Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

I Have 2 mention This Again!

"NIGHT TIME FLIGHTS" in XP10 are freaking, fracking SPECTACULAR! :good: with HDR on or off. XP10 is really improving and with payware planes that look incredible inside/out. We are in for a treat in 2013 and beyond, that is if we survive past Dec 21 :lol:

I think 10.20 will go final before Christmas as a gift by Austin and the DEVS

Is that like Santa and the Elves............

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Is that like Santa and the Elves............

I hope so, unless Austin turns into The Grinch :lol:

I dont know why I just cant grasp onto XP10. I've tried the demo more than a few times thinking I just needed to get used to it but I cant. As frustrated as I am with FSX it still feels like home to me. It's a rocky relationship I admit ( last nights CTD 4 hours into a long haul flight is just part of our long relationship). I really want to like XP I really do. That's why I keep trying it out but I'm just not feeling it. Maybe if I just break down and buy it and pick up a few of the new cool add on's I'll grow into it.

I was the same way this time last year. I tried the demo several times and it just didnt draw me in.

Then I broke down and bought it, along with a payware plane (carenado) just to get my feet wet. After a few days, I was hooked. I still play FSX from time to time, but majority is with XP10. That was way before 64 bit and the new Autogen stuff. Its a lot better now, then back in Feb when I first got into it. Now fast forward 10 months and $600 worth of addons and countless freeware stuff, and Im still enjoying it. X-plane has to grow on you. Give it a chance.

Rob

I dont know why I just cant grasp onto XP10. I've tried the demo more than a few times thinking I just needed to get used to it but I cant. As frustrated as I am with FSX it still feels like home to me. It's a rocky relationship I admit ( last nights CTD 4 hours into a long haul flight is just part of our long relationship). I really want to like XP I really do. That's why I keep trying it out but I'm just not feeling it. Maybe if I just break down and buy it and pick up a few of the new cool add on's I'll grow into it.

time to cheat on fsx with a 1 night stand from Mrs XP10 :lol: try the full version with a payware plane and some scenery addons.

Your right, there is no doubt about it, that XP10's night lighting is phenomenal in any sim, except for one area, and it's visible in the very first scene in this video. That's the visibility of taxi lights on approach. It seems in the recent releases, they have tried to tone it down a bit, but it's still there. It does take away from what is otherwise very detailed and accurate lighting effects.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

"NIGHT TIME FLIGHTS" in XP10 are freaking, fracking SPECTACULAR! :good: with HDR on or off. XP10 is really improving and with payware planes that look incredible inside/out. We are in for a treat in 2013 and beyond, that is if we survive past Dec 21 :lol:

Aw, man... I read that last part like a matter of fact statement, but then I saw the 'I think' - part. I would not get my hopes up for that.

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Great videos!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Again the red-bloodbath (and strobes actually) reflections on the engines and winglets spoil this otherwise phenomenal night effects...

Has anyone at LM seen these anti-collision effects in the real world and not noticed the disconnect?

On the 747, the winglets are about 30m from the beacons. You cannot have such a reflection unless we have a red lighthouse nearby..

Has anyone at LM seen these anti-collision effects in the real world and not noticed the disconnect?

Um, that should be LR (Laminar Research) not LM (Lockheed-Martin)... :wacko:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Again the red-bloodbath (and strobes actually) reflections on the engines and winglets spoil this otherwise phenomenal night effects...

On the 747, the winglets are about 30m from the beacons. You cannot have such a reflection unless we have a red lighthouse nearby..

Yeah - this video seems to be overdoing the red light, but as an X-Plane 10 user I can say that in the sim it is nowhere near this intense. As youtube doesn't manage dark images terribly well, I wouldn't be surprised if the contrast and brightness have been adjusted by the uploader so the night detail can be seen. I've never found a youtube video that really portrays the night lighting as good as it does when you're actually simming.

Danny Hicks