Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Megascenery Earth V2.....a question.

I seem to be having a problem with New York 001 (download) ... it downloads fine, but when I unzip it (7-zip) I get a CRC error ... the file does extract but the CRC has me concerned. Seems to be only with New York 001, the other New York files are fine.

Anyone else have a problem with New York 001?

Hi,

A lot of the states are being re-uploaded to the server at present to incorporate the new FAA charts package additions.... Perhaps you were downloading at the time the NY one was being switched over? Try downloading it again and see if you get a complete working file.

v2 may indeed be very good, but considering how much the entire state of CA was in v1, to give no discount at all is, IMO, bang out of order, to the point of being greedy.

MSE v1 and MSE 2.0 are developed by different developers. This is the reason why no discount is offered in this case. The MSE 2.0 developer would lose out. The MSE 1 developer has since left the FS scene :(

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Guest Raul_Hernandez

Kinda like the United Kingdom. Kingdom, really now! How about United Islands.

Ray

Huh? ..... You lost me there ....... how can the UK not be a kingdom just because it's islands?...... It is called the United 'Kingdom' because it's a constitutional monarchy......

Back On Topic: I am very tempted to try out this MegaScenery Earth 2.0, and I am not bothered about lack of autogen, nor single season textures ........ what I am bothered about is those awful screenshots on Page 1 of this thread, showing the dreadful 'border' between states!! ....... Is it really like that? ....... I would envisage flying across state borders regularly and would not like to fly across such a 'broken' representation of state boundaries.

Huh? ..... You lost me there ....... how can the UK not be a kingdom just because it's islands?...... It is called the United 'Kingdom' because it's a constitutional monarchy......

Back On Topic: I am very tempted to try out this MegaScenery Earth 2.0, and I am not bothered about lack of autogen, nor single season textures ........ what I am bothered about is those awful screenshots on Page 1 of this thread, showing the dreadful 'border' between states!! ....... Is it really like that? ....... I would envisage flying across state borders regularly and would not like to fly across such a 'broken' representation of state boundaries.

Don't worry it is not like that. There may be some colour differences from one state to another (as in google earth) or in some cases state boudaries which don't fit perfectly but it is not an issue.

Guest Raul_Hernandez

Don't worry it is not like that. There may be some colour differences from one state to another (as in google earth) or in some cases state boudaries which don't fit perfectly but it is not an issue.

Thanks.

I've been chatting with Raymar by PM about this too, and he's been a great help, offering to check any borders before I buy.

As home (OR) is not available yet, think I'll go for NY first.....

one question on NY; in the screenshot on the PCAviator website, there are buildings in downtown manhattan.... they look great, but I thought there was no autogen.... are these buildings hand placed objects, and are the definitely in the product, as I don't think I cuold fly over a flat manhattan! :smile:

one question on NY; in the screenshot on the PCAviator website, there are buildings in downtown manhattan.... they look great, but I thought there was no autogen.... are these buildings hand placed objects, and are the definitely in the product, as I don't think I cuold fly over a flat manhattan!

I have not gone and looked at the website but I bet those are the default objects that MS placed. These are objects that are "hand placed" and not tied to any specific bgl or scenery file. They will show whether using photoreal or not. So, yes, they will be there in the V2 product.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Guest Raul_Hernandez

Ok, thanks for that Kevin.

Yes any objects placed by Microsoft which are not tied into the Autogen system will show through the MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 textures.... So most city area buildings will be visible, as are most major buildings at airports, and TV/Radio antennas and any custom buildings Microsoft added by hand (like power stations, silos etc etc).

Dean

Yes any objects placed by Microsoft which are not tied into the Autogen system will show through the MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 textures.... So most city area buildings will be visible, as are most major buildings at airports, and TV/Radio antennas and any custom buildings Microsoft added by hand (like power stations, silos etc etc).

That is provided you have the slider at least to the level the object uses for display. If the slider is full left on Very Sparse or even Sparse the objects will not show. Some will show with a Normal setting and almost all of them show with the Dense setting. I use Extremely Dense all the time and get anything out there.

Options/Settings/Display/Scenery/ Top RIght slider - Scenery Objects/Scenery Complexity

See screenshots.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I was just flying around in SC at Myrtle Beach and saw that there are some lights. So, although it's sparse, there is some night to this scenery. I have to say that the scenery is quite nice.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Yes, you will have the normal night lighting that is in the default scenery. It just might not line up properly with the stuff that has been added since 2006 and the stuff that is now located correctly.

Somebody in Texas says GEX works great with the photoscenery at adds really good night lighting and car traffic with lights, etc.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

That is provided you have the slider at least to the level the object uses for display. If the slider is full left on Very Sparse or even Sparse the objects will not show. Some will show with a Normal setting and almost all of them show with the Dense setting. I use Extremely Dense all the time and get anything out there.

Options/Settings/Display/Scenery/ Top RIght slider - Scenery Objects/Scenery Complexity

See screenshots.

Ray

Ray,

Yes, you are 100% correct there. I didnt elaborate enough to include that info, sorry folks!

Dean