Sign in to follow this  
meshman

P3D launcher?

MSVCP110.dll is indeed part of the VC++ runtime redistributable. I will upload a new version tonight (UTC+1) that will have the Visual C++ runtime redistributable installer included and will have the dependency on shell32.dll removed (so it will run properly on Windows XP as well). Apologies for the inconvenience.

Maarten

Thanks for followup, perhaps AVSIM should pull the original file if they haven't already done so.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I believe MSVCP110.DLL is part of Visual C++ 2012. A simple search will find a download.

Yes and no. :) could not find it by itself without wading through lots of popup hacker sites. I installed the C++ runtime and,for whatever reason, the dll required did not install.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Same here. Installation of VC++ Redist x64 did not solve the problem. X86 is not installable.

Maarten - a request for the future - :)

Some developers provide preset flights for their products, location, plan , weather and a/c. When one of these is loaded - is there a way to change the "preloaded" aircraft? I don't easily see how that could be done from the documentation. Perhaps, when you put up the new version with the C++ files, it will be more obvious.

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Just wanted to say what a super little utility this is, now that the 1.2 version has ironed out the tiny little c++ .dll bug. Maarten, many thanks for moving so quickly to correct this and for such an invaluable program. It is what all Prepar3d users have been waiting for. Brilliant stuff.

Most awesome! Thank you for this development, I am sure this will help many P3D users, and pull many of new ones in, as people didn't wanna go P3D due to missing startup... this will surely make couple of converts!

There is one problem however, for which the author can't do anything:

When FSX is loaded like this, sometimes it doesn't open the main windows, like it has been minimized, only loading window appears, and the FSX is loading way slower. What you can do is go to the task manager, click on FSX and tell it to maximize. That works well.

Didn't test P3D yet.

Now getting this after a first successful load, when I try loading the 2nd, 3rd time...

I have to say that I have had no issues at all, but have only tried it with P3D. It's so great to be able to select the plane and the airport I wish to use.

Now getting this after a first successful load, when I try loading the 2nd, 3rd time...

Same here

A different little problem here. When I create a new flight the sim starts fine but the aircraft engine(s) are not running - and won't start! This even on a C150.

Am I doing something wrong or is it Simlauncher?

Also does it have to start "Paused"?

Cheers

Chris

And here is the answer. When starting a New flight it appears to be loading the aircraft with empty tanks. Not even a few fumes...

I should state this is in P3D

Chris

Hi,

I just installed version 1.2 from the Avsim library. Kaspersky complained it being infected (UDS Dangerous Object) and sent it into quarantine

I don't expect this to be a true virus but feel a bit uneasy, and in any case, I can't use it now. Version 1.0 did not have Kaspersky complain (but could not start the simulators either).

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Guest do_denver2

Same error message here, file simlauncher cannot be found or is corrupt.

Hi all,

Version 1.7 is on it's way to the library. In the meantime you can download it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0aiurd4nvmfed1j/SimLauncher17.zip

See the release notes for all the fixes and improvements. Windows XP is now supported, in app update check, newly created flight start with full tanks i.s.o. empty tanks etc.

I'm still puzzled by the corrupt file error message that some of you are getting. I don't tthink I have included a virus; I checked it myself with several virus checkers and also the library reports that no virus has been found.

Hope you enjoy this one, and let me know if you find more bugs.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Maarten,

Your computer must be infected or something, because you just released us a Launcher filled with Trojans. I don't believe these are false alarms, sorry.

The first thing here the file has been deleted, Kaspersky gave me this message, note that not only one file is infected, there is url.exe??? in the archive, WHAT FOR?):

Please take all the files down before more people get infected!