Sign in to follow this  
AtlanticAviator

Airsimmer A320 - To Buy or Not to Buy?

Hi Everyone,

I am considering purchasing the Airsimmer A320 but I want to know what you guys think first. The reviews on the Internet are from 2-3 years ago, Therefore aren't up to date and of course planes get updated regularly. So as of now could someone who has the most updated version of the Airsimmer A320 tell me what they think and If it is worth purchasing or not, I am aware of Airbus X but I'm not interested in FSX for the moment, Thanks!

Kriss

Hi Kriss

I do not have the Airsimmer A320 but I can tell you that you are going to hear a lot of very negative things about it. But one of the most respected members of the sim community swears by it and if you can get hold of him and he offers to help you work through the problems that some people have had in getting it to run properly, you should give it serious consideration. His name is Rafal and he lives in Poland. He is a wonderful person and really knows what he's talking about. If you really do want an A320 then from all I have heard, the Airsimmer version is the best there is - especially the VC which I have seen screenshots of. But like I say - a lot of people have had bad experiences so you will want to be sure you have someone you can turn to who can help you get it to run properly. Rafal is the man!!

Cheers

Ian

Hi Kriss

I do not have the Airsimmer A320 but I can tell you that you are going to hear a lot of very negative things about it. But one of the most respected members of the sim community swears by it and if you can get hold of him and he offers to help you work through the problems that some people have had in getting it to run properly, you should give it serious consideration. His name is Rafal and he lives in Poland. He is a wonderful person and really knows what he's talking about. If you really do want an A320 then from all I have heard, the Airsimmer version is the best there is - especially the VC which I have seen screenshots of. But like I say - a lot of people have had bad experiences so you will want to be sure you have someone you can turn to who can help you get it to run properly. Rafal is the man!!

Cheers

Ian

Cheers Ian! I'll see if I can get in contact with him! Thanks!

Kriss

Just Email Flight1 and check on the 30 day no-hassle refund policy before you purchase. If the refund policy is still there you can get a full refund within 30 days if you don't like it.

Just Email Flight1 and check on the 30 day no-hassle refund policy before you purchase. If the refund policy is still there you can get a full refund within 30 days if you don't like it.

Of course it is still there.

Zicheng Cai

What's a guy with your handle thinking about buying a stinking Airbus. :lol:

Ian has said it right.

I am a first day purchaser of the AirSimmer and, like Rafal at least last time I checked, am currently running the Basic version, the only one on sale. Updated to V1.4 via the TabletPC. Many good quality liveries are available, both 'official' and through the popular download libraries. I am a returnee having been distracted by 777, 767, 757, 747 and the iFly 737 series, not to mention the Embraers and the MD11.

It does take a different mindset and my aging one doesn't respond as adroitly as before. I am sure you will do just fine. As Cai and Avantime have said above Flight1 do offer a 30 day refund so you have nothing to lose apart from a few sleepless nights.

One gripe ... NavDataPro do not support AirSimmer in their database, whilst Navigraph continue to do so.

In closing some see the AirSimmer to be an 'old' product. It may be, but it is not bettered.

I tried Airsimmer twice. It's a beatiful model with great sounds and lots if bugs that have yet to be fixed. You pay over $50 USD for a product that is essentially not finished and likely will never be. Sure, there ate workarounds for the many bugs, but I don't want workarounds. I want a product that works. For $50 it better work. And while you supposedly get the CFM and IAE engine variants, only the CFM variant works. If you want to fly the IAE, tough. Support from the developers is nonexistant, although two gentlemen graciously give of their time, volunteering their support. I applaud them for giving of themselves, but it is criminal for the developers to charge full price for a buggy, unfinished product. The Advanced version is apparently being used successfully be some beta testers (there's even a YouTube video of it) yet it seems it will never get released.

Not trying to restart old flames over this product. Many of us are just upset over something that had so much potential. The developers really stepped on a lot of toes and may have created a PR nightmare that they may never recover from. But, hey, try it for yourself and return it if you don't like it. Just beware the eye and ear candy the sim brings. Absolutely wonderful. Actually flying it is another thing. Just beware.

Todd

If you're going to download pirated version of Airsimmer A320, there is no crack for it!

If legal version of Airsimmer A320, I would recommend to buy! I didn't buy it yet.

It is same as Aerosoft Airbus X Extended for FSX, but it's for FS9.

If you're going to download pirated version of Airsimmer A320, there is no crack for it!

If legal version of Airsimmer A320, I would recommend to buy! I didn't buy it yet.

How do you know? Were you actively looking?

kids these days <_<

and don't expect too much from basic version, FMGC has very limited functions!

Like said above VC is excellent, allmost all overhead systems work. There's just one strange stuff.

When I was trying emergency generator (powered via BLUE HYD, or RAT), all lights on overhead were off, ECAM was changing all the time to CRUISE; I wanted ELEC page....

I don't know aerosoft airbus, but airsimmer is much advanced than wilco.

Anyone knows if FS labs will release airbus this year ?

Cheers

Yes it is not 100% trouble free, many users experienced issues, but from what I have been experiencing, all the issues have been covered on pinned topics. Well, at the current state, Airsimmer cant please everyone yet it is flyable, and I had 40 flights without issues, but the first 2-3 weeks I had miserable days working on the issues in the technical support forum if You ask me.

Yes it is not 100% trouble free, many users experienced issues, but from what I have been experiencing, all the issues have been covered on pinned topics. Well, at the current state, Airsimmer cant please everyone yet it is flyable, and I had 40 flights without issues, but the first 2-3 weeks I had miserable days working on the issues in the technical support forum if You ask me.

I have the exact opposite experience with this add-on. Upon loading this aircraft up the controls are stuck. Since moving to W7 I haven't been able to use this aircraft and support just gave up on the issue.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2