Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

GTX 680n with 8xS & 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling

Wow thank you very much for doing the work!

I must say this result is nothing short of great.

It puzzles me though if you maybe forgot to turn off the vsync tweak - or did I forget to mention to turn it off??? :O :o :ph34r:

I just noticed you wrote "FPS LOCKED @ 30FPS with 1/2 refresh rate enabled on NI"

Could you repeat with unlocked FPS in FSX and vsync functions all fully off? I think the 4xSGSS test would suffice, no need to reload 3-4 times ^_^

And if your view is loading in external, then leave it like that. Mine loads in VC, maybe that's EZCA playing. I have to press S to get into external.

Without Vsync it's probably going to shoot up even more. Would like to know how much!

But what is so miraculous is that you are getting 19fps AVG with 8xSGSS. With locked FPS I get 19 with 2xSGSS!

Damn monster card... I want it.

LOL Ok, let me disable vsync and see how it goes before I leave for work...

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

LOL Ok, let me disable vsync and see how it goes before I leave for work...

*crossed fingers!*

And don't tell me 40fps with 2xSGSS (or equivalent with 4xSGSS...), because if you do, then I'm out tomorrow for 500€ lighter and it's gonna be your fault! ;-)

Here you go, Word Not Allowed!

###################################################

NO VSYNC

1280x720x32 / 8xS / 2XSGSS

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg

22951, 300000, 70, 82, 76.503

1280x720x32 / 8xS / 4XSGSS

14979, 300000, 44, 53, 49.930

###################################################

NO VSYNC

1920x1080x32 / 8xS / 2XSGSS

11411, 300000, 33, 41, 38.037

1920x1080x32 / 8xS / 4XSGSS

7136, 300000, 21, 25, 23.787

:lol: :P B)

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

Oh damnit. Now you've done it.

1) correct my blog to reflect this

2) go and buy it

And you are aware I want to buy new headphones right now? And they strech me for 250€... :wacko:

Oh damnit. Now you've done it.

1) correct my blog to reflect this

2) go and buy it

And you are aware I want to buy new headphones right now? And they strech me for 250€... :wacko:

LOL I guess it will be Christmas in November for you! hahahah Keep in mind, Word Not Allowed, that my card is heavily overclocked.

Stock speeds on this card are:

Core clock: 1084 MHz

Boost clock: 1150 MHz

Memory clock: 6008 MHz

While my OC speeds are:

Core clock: 1097 MHz

Boost clock: 1163 MHz

Maximum clock: 1293 MHz

Memory clock: 6840 MHz

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

So is the consensus that I should unlock my frames on these things? I have same cards in my rig not OC'd.

Efrain I wanted some info on your OC.

Are you running the card water cooled?

So is the consensus that I should unlock my frames on these things? I have same cards in my rig not OC'd.

Efrain I wanted some info on your OC.

Are you running the card water cooled?

No, Dan. The consensus is that we need to run the vsync tweak in order to maintain smoothness and remain stutter free. Once you run FPS unlocked, it will introduce stutters but it is perfect for gauging raw performance of the card.

Yup, I have my card with a Corsair H80 water cooler with push-pull fan config. Even at 120% load @ 1.212v, my card does not hit 60C. Hovers in the mid to upper 50C.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

LOL I guess it will be Christmas in November for you! hahahah Keep in mind, Word Not Allowed, that my card is heavily overclocked.

Stock speeds on this card are:

Core clock: 1084 MHz

Boost clock: 1150 MHz

Memory clock: 6008 MHz

While my OC speeds are:

Core clock: 1097 MHz

Boost clock: 1163 MHz

Maximum clock: 1293 MHz

Memory clock: 6840 MHz

Oh that's not THAT heavy. On my GTX580 I used to OC a LOT, due to watercooler, the temperatures didn't rise almost at all. But I did really a considerable overclock, which gave quite a boost. Problem is: not really in FSX. So I reset it to stock again.

Oh that's not THAT heavy. On my GTX580 I used to OC a LOT, due to watercooler, the temperatures didn't rise almost at all. But I did really a considerable overclock, which gave quite a boost. Problem is: not really in FSX. So I reset it to stock again.

Yea, but keep in mind that the 680's reference speeds are much lower. Reference speeds on the 680 are 1006/1058/6000. That's GPU core/Boost/Memory. My card comes factory OC'ed and then I OC even more. There is no retail 680 that matches the speed I'm running it at. As a matter of fact, I think I am almost at the very limit as far as OC a 4GB version of the 680. The 2GB can overclock a tad bit more (reaching 7000 MHz on memory). I can probably reach 1300 MHz on GPU core if I lower the memory a bit more but from my testing while OC'ing, these cards benefit more by OC'ing the memory vs OC'ing the GPU core.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

Thank god I already bought the 670 FTW, I initialy wanted the 660TI to replace my 560TI, then decided on paying extra for the 670FTW. If I had seen this post I would have blown even more cash on the 680FTW!

Rob Prest

Yea, but keep in mind that the 680's reference speeds are much lower. Reference speeds on the 680 are 1006/1058/6000. That's GPU core/Boost/Memory. My card comes factory OC'ed and then I OC even more. There is no retail 680 that matches the speed I'm running it at. As a matter of fact, I think I am almost at the very limit as far as OC a 4GB version of the 680. The 2GB can overclock a tad bit more (reaching 7000 MHz on memory). I can probably reach 1300 MHz on GPU core if I lower the memory a bit more but from my testing while OC'ing, these cards benefit more by OC'ing the memory vs OC'ing the GPU core.

OK, but how does your performance scale really? Because mine doesn't on the GTX580 the last time I checked.

OK, but how does your performance scale really? Because mine doesn't on the GTX580 the last time I checked.

Can't really tell because I never ran these tests at stock speeds.

- Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus which is rooted via Tapatalk because haters gonna hate.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

With the specs I listed here: http://forum.avsim.net/index.php?/topic/391273-Tired-of-ATI,-help-with-Nvidia-options

Will this 680 FTW+ card work on my system? I noticed it says PCI 3.0 and my system says PCI version 2?

It will work but at 2.0 specs. You won't notice a thing as far as a performance drop. Hardly anything saturates a PCI-E 2.0 bus, much less a 3.0 one.

- Sent from my rooted, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE smartphone via Tapatalk because haters gonna hate.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz