Sign in to follow this  
Kaly

Orbx England What Do You Think?

OK Guys,

I am going to ask everyone to restrain themselves from personally attacking any individuals over at ORBX. We are not defending or protecting him or anyone else, but let's try to stay on the upper side of things by not wallowing in it.

It is OK to say your piece and then move on and give constructive analysis from both the positive and negative sides. Let's not get personal no matter how provoked, otherwise we'll begin to smell bad too. You know what I mean.

Kind regards,

.....but not responding to constructive criticism and even banning people from the forums for raising it is frankly a bizarre and ridiculous response.

Sadly, they are not the only ones that have done this. I was permanently banned from the PlayHorizon forum for asking a simple question. This was "I have noticed that the sea rises up the cliffs just short of the runway 30 threshold at Cardiff Airport. Can this be sorted out?" My thread disappeared shortly after that, and then a day later I discovered that I had been permanently banned.

Ridiculous.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Sadly, they are not the only ones that have done this. I was permanently banned from the PlayHorizon forum for asking a simple question. This was "I have noticed that the sea rises up the cliffs just short of the runway 30 threshold at Cardiff Airport. Can this be sorted out?" My thread disappeared shortly after that, and then a day later I discovered that I had been permanently banned.

Ridiculous.

Amazing really.

The rest of the games industry really wouldn't get away with that. Seems many flight sim devs use their forum as advertising. They want to present a happy forum full of satisfied customers as testament to the quality of the product. Renders a forum pointless - they may as well have a testimonials page instead.

Strange that most of the negative comments re this topic are from the naughty banned ORBX posters. :blush:

"the trouble is that some users havnt got much patience at all, expect everything to be perfect out of the box"

"Why wouldn't folk expect the product to work out of the box? What ELSE do you buy that you don't expect to work out of the box?"

Yes it works out of the box and it is not perfect, just the same as any other scenery add on, patches are added at a later date.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Grumpyrocker,

That's enough. Everyone has a right to voice his opinion here. We are now all perfectly aware ad nauseam about your problems with that guy downunder. It's getting tedious.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

wow just wow, here I was expecting to see a nice thread about England, instead I find yet ANOTHER bashing session and deplorable behaviour by the usual suspects and a new one. Ever been to the Ubisoft forums Grumpy ? Geez buddy, go and spend half a day there and then say the same thing. Betcha ya can't ;)

Anyway, casting stones seems to be the flavour of this last and past year here, a little sport I will not participate in. The only reason I actually come here is to make sure there are no customers that are locked out or something like that and after the last little thread that was deleted last week, I would have thought the problems would have been taken care of but this thread proves otherwise.. yet again.

wow just wow, here I was expecting to see a nice thread about England, instead I find yet ANOTHER bashing session and deplorable behaviour by the usual suspects and a new one. Ever been to the Ubisoft forums Grumpy ? Geez buddy, go and spend half a day there and then say the same thing. Betcha ya can't ;)

Awwww bless your cotton socks.

Right. Back onto the topic. Just tried FTX ENG again for the first time in a few days and found the area around Boscombe Down doesn't seem to betray the landlcass landslip that I've seen further south. Which makes it seem even more likely there's one chunk of the landclass (at least) that somehow got shifted in development. I wonder if the whole thing is a simple case of one number being fed in a tool somewhere that moved a whole region slightly off its moorings. That being said - that doesn't cover the sloppy haphazard bridges and other objects, but would at least explain the odd autogen problems.

(thanks for the User Award BTW whoever gave me that!) :P

Anyway, casting stones seems to be the flavour of this last and past year here, a little sport I will not participate in. The only reason I actually come here is to make sure there are no customers that are locked out or something like that and after the last little thread that was deleted last week, I would have thought the problems would have been taken care of but this thread proves otherwise.. yet again.

To late JayKae, you did participate by expressing your opinion in this thread about somebody.

