Sign in to follow this  
6FingerSays

Guys, Flightbeam KPHX is a treasure.

You have a better system than mine, but I get no layering issues with UTX lights and Flightbeam KPHX

Well, there is at least one other that has confirmed the same issue, but as always with FS, it's never a cut and dry fix. I really like the lights as well which is why having to disable them is pretty disappointing. Having the ground textures peeled off of the PHX scenery one by one as I approach is a much bigger issue for me though. It seems I can't have the proverbial cake and eat it too.

- Aaron

I was close to buying it during the Black Friday offer, but I didn't...and I still regret it.

I was close to buying it during the Black Friday offer, but I didn't...and I still regret it.

]

I bought it the day that Cyber Monday ended! (no discount), and I don't regret it at all!

Let's hope they have an Xmas sale!

Let's see, so now there is

Gray Thursday

Black Friday

Small Business Saturday

Cyber Monday

Give Back Tuesday

Geeeze... howz 'bout "Gimmi a break Wednesday"! :P

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Geeeze... howz 'bout "Gimmi a break Wednesday"!

In that case we also need a Manic Monday and Terrific Tuesday sale as well, haha.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Frames were pretty good.. since it was not an issue.. I don't remember.

Frames are actually pretty hard. But I only expect that, the detail is tremendous.

You have a better system than mine, but I get no layering issues with UTX lights and Flightbeam KPHX

Scarlett you mentioned frames, are you not locked in at 30 FPS in your FSX settings? You should be getting decent frames/smoothness with your system especially if the .cfg is set properly and using NVInspector would be most beneficial.

Rule of thumb is to set your FPS to 1/2 your monitor refresh rate when set at its native resolution. My monitor is 1920x1080 @ 60Hz so my FPS is set at 30 FPS.

\Robert Hamlich/

Scarlett you mentioned frames, are you not locked in at 30 FPS in your FSX settings? You should be getting decent frames/smoothness with your system especially if the .cfg is set properly and using NVInspector would be most beneficial.

Rule of thumb is to set your FPS to 1/2 your monitor refresh rate when set at its native resolution. My monitor is 1920x1080 @ 60Hz so my FPS is set at 30 FPS.

Well, when I said that, my frames aren't really 'bad' per-say. I meant that as a comparison. Frames with the NGX at Flightbeam KPHX are about 27 at the gate day or night, compared to FSDT Klas, the airport is older, and less detailed. At KLAS with NGX I usually get about 33..ish.

When it comes to locking frames, I am strongly opposed to locking it, and don't think I ever will all the time. By removing budderpools in my .cfg, my frame jumping was eliminated, and I tend to get WAY better frames at heavy airports with frames unlimited, than if I set my frames to 30!

90% of the time, I am flying a very cpu and memory heavy aircraft, such as the NGX, at a complex airport. Through testing, when I locked my frames to 30, my frames dropped to 22 while at flightbeam KPHX with the NGX. Another test with frames unlimited showed 27 fps at the same exact gate, same weather, same head position. Because of such cpu heavy addons, the frames don't ever jump up more than 2 fps.

However, not always the case. I will occasionally limit my frames with light aircraft when flying VFR with Heavy weather. A-lot of cumulus clouds will cause my frames to jump from 30-60, so locking frames to 30-35 is appropriate.

The thing that bugs me the most is when new-comers come and ask for tweak advice, and the first thing they say is lock frames at 30. That's like telling a little kid with a huge room filled with toys that he can only play in 1/4 of the room. My frames are MUCH better, and smoother at unlimited. It's when you start adding unnecessary tweaks to the .cfg is when the frames start to jump.

What I've been using recently is the FPS Limiter in conjunction with setting frames in FSX to Unlimited. It seems to work well, buts it's been awhile since I last played. I used the below link to build my Config file. Seems to do the trick!

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Danny

FSX is a huge CPU hog so it makes sense that if one runs with their frames set to unlimited that more cycles would be put towards FSX. Interesting that your frames are more stable without the bufferpools tweak. I've had great success with DX10 although I still have some issues with textures not loading outside of daytime hours.

Anyhow, I am getting a little off topic here. What I forgot to mention earlier is that FlightBeam is a treat, I can't wait to see what they come out with next. I jumped on KPHX when it was released and I marvel at what they have done with it.

\Robert Hamlich/

Agree with everyone else - I got it on it's release. It's up there with the very best and I would encourage anyone who doesn't have it to break out the credit card.

There are some dev's that I buy from on day of release; FSDT, Flightbeam, Gary Summons and Fly Tampa. LatinVFR is quickly gaining that status as well.

PHX is brilliant and his next one, IAD will be as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

There are some dev's that I buy from on day of release; FSDT, Flightbeam, Gary Summons and Fly Tampa. LatinVFR is quickly gaining that status as well.

PHX is brilliant and his next one, IAD will be as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I wish they would do a scenery that hasn't really been tackled before. KPHX was a great choice. KIAD has been done by several developers.

One very big International Airport that is missing from having a decent job done is KMSP (Minneapolis St. Paul international)

I would personally love to see Salt Lake City International Airport done or Great Falls International Airport for that matter.

I would love to see someone do Moscow Domodedovo (UUDD), Tokyo Kansai (RJBB) and Incheon (RKSI). We need more airport sceneries in Asia, we've only had a smattering of airport's produced outside of NA, Europe and Oceania and it would be nice for the rest of the globe to get a chance at being represented in FSX.

\Robert Hamlich/