Sign in to follow this  
psolk

We are all OK!

Epic troll by the ancient Mayans, eh?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

At the risk of starting a flame war among other things, I think that it is extremely important that we all remember not to forget what the Word says about the end of the world:

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Matthew 24:36

If you will, do read what the entire chapter says about the end and measure that with what has already taken place in our history. The fact that we are still here after the midnight Mayan deadline confirms that we cannot listen to the media hype and rumors.

So are we ok? Yes most definitely. And im almost certain that we'll all be ringing in Christmas and the new year as we normally do. This, however, does not escape the fact that we have to be ready and that we cannot allow anything n anyone to mislead us.

**drops mic and walks away**

Gideon W

Has anyone consulted Douglas Adams about this Mayan question?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/yes-the-answer-to-the-universe-really-is-42-1351201.html

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Yup here too. -40 with the wind

Sorry to hear about that. I just bought a new barbecue this morning to do my yearly Christmas on the Beach with it. Got a freezer full of meat to cook up this year.

Christmas in New Zealand is the official launch of summer :P

Matthew Kane

Sorry to hear about that. I just bought a new barbecue this morning to do my yearly Christmas on the Beach with it. Got a freezer full of meat to cook up this year.

Go ahead rub it in lol

I remember my first Florida Christmas. 80 degrees at the beach was a strange sensation. Enjoy the BBQ!

I remember my first Florida Christmas. 80 degrees at the beach was a strange sensation. Enjoy the BBQ!

Thanks Randy, You have a good one as well... Cheers :drinks:

Matthew Kane

One thing we should all know by now... that release dates (in this case the end of the world) are always delayed due to some unforeseen reason and therefore late, so don't relax just yet :P.

Enjoy... and we're not envious one bit... ok, yes we are.. well I am anyway :smile:.

Have a good Christmas to everyone that survived the "end".

i agree Marith. and when they do release the end of the world there will be at least 3 service packs before they get it right so we're good to go for another 6 months to 2 years at least.

This is what I remember about -40 degrees:

I bet this would work today.... <_<

Anyway happy holiday's everyone. Have a safe new year

Lee

102 predicted here for the next three days...but that's actually cooler than usual.

Not expecting a white Christmas in the Pilbara...

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Alright, the thing about the Mayans, they were once a dynasty culture that was once filled with scholars, those scholars wrote those calendars to a certain point, they had a timeline to continue with their work. the reason why they were prevented from continuing with that work was because of the Conquistador's.

There was never any reason to believe the end of the world was going to end because their last calendar ended at that point, the reason why their last calendar ended at that point was because the Conquistador's prevented that from ever happening ever again.

Watch out what happens when you meddle with other cultures, because the damage can last for centuries.

Matthew Kane