You know I always said that you are a fair man and I still think you are but lets be honest here....there is a reason why this forum exist and I'm not saying it's because of you, I know you did set up the Orbx's forum for peoples who are banned and need help (maybe there is somewhere another forum like this one here about Ubisoft?), funny that you or some Orbx staff members lurking here do not praise peoples posting about how much they love Orbx England.

I don't see peoples expressing their opinion here on what they think is a bug or (for some) major mistake with the scenery as them bashing Orbx products (Orbx's boss is another story), calling it like it is or as they see it can just make Orbx aware of problems they may have missed (or not), the difference here is that Avsim's members can post here without holding a dozen of roses in their hands singing Kumbaya to please Tom.

Strange that most of the negative comments re this topic are from the naughty banned ORBX posters. :blush:

Yep....... that stands out like a sore thumb to me too. :wink:

Some people on this thread are just plain old haters...... Some really pathetic comments getting made too. Like the one about the baby incubators; some people have absolutely no perspective in life. Just acting like spoilt children.

There are some people on this thread that I would quite happily ban from my forum too, with the way they go on. It;'s not like FTX ENG is the worst product ever released for god's sake.... it's not perfect but it's bloody good.

Jay's right ......... Just plain old -----> Haters......... haters........ haters.

Guys,

Whatever side you are on, Please ! This is leading nowhere. The thread is about Orbx England. Please keep it on topic.

At the beginning of this thread, there was some interaction that could have led somewhere with a developper of the UK team. I guess he fled, no wonder why !

Right. Back onto the topic. Just tried FTX ENG again for the first time in a few days and found the area around Boscombe Down doesn't seem to betray the landlcass landslip that I've seen further south. Which makes it seem even more likely there's one chunk of the landclass (at least) that somehow got shifted in development. I wonder if the whole thing is a simple case of one number being fed in a tool somewhere that moved a whole region slightly off its moorings. That being said - that doesn't cover the sloppy haphazard bridges and other objects, but would at least explain the odd autogen problems.

That's a helpful observation, Grumyrocket. I hope the Uk team will have a look at it.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Some people on this thread are just plain old haters...... Some really pathetic comments getting made too. Like the one about the baby incubators; some people have absolutely no perspective in life. Just acting like spoilt children.

How very sad of you to drag the thread down again. It was a metaphor, understand that?

You don't know anything at all about me or experience with incubators or what possible connotations they have had in my life, my late wife or my children. All I see is someone who seems - for no reason I can tell - out to get me. Believe me it really takes a lot more to phase me than some internet bully. I've not forgotten the PM.

I'm here to talk about this latest ORBX product. This is the fifth ORBX product and the only one I have a problem with. I have consistently explained my position with examples of my problems with my product and the obvious poor customer service from ORBX. I was genuinely shocked by my treatment at ORBX because as far as I knew the company had an exemlary record. Certainly the products this far had been great, as had

But you aren't interested are you? You don't want me to discuss this product. I don't really understand why. But then having worked in both the internet and videogames industry for the last 14 years I tend not to be surprised by the behaviour of trolls.

Fine, you don't want me to be here. You don't like me. You want to bully me. I can't be bothered. Got more important things to do. I'm going to read my children a bedtime story, uninstall ORBx England, start a paypal dispute then finish up my review of FTX England for my day job.

Have a nice life. Shan't be chatting with you again.

This thread has turned truly embarassing. Lock it down, for everyone's sake.

Yes I agree. A pity, really :mellow:

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

Yep....... that stands out like a sore thumb to me too. :wink:

There are some people on this thread that I would quite happily ban from my forum too, with the way they go on. It;'s not like FTX ENG is the worst product ever released for god's sake.... it's not perfect but it's bloody good.

Jay's right ......... Just plain old -----> Haters......... haters........ haters.

That just earned you a couple of weeks suspension.

Yes I agree. A pity, really :mellow:

Yes, we'll shut it down....