Sign in to follow this  
Marcan

Question from a newbie re speed and altitude

I just bought and installed PMDG B737 NGX. I already have the B747 which I have no problem with. I read the tutorial #1 and followed the instructions to the letter many times doing the flight EGKK - EHAM. I also tried a flight using the same instruction CYYZ-CYOW. My FMC is programmed as per the tutorial and the screens of my FMC are exactly as per the tutorial. When I take off, the plane climbs to about 3500 ft slowing down dangerously close to stall and gain speed to about 190kts and stays there.

What did I do or not done to cause that problem? Anyone can help please? I spent the last 2 days trying, searching and just cannot pin point the problem

Marcel.

Are you setting the altitude higher on the MCP? Might have to hit the button to the right of the knob as well. Only thing I can think of.

A climb/speed restraint on the SID for CYYZ perhaps?

jeff ps is the sid for for a jet and not a turboprop?

jeff

What weights are you using? Taking off with full fuel and a heap of passengers is going to get you nowhere fast. Additionally, I'd recommend flying tutorial 2 before going off on your own. It goes into the more autopilot modes and what you use when. It should have you sorted.

I honestly believe it has something to do with you not setting up the aircraft or autopilot properly. Try tutorial two and see how your own flights go after that. If you're still having trouble, try to get a screenshot (FSX's built in key is the 'v' key).

Kyle Rodgers

best you can do is give us screenshots in climbout and then at the point where the plane can not accelerate past 190kts...

Hello Marcel,

I am not sure if it is the same problem I had a few week ago!

I had a climb and speed problem to.

Do you use FSUICP ?

Delete the FSUICP ini file and you while be fine!

That did the trick for me!

Regards Robert

Thank you Robert. That was the problem. Now the bird is flying just fine. However, I don't know how I will fly my Wilco Airbus series. I cannot calibrate the throttle of a Wilco and Feelthere airbus with the FSX controls enabled.

Thanks again.

I believe deleting the INI file is a way to kill a corrupted file. FSUIPC just rebuilds it similar to the way the FSX.cfg is rebuilt.

Kyle Rodgers