Sign in to follow this  
rspring94

YouTube users hate me - what to do?

Ignore the hate, brother. Psychology 101 says that the strongest of criticism is an overcompensation for ones insecurities. We do not all have the money or time to invest in a new PC build. Do it for fun, and ignore the nay-sayers.

Youtube is filled with losers that have nothing better to do than put down other people's hobbies. BUT, don't beg for comments like you did in the first four comments of the video, and try to let other people comment by themselves.

You could, for instance, learn from Jon5700. He makes videos exciting, dynamic and dramatic. Try filming a takeoff, for example, on a short runway such as St. Maarten, but at night with some winds and rain pounding your aircraft. Try to make people stick to the video, thinking "What happens next? Oh wow, this looks like a tough approach! WOW! What a smooth landing!" So just build the confidence and skill, and also, be sure to upload in HD 1080P. Youtubers are attracted to HD videos like moths and lights. :lol:

Good luck.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

There is something wrong with the window wiper in the first video It doesn't remove the rain, better get that fixed :P hehe

Great videos Mr Leny.

hehehe pretty heavy rain lol

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

You have to understand something , no matter how good your videos are someone will also come out of the blue an give you a dislike to your video . I don't know why but that is just how it is with youtube. Take a look at these video to me they look pretty good but someone always have to dislike it. To my understanding no matter how good you do a video or the effort you put into it not everyone is going to like it . You will always find someone to dislike it

Nothing strange about that. We all like different things. I will admit that those vids looks great and obviously have had a lot of work put into them, but if forced to choose I'd click the "thumbs down"-button because they do nothing for me whatsoever. Out of politeness I normally choose not to state an opinion at all though since I don't much care for airliners and wing view and know that flight sim vids normally bore me to death.

That said if I was very interested in airliners and wing view, and found a channel on youtube called "High quality FSX videos" and then saw the video the OP posted my comments probably wouldn't be kind either. It's nowhere near what we would call "high quality" today.

One more thing. Those videos by guitargamery did get a few dislikes, yes, but the vast majority were positive. On the other hand two out of three from the same audience disliked the OP's video so maybe he (and others here) should take that as a sign that he's doing something wrong rather than assuming 67% of the viewers are compensating for their insecurity.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Nothing strange about that. We all like different things. I will admit that those vids looks great and obviously have had a lot of work put into them, but if forced to choose I'd click the "thumbs down"-button because they do nothing for me whatsoever. Out of politeness I normally choose not to state an opinion at all though since I don't much care for airliners and wing view and know that flight sim vids normally bore me to death.

That said if I was very interested in airliners and wing view, and found a channel on youtube called "High quality FSX videos" and then saw the video the OP posted my comments probably wouldn't be kind either. It's nowhere near what we would call "high quality" today.

One more thing. Those videos by guitargamery did get a few dislikes, yes, but the vast majority were positive. On the other hand two out of three from the same audience disliked the OP's video so maybe he (and others here) should take that as a sign that he's doing something wrong rather than assuming 67% of the viewers are compensating for their insecurity.

Yes i understand your point an respect it to . But you have to admit they are several people in youtube that dislike your video just because your system looks way better than theirs. That is what happening on guitargamery channel . Also they seem like they hate him every time he posted some good HD Video or when he upgrade to a very expensive GPU. Am going to be honest from what i saw in his videos is what got me to build a similar Desktop. But getting back to the topic , i think the OP should just ignore those bad comments an like when they are making you feel bad by using upseen language . An like others said some bad comments help you improve in making better FSX HD Video. Just choose your words carefully when uploading the video . Because if you post Really HD Video , you know that many FSX youtubersss like HD Videos so they expect to see that. Try rending good the quality in program like SONY VEGAS or Adobe After Effect CS5. They have pretty good tutorial on youtube that can really improve your skills an make FSX look like a film .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Yes i understand your point an respect it to . But you have to admit they are several people in youtube that dislike your video just because your system looks way better than theirs. That is what happening on guitargamery channel . Also they seem like they hate him every time he posted some good HD Video or when he upgrade to a very expensive GPU. Am going to be honest from what i saw in his videos is what got me to build a similar Desktop.

Well, he do come across to me as someone who like to brag about his stuff and I have yet to meet anyone who actually likes such people, so I'm not surprised he gets the occasional thumbs down.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Another thing that will HUGELY amplify the dislikes and abuse is you ranting at others and swearing like a pikey... (British for Trailer trash)

I have some RC vids I put up on youtube just over a year ago I think, and to date, not 1 single hate comment or abuse...

I didn't beg anybody for feedback, demand comments or anything at all, I simply turned to the camera and shared what I had learned..

I do welcome comments and feedback, as most do, and at first I was really disappointed at the lack of any feedback, but soon figured out that that was not such a bad thing after all.

Heck I watch and bookmark lots of FSX vids, and RC vids to watch later, or several times over without commenting..

Heck my very first video was dire, I had flu at the time of filming it too, sounded and looked dreadful, yet still nothing bad, no abuse, no negative comments.

I'm no expert, not by a longgggg shot, but what the RC hobby taught me is, there are a lot of folk who want to hear you, who want to listen, and some may even stretch to a simple thanks (The like button or thumbs up) and there are those who want to know more, thus will ask or post a comment, but you cant force it..

The less comments you get, then maybe the better the vid is, as in "You gave people the answers they wanted during the video"

Just like all those vids that show people how to build an RC jet or how to get mega nice looking FSX weather... The ones who list all their add-ons in the description get less comments because they tell you what you would have asked anyway, although there always dumb-asses who don't even read the description, even when it says in the intro (Add-ons listed in the description")

I've had maybe less than a dozen comments per-vid (About 70 of them now) but always polite, some cheeky ones, but I always reply politely and cheeky too if need be, as you never now when you might make a friend, but the language you use on YouTube, I find distasteful, and disgraceful from an adult these days. It really does stink of "toys out of the pram" syndrome mate...

A piece of advice...

Delete all the negative comments, and your replies, ALL OF THEM, take a deep breath, then ask yourself, "What do I want my viewer to know from this" the next time you make a vid...

If you get any troll comments, just delete it and move on, because its like a snowball, the more negative comments a vid gets, the more hate it attracts, and life is jut toooo damn short for that.

Edited by RCITGuy

This topic would work best in our Video Forum! This is the reason why I'm moving it to that location. Thanks.

Best regards,

Jim

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Aviation and Flight Sim Video Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have started over with a new YouTube account

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

QF147: SYD-AKL (ZK-ZQG)

27-5-2018

EK413: CHC-SYD (A6-EUI)

Hi,

I am very upset at the moment because last year I uploaded an FSX video to YouTube, and pretty much overnight I have received about 20 comments all about my crap system and FPS, as well as some people who are just so and so's, who said things that I cannot repeat. So, my question is, what can I do to improve my videos? My YouTube name is FSXPilot1234.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monetize your vids, then it doesn't matter which troll looks at them, it's all profit.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!