Sign in to follow this  
Rlambert93

Shortest route the 737-800-900

Can anyone tell me what the shortest routes these planes fly in real life operations. And can you include flight plans if possible please.

Rob lambert

Guest maxief

KLM does EHAM _ EGLL.......as a starter or EHAM - EDDF......

John Folkie

I have flown KLAX-KSNA several times but of coure that is not scheduled. That happens when the plane missed the KSNA curfew the night before and diverted to KLAX. In addition to KMIA-KTPA we also have KLAX-KSFO, KMIA-KMCO, KDFW-KIAH, KORD-KMSP and I don't know if we still do it but we did do KJFK-KBDL for a long time. Those are all pretty short trips.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Also...My personal favorite short route with the NGX is KDEN-KASE. I don't believe any of the major airlines use the 737 for this route but I know there is a private BBJ 737 at DIA that flies this route pretty often. Fun, challenging and very scenic with Aerosoft and ImagineSim payware!

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

Both SAS and Norwegian uses the 737-800 on BGO - SVG which is usually about 30-35 minutes. If the wind is perfectly aligned and they fly from rwy 17 at BGO to rwy 18 at SVG it's only about 86nm long.

Alaska used to run the 900 from YVR to SEA (120nm) once daily. CYVR JAWBN KSEA

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Every once in a while, you'll see an AAL or DAL 738 repo from IAD to DCA.

Remember, aircraft size follows route density and operational requirements, not the length of the route. It can be as short as the airline needs it to be. Shorter routes are often vectored anyway.

Here's an example: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASQ5940/history/20121128/0245Z/KIAD/KRIC

The filed route was HAFNR GVE FAK, but the only part of the route it actually overflew was HAFNR.

So, even if you did have a route for some of those short flights (talking 50-100nm here), depending on the controllers/facility, they'll just vector you to push you through the system faster. Some facilities can't (N90 - NY TRACON, or SCT - SoCal are generally so complex/busy they wouldn't want to take on the extra load).

In other cases, there's just no real valid route. Those IAD-DCA repositioning flights I mentioned usually file AML as the route, which is a VOR on the field at IAD...

If it's not an oft-used route, there normally isn't a preferred route, and you just make it up as you best see fit. I don't understand why people seem to be so scared about making their own routes around here (wrote a tutorial, but it still hasn't been approved going on 8 days now), but that might be because I've been doing it since FS5.0 with my neighbor's old Jepp charts.

Kyle Rodgers

In the southern lands, and with Orbx on board then YSSY-YSCB is good for a short practice it all route. Normally flown at ~ FL200.