Sign in to follow this  
captain420

EZdok camera or something similar for X-Plane 10?

The only head shake plugin i know is actually the "headshake plugin"  :P . But i can't set it to shake my head while using TrackIR. Have someone managed to get both TrackIR and headshake plugin get along?

The only head shake plugin i know is actually the "headshake plugin" :P . But i can't set it to shake my head while using TrackIR. Have someone managed to get both TrackIR and headshake plugin get along?

Don't think so:(

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

PilotView sort of works but is unfriendly to the uninitiated.

I'm sure at some point we'll see a plugin which emulates the good bits from EzDok, but in the meantime Cinema Verité is just about the only option for "wobble-vision" that works with TrackIR, but knob twiddling then becomes a challenge.

What is most regrettable is that the excellent XP10 built-in view system does not work with TIR, something I hope can be rectified by LR in a future update.

The head wobble is the thing which is still keeping me out of xplane..A little forward or a little backwards I find either sitting on the top of the plane or hanging on to its tail..

I actually prefer the standard x plane num key presets coupled with the head shaker plugin to ezdok to be honest, and it doesn't require a volatile little cock of a program running in the background either :)

Ok, so I spent a bunch of time playing with pilot view and it is pretty good. trackir works much better with pilot view than the built in support in xplane. I looked at the xplane camera API and I think I can come close to doing what ezca dies for fsx. These are the key things I'd like to add in addition to what currently exists in pilot view.

support for more cameras per plane

ability to turn trackir on or off per camera. I find this nice for some of the external views

ability to smooth transition from one camera to another

ability to save a load a camera set

support multiple categories, like internal vs external to you can move between categories and the cameras in a category

ability to assign a keyboard or joystick button to any camera and move between categories and cameras, you can do this now in pilot view but maybe I can make it a little simpler

ability to control the movement of camera with a second joystick. might make walking around for preflight inspection easier

if I get all that working I'll try to add the camera shake and also make that selectable per camera.

lots to do but it is time to hop on the x-plane band wagon. I love fsx but it is running out gas and simply can't take advantage of new hardware like multi core CPUs and high end GPUs.

The very best of luck to you with that sir!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Your in luck! Check out this plugin. Its easy to setup and its better than Pilotview;

http://www.simcoders.com/headshake/features-and-download

I love EZDOK Camera for FSX and since I am moving to XPX now, I am wondering if there's anything that does the exact same thing or better?

Your in luck! Check out this plugin. Its easy to setup and its better than Pilotview;

http://www.simcoders...es-and-download

I'm almost done with X-Camera which should be very close to a direct replacement for EZCA for X-Plane 9 and 10. I'm going to launch it the week of 8/24/2014. A free version will be available to everyone but I'm looking for beta users for a more advanced potential commercial version. Let me know if you are interested at:

http://www.stickandrudderstudios.com

Mark

I'm almost done with X-Camera which should be very close to a direct replacement for EZCA for X-Plane 9 and 10. I'm going to launch it the week of 8/24/2014. A free version will be available to everyone but I'm looking for beta users for a more advanced potential commercial version. Let me know if you are interested at:

http://www.stickandrudderstudios.com

Mark

Free and can be used with Track IR? I like the cut of your jib.

I actually prefer the standard x plane num key presets coupled with the head shaker plugin to ezdok to be honest, and it doesn't require a volatile little cock of a program running in the background either :)

"volatile little" lol. I have EZDOK for FSX, but it's so damn temperamental (like FSX itself). 

I'm using x-plane more and more these days. I love  the sceneries you can get for FSX like ORBX and Megascenery, but the crashes and unreliability (for me at least) of the platform is gradually driving me away..

Xplane "just works" for me..

I don't know exactly what it is, although many pointed me Ezdok as a "mandatory" add-on for FSX. My idea is that it contributes mainly to create a more "jumpy" sensation when flying the otherwise apparently too stable aircraft in FSX.

I don't know why people continually keep making this false claim about FSX? FSX is stable when there is stable weather conditions, as it (and XP) should be. When the air is unstable with turbulence FSX aircraft, get knocked around pretty good, same as XP aircraft. As suggested EZDOK does not just create a jumpy effect (OPUS camera does that), but does so in relation to the movement of the aircraft itself. (The effect itself though can be adjusted, admittedly the effect in the video below was a bit high, which I've reduced since, but it was heavy turbulence at the time! ) When used with a 3rd party weather generator like Active Sky (especially ASN) or REX, can get pretty realistic conditions. Here's a sample video to demonstrate, notr the movement of the aircraft itself in the external view towards the end. Reported turbulence from ASN was Heavy.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I have just completed a plugin that I think comes very close to replicating EZdok EZCA for X-Plane, particularly if you use it with TrackIR and HeadShake from SimCoders. Please checkout the details, download your free version today, and let me know what you think.

https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/x-camera/

Mark

Nice plugin except that:

Every time I open the X-Plane menu, or switch between cameras the TrackIR stops responding. I have to switch to outside circle view and back to View 1.

The pitch and heading adjustment buttons in the CP do not work. I see the values changing but the camera stays still. Same for the pitch and heading shortcut keys ctrl-shift-up/down etc.

Looking very good but needs debugging.