Sign in to follow this  
Adam106

Possible addition for next update?

Sorry Bryan, I was referring to the green 'Minimums' display on the Attitude Indicator, the one thats set by the MINS selector on the EFIS panel. If you don't have one of those super quick mouse wheels (which I don't), try turning the EFIS MINS selector up to 7100 ft and I think you will see what I mean.

Regards Glen

Glen

Sorry Bryan, I was referring to the green 'Minimums' display on the Attitude Indicator, the one thats set by the MINS selector on the EFIS panel. If you don't have one of those super quick mouse wheels (which I don't), try turning the EFIS MINS selector up to 7100 ft and I think you will see what I mean.

Regards Glen

ryan has mentioned that the knob you adjust the min is wrong as its is now in the real ng you hold the knob left or right and hold it and it changes but in the ngx you have to keep turning it. Ryan said it going to be fixed in the next sp thats coming out soon

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I just looked at the code.

He should only call "positive rate" when the climb rate is greater than 100 fpm.

You're positive you were climbing?

Other request I can add easily.

I was definately still descending at about 700 fpm when the FO calls positive rate - this is on about 2 go-arounds, I haven't yet tested any more...

One extra thing you could add if you like - a 'VNAV ALT' fma verification call. Currently we have all the other vnav calls but not this one.

ooh...one more...when you've pre-armed LNAV AND VNAV for takeoff, the FO calls 'LNAV' and 'VNAV' at 400' LNAV actually engages at 50'. Could you make him call LNAV at 50' and VNAV at 400'. Or will this get in the way of 'postive rate' call?

With the current UK voice set - Shutdown Checklist - the FO will call 'hydraulic panels' plural, rather then 'hydrualic panel'. A little one but grating.

ryan has mentioned that the knob you adjust the min is wrong as its is now in the real ng you hold the knob left or right and hold it and it changes but in the ngx you have to keep turning it. Ryan said it going to be fixed in the next sp thats coming out soon

Yes I read that too, but I still think it would be useful to have this implemented and just just say "Baro 7100" When you reach a certain age like me its very easy to forget to set the DA in the Att Ind, by the time you are hand flying the aircraft and realise your error asking the FO to set it would be very helpful.

Like a lot of the features in this great addon you don't have to use if you don't want to, but it would be nice to have it available if needed.

Glen

Glen

I was definately still descending at about 700 fpm when the FO calls positive rate - this is on about 2 go-arounds, I haven't yet tested any more...

One extra thing you could add if you like - a 'VNAV ALT' fma verification call. Currently we have all the other vnav calls but not this one.

ooh...one more...when you've pre-armed LNAV AND VNAV for takeoff, the FO calls 'LNAV' and 'VNAV' at 400' LNAV actually engages at 50'. Could you make him call LNAV at 50' and VNAV at 400'. Or will this get in the way of 'postive rate' call?

With the current UK voice set - Shutdown Checklist - the FO will call 'hydraulic panels' plural, rather then 'hydrualic panel'. A little one but grating.

1. Go around "positive rate" call.... I tried to reproduce your issue and it worked for me. Anyone else?

2. LNAV and VNAV call a 400 feet is technically correct when pre-armed. Damien, our 737 consultant, flies this plane probably 80 hours a month, and says that's the way it is B)

3. I'll see if I can edit that Hydraulic panel sound in the UK voice set to remove the 's'.

EDIT... just removed that extra 'S'... it's all good now.

Those two will have to come later... yes, Emergency NGX is 'that' close :-)

As for more random dialogues, perhaps in the 777.

What I really need as mentioned is a text to voice generator that actually sounds human; right now the best 3rd party voices sound grating after listening to them for more than 3 minutes (in my view). And I've heard they don't work on 64 bit machines, which is what most FS users have.

I think you, I and everyone else agree that human voices are what we want.

I'm just suggesting that you record a couple of extra fa responses. Ideally you could do the same with a couple of the fo phrases and randomise it. Happy to wait for the 777 for all that :)

Another thought - what about a button in config to skip to the state the ngx defaults on? I find most flights i dont do cold and dark, im happy with engines on and i just flick through the fs2crew to the bit after the second engine start ie. set flaps - and take it from there. That's 70% of my flying. (Im using button control, btw. Just in a button mood rather than voice atm).

Anyway, just some theoretical suggestions. Actually, everyone should stop posting crazy ideas as bryan needs to finish that last bit of code...

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."