)

How "Shade" and "SweetFX" are working together?

As Shade and SweetFX are completely different types of addons/plugins, they are working perfectly together.

I tested them in DX9 and also in DX10 mode.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Figured out why it wasn't working on my system. Appears SweetFX will not work in windowed mode. If I AltEnter to full screen mode, then SFX works.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Now its not working again. It just won't hook for some reason. Works fine in other games.

I fly only in windowed mode and SFX is working perfectly. There are flashes when info text appears in FSX in DX10 mode, and that's all.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I fly only in windowed mode and SFX is working perfectly. There are flashes when info text appears in FSX in DX10 mode, and that's all.

I just tested that . Window mode it still smooth an nice effect. I switch to Full screen an i would only get a crash if i try to load in a flight plan . But i could go through any option in fsx with out no crash even with the effect on . But when creating a flight plan with the effect On or Off it would still crash . So am thinking it might have something to do with flight planning . Should i get FSBUILD 2 does it make any difference ?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Anyone said SweetFX? I'm an sfx addicted.    :rolleyes: 

On the first four shots I'm using AA @ 16x and Transparency AA @ 4x. Works great, no fps impact on my setup. Rest of the shots are using the settings that are currently in my sig.

8724609868_90edefea93_b.jpg

8724611444_92eeca6e1b_b.jpg

8721622985_25eb0195b2_b.jpg

8724611924_e4d6fd5fd3_b.jpg

8699511907_dde4a50baf_b.jpg

8710980491_95086fa135_b.jpg

8701389699_09782fe1d2_b.jpg

Anyone said sweetfx? I'm an sfx addicted.

Have you try creating flight plan while using sweetfx ? Amazing screen shot . Do you mind sharing your sweetfx setting ? Most simmers that i know only use this effect flying VFR which works pretty good. I won't get crash if am using sweetfx flying VFR .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

Damn forum ruined my post again. What's up with this silly html problem? My settings are in the sig. Some of these were posted in SS forum, but I only just now found out about this discussion.

If you wait slightly more, I'm going to update the files in my sig for new and better ones. Or, you can grab a copy of the current and try it out, then compare with my new settings when I upload them. These are intended for dx9. For dx10 you will have to adjust the bloom and few other things. One thing you should check is technicolor which isn't to everybody's taste to tick that one off if you want a slightly brighter image. The first 3 pics do not include technicolor (not using it in my newest settings).

Have you try creating flight plan while using sweetfx ? Amazing screen shot . Do you mind sharing your sweetfx setting ? Most simmers that i know only use this effect flying VFR which works pretty good. I won't get crash if am using sweetfx flying VFR .

Hmm... I don't think I have but with dx9 I never had a crash related to sfx afaik. I do get a crash with dx10 but that's probably something wrong with either fsx's controversial dx10 mode or sfx dx10 compatibility (prolly the first).

Damn forum ruined my post again. What's up with this silly html problem? My settings are in the sig. Some of these were posted in SS forum but I found this discussion only now. :)

If you wait slightly more, I'm going to update the files in my sig for new and better ones. Or, you can grab a copy of the current and try it out, then compare with my new settings when I upload them. These are intended for dx9. For dx10 you will have to adjust the bloom and few other things.

Hmm... I don't think I have but with dx9 I never had a crash related to sfx afaik. I do get a crash with dx10 but that's probably something wither dx10 or sfx dx10 compatibility.

Thanks :) by the way you screen shots looks so real it hurts my eyes looking at it to much LOL . Amazing  keep it up . What scenery add on did you used for this ? I found that with the sweetfx config 1.3.3 is easyer to tweek the setting with sweetfx .

Mr Leny

Lol someone else pointed that out. I guess there's truth to it. To tweak my SFX I use the latest configurator and I put fsx in windowed mode. I then tick the "auto-save" feature in the configurator, then make a change and slightly resize the window to see the new effect. There's no need to alt-enter like crazy.

I used a free canarias scenery add-on from 2009/10. It's pretty neat but it has it's faults.. like I've seen few spots where there's like no proper texture resolution and such. Still beautiful though.

Btw, I've taken inspiration from DeadEndThrills. It's a website that posts spectacular maxxed gfx screenshots of different titles and it gives small bit of info on how that shot was taken. It's pretty damn cool, so I'd bookmark that thing right off! :)

Some of the shots posted @ DET (some were taken @ 4K resolution and Tileproxy):

coast2coast.jpg

alpinepass.jpg

rangefinder.jpg

simearth.jpg

Lol someone else pointed that out. I guess there's truth to it.

I used a free canarias scenery add-on from 2009/10. It's pretty neat but it has it's faults.. like I've seen few spots where there's like no proper texture resolution and such. Still beautiful though.

Btw, I've taken inspiration from DeadEndThrills. It's a website that posts spectacular maxxed gfx screenshots of different titles and it gives small bit of info on how that shot was taken. It's pretty damn cool, so I'd bookmark that thing right off! :)

Some of the shots posted @ DET (some were taken @ 4K resolution and Tileproxy):

Nice i see you are using define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING

What is suppose to be set off in Nvidia Inspector ?

Mr Leny

I've also changed my Inspector settings to better settings, but the current ones should also yield good results. To use my Inspector settings just start up Inspector and pick the default FSX profile, then import my profile onto that profile so it overrides the default settings. Then, test in FSX. Don't be deterred if the preview pane is a little jagged, as it's acting differently once in-game. :)

I've also changed my Inspector settings to better settings, but the current ones should also yield good results. To use my Inspector settings just start up Inspector and pick the default FSX profile, then import my profile onto that profile so it overrides the default settings. Then, test in FSX. Don't be deterred if the preview pane is a little jagged, as it's acting differently once in-game. :)

Thanks will test it today an see.  :D

Mr Leny