Sign in to follow this  
pinlifter

Thin Lines on Edge of Screen...Fixable?

I don't do a whole lot of night flying and never really noticed these thin lines on the left and upper edges until recently, although they could have been there for awhile. The line on the left runs maybe a 1/4 of the way down and the upper line runs nearly all the way across. Nothing at all on the right or bottom. My screen resolution is 1920x1080x32 and that's also what FSX runs at. All this is on an ASUS G74SX laptop. Although not a show stopper or something to ground my aircraft, I'm curious if any others have seen these before and what I might do (if anything) to fix it. Here's a screenie against a blue background so it's a little more visible. Thanks in advance.

747line.jpg

Chris Sunseri

I have that too... mostly noticeable at night when I pan with TrackIR and I pan over a really bright light... it seems to "stick" to the edge of the LED monitor...

I've got no idea what's causing it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Interesting Ryan, thanks. It happens regardless of what aircraft I'm flying. I use EZDok, but I don't think it has anything to do with it. It's barely noticeable, but it would be nice to get rid of it somehow.

Chris Sunseri

I have it as well. Drives me insane but nothing that can be done about it I dont think.

I've noticed this phenomenon in FSX and other games as well. It seems to be an artifact caused by AA...I think. Like my tinnitus, I've learned that if I ignore it is seems to go away.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Yes, this is annoying, but I have found on occasion that either changing to another view or doing a scenery (texture) refresh will cause these lines to disappear, but this sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

Ditto the dittos. I've got this as well. One thing I've noticed is that if I popup one of my RXP gauges and move to the edge, I'll sometimes leave edges from the gauges painted on that thin line. That's when it becomes REALLY annoying, as it becomes far more noticeable with those smatterings of white pixels stuck there.

Scott

Glad I'm not the only one that has the problem. I only really notice it along the top when looking around it will flicker. Switching between external and internal usually clears it up.

You might want to try pseudo full screen mode. I only recently discovered it in a post by "simmer250" but it works great for me and just might eliminate the edge problem you're having. The script can be found here:

http://www.autohotke...rs/page__st__15

And, the hotkey addon is available here:

http://www.autohotkey.com/

It works in windowed mode but pushes the sides and bottom two pixels outside the monitor and pushes the title bar off the top of the monitor.

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

It seems more like a screen refresh thing. It happens to me when closing the ATC (`) window or closing GPS (shift+3) and after switching screens (S) or views (A) but they get cleared after a few seconds or in the process of switching views. Is not major, just ignore them and before you know it they are gone later in the "flight".

Are you guys serious?

Be thankful you don't have CTD or another big problem. FSX will never be absolutely perfect. Every program has flaws

I have had this problem for at least 3 years in both FS9 and FSX. When flying in cockpit mode (2d panel). You can left click on your mouse (in the sky part) and drag the picture down a few centimeters, unfortunately, each time you change the view in Fsx it reverts back to normal whereas in FS9 it did not.

When I used to fly FS9 I did use a indelible pen and blocked out the top of the screen, this worked well until the ink faded.

Are you guys serious?

Be thankful you don't have CTD or another big problem. FSX will never be absolutely perfect. Every program has flaws

We're serious. Mind blowing I'm sure. I don't see anyone comparing this to a CTD.