Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

Traffic 360 quality

Is anybody else having poor textures with the AI. I was parked at a ga ramp and a citation was parked next to me and it was just a blur. My settings are full global textures. I don't see an option to install higher quality like so programs give the option to install high or low textures for those with different systems. I had traffic X and it had much better texture quality. Even the planes fuselage looks very basic. I know it's not suppose to be like a add on quality because if the memory it would take up. But this looks close to fs 2004 quality or lower. Any suggestions?

Josh Scholl

I get that at times, ABH, but it depends on the aircraft depicted. I'm hoping for a patch or two as my biggest beef is the piggybacked flights, eg., two 7XX's with the same call-sign/same air service trying to land at the same time, metres away from each other. Also finding a lot of regional services appearing that are highly suspect to me in the area I fly in (e.g Air Berlin, Luftansa, and some others appearing as local carriers in Hawaii) but that could just be my set-up of the rather unintuitive set-up display.

My biggest problem with Traffic 360 is with ATC. American flt. 356 is just "356". I went into the cfg. file and changed all the MERICAN to AMERICAN, and "ui_variation=Airline" to "ui_variation=American Airlines". So that fixed the problem with American Airlines. But there are many other Airlines not being used by atc due to missing "atc_airline=" names. I am currently going through many of the cfg.files trying to fix much of the missing information, but why should I have to do this? This was the same problem with Traffic X. Plus, all the aircraft are the same [airplane_geometry] in the cfg.files. Same wing span, same weight! B737-800_g1, wing_span=94.75 //Feet. B747-400_g1, wing_span=94.75 //Feet. Why? Boeing says the B738 has a wings 112.58 ft. the B744's wing span is 211.50 ft. The "atc_parking_types=GATE". What size gate? HEAVY, SMALL, and Cargo should be RAMP_CARGO. So the AI in FSX can assign which gate the aircraft should use. Also the in air Alt. assingments sometime seems to be off. I'm on a heading of 220 @ FL240. A C-130 flys over my head at FL250 on a heading of 270, and he never changed his altitude. We should be at even # altitudes. I had switched from Traffic X to UT2, but they had 3 A/C in tandem, maybe 500' between them coming at me at the same altitudes. UT2 seemed to fly every ai A/C at the same heights. So when Traffic 360 came out, I thought I'll try it, but the same problems as Traffic X! These programs aren't cheap, but the product is.

I was looking for an improvement on the My Traffic 5.3 that I had used for years. The claims made by Just Flight for Traffic 360 sounded like just that, but after running it for a month I'm ready to go back to MYT or try something else. Traffic 360 is junk. On the forum, the response to the doubled-up AI is "oh that's just at startup, wait ten minutes and it will go away". I see this problem almost every time I fly and that excuse doesn't cut it. The UI is abysmal, not even a link to the forum or a way to check for patches/upgrades etc.

Just installed update 1.09 and ATC is still calling certain aircraft by just their number. UT2 never had this issue.

Traffic360 was one of the worst FSX purchases I ever made...Period.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor