Sign in to follow this  
rspring94

YouTube users hate me - what to do?

Hi,

I am very upset at the moment because last year I uploaded an FSX video to YouTube, and pretty much overnight I have received about 20 comments all about my crap system and FPS, as well as some people who are just so and so's, who said things that I cannot repeat. So, my question is, what can I do to improve my videos? My YouTube name is FSXPilot1234.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

QF147: SYD-AKL (ZK-ZQG)

27-5-2018

EK413: CHC-SYD (A6-EUI)

Do not forcefully persuade viewers into commenting on your videos. They will comment naturally if they feel like it or if there is a reason to do so. Some people may find it annoying that you beg for comments, and, from seeing your desperateness, may take advantage of you and overly criticize your videos. I suggest that you disable commenting if you feel that the comments you receive are not beneficial or constructive to you and your other viewers. The best way is to improve your aviation skills and videos and prove them wrong!

The first thing I would do is ignore the bad comments. Without seeing your videos, I do not know if you were sharing them to educate or entertain, but whatever the motive, the sharing likely came from your love of the hobby. Concentrate on that, not the people who love to complain because that is their way in life.

Next thing to think about is this. If you are happy with your sim experience, who are they to deflate you in that happiness? Forget sending out videos that make people complain, enjoy your sim and experience your own happiness.

- regards,

Kenneth

Don't get emotional about anonymous comments on social media sites...

As for videos, they get improved by studying the art of video creation, practicing that art and having a real talent for it.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Go jump off a bridge mate you've had it.

Just kidding! =P

Seriously if it were me I'd just disable the comments altogether. YouTube is a prime feeding ground for trolls and other miscreants.

Yes I will disable the comments next time, but I will take a break from making videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

QF147: SYD-AKL (ZK-ZQG)

27-5-2018

EK413: CHC-SYD (A6-EUI)

When you find the time, perhaps look at the constructive contents of the posts. Do some of them offer tips or are they just complaining? You can't learn much from the latter, but the first one may be a good starting point.

As others have said, Youtube gives you a huge audience and some of those folks suffer from the 'a rude post is better than no post' syndrome or just follow bad examples. I wouldn't care much for them or even count their numbers. Attention should go to the friendly and constructive folks. :smile:

And remember, every good artist started out as a newbie and made mistakes. The bad ones would be those folks getting stuck at that level.

Do you have any favourite channels on Youtube? Ask yourself what you like about their style of videos. And what not. Then perhaps expand those character traits or add new ones.

For the recording, I saw quite some folks filming their monitor instead of using software. Helps the framerates.

Ryan:

Take this from a Professional Video Editor and Sound Engineer with over 30 years of experience with documentaries, Commercial Television Sitcoms, Video production and Post-production. You are been bullied by one Moron! with a foul mouth. I went saw your video and read his comments.

You have common sense , you need some guidance and rules. Also be creative.

1. If your system can't provide smooth frames, lower the speed of OPERATION OF THE SIM, Playback slower then you can speed it up normaly.

2. Rules of engagement:

a. start with a establishing shot...The wide shot that describes what you want to express or show.

b. From there you can go to cuts to closer, to inside views, to over heads etc.

c. Don't use the sound of switching windows... record what we call NAT sound...(Natural)... record a couple of minutes of the exterior engines...this is the sound you will use, at different levels, high outside and the same "color" of sound at lower settings

for far away views. You control the sound.

d. Please, your favorite rock guitarrist is forbidden for background music :)

e. NO I repeat, NO 20 minutes of WINGS views of flight that doesn't say anything like everybody does... thats what the cuts and disolves are for... in a video YOU want to show something...tell a story, looking for 7 minutes at a wing view doesn't do that.

Practice, watch, watch and watch... before you watch a TV show in your house, I have watch it over 10 times, cleaning, sweetening the sound, mixing it etc...

Be creative, then upload it.

Chemanuel

For the recording, I saw quite some folks filming their monitor instead of using software. Helps the framerates.

1. If your system can't provide smooth frames, lower the speed of OPERATION OF THE SIM, Playback slower then you can speed it up normaly.

Instead of the options listed above, you may want to consider trying the latest FS Recorder alpha version. You may be familiar with recording with FS Recorder, but this latest version can render videos at most specified frame rates. Basically, you pick when you want to start rendering a clip, specify the texture loading and video format options, and the program begins rendering an extremely smooth video. You can then export the rendered video into a movie maker. The following is a product of the rendering feature:

I'd be willing to help you by giving you some pointers if you'd like. I had started making videos a few years back but stopped because of school. I'd been using FS9 at that time but they're the same techniques that can be used in FSX.

First off, for video recording, I suggest using FSRecorder to capture and render your flights (You need to download the alpha build from their forum. I'm using 2.17a). Using FSRecorder will give you a smooth rendered video (Think Jon5700) at any frame rate you set, so no need to worry about low fps recordings since it doesn't do it in real time (More info on their site here).Sadly that only captures the video but not the sound, so use FRAPS to capture the audio of the same flight or use real sounds from other videos.

Adding to what Chamanuel says, users want interesting videos, so be creative. Try shots from different angles and transition them interestingly (I personally hate the dissolve effect xD).

You can edit videos using Sony Vegas or After Effects (I use both) and you can check out NewblueFX for some great plugins. And that's pretty much some of my techniques. I could go on about colour effects, colour correction, transitions and audio editing but you would probably be lost in all of that.

Here's my channel (Lol my videos are old). Feel free to send me PMs and I'd help you if you like.

Sadly that only captures the video but not the sound, so use FRAPS to capture the audio of the same flight or use real sounds from other videos.

Good point—I forgot about that limitation.

I could go on about colour effects, colour correction and audio editing but you would probably be lost in all of that.

There are some tools that enhance the colors of FSX in-game, such as ENB series, Mogwaisoft Shade, and (I believe) SweetFX. If you do choose to enhance the colors and tones of your videos, be careful not to over-saturate them. While color correction can greatly enhance the videos (seen in the films of good filmmakers), it can ruin a video if used incorrectly.

Good use of color correction:

Somewhat inappropriate use of color correction:

The problem with comments posted about your Youtube video, is you never know who it is posting at the other end. If you did, you would not worry about what they "Think" or what they "Type".

13778834-monkey-cartoon-with-computer.jpg

The pot calling the kettle black !

One thing I've wondered is what to use to get a smooth pan/dolly of camera? I don't really like the default tracking cameras, at least not too much.

scott s.

I AM SO F***ING SICK OF ALL THE NEGATIVITY ON THIS CHANNEL, I HAVE ASKED HOW TO IMPROVE, AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS CRITICIZE.

Due to the number of negative comments on my other video, I have deleted it.

if anyone wants to make a negative comment, you can just f*** off

Seem to me like you need to work on your attitude as much as your videos. Stooping to the same level as the haters rarely has the desired effect.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

You should have changed the name of your channel from "High Quality FSX Videos" too "Newb trying to make High quality FSX videos with crappy default graphics and shi'*ty performance".

Sorry for being rough but your channel is false advertising, no wonder you get so many bad comments.

Improving your videos, getting better hardware and some quality addons maybe would help alot...I tried wathing your video but 2 seconds into it I turned it off because it looked bad, and lagged alot wasn't very intresting at all... Maybe this video would have been intresting back in 2006..