Sign in to follow this  
Air France

CS B777 - Service Pack 1.0 Released!

I've had no problems so far with VNAV, just be sure to run through the proper pages on the CDU.

Thanks. Now I'm excited to go try it again. (:

I could imagine pulling some tricks on that one though. E.g. not showing the actual runway but a generic 'in the gauge' one and just reading the plane's position from the scenery file. So you would see a generic taxi line and your offset. It's only on the -300, right?

I sure hope they do. I just watched a cockpit video with it and now I really want it. Maybe we can persuade FS2Crew to make one that would work on any of them.

I've only got one flight in it, but no, the vnav did not work at all for me. I too used v/s, and flch for a portion which worked fine. I also felt the aircraft was a bit slippery in the air as it did indeed climb very fast, and I found it difficult to slow down on descent even with full spoilers.

Did you use the ACE utility to set up the passenger/cargo load? By default, the plane is empty!! So it's imperative to do this, to get more realistic performance.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I've had no problems so far with VNAV, just be sure to run through the proper pages on the CDU.

Scratch that, encountered the first problem with VNAV today after about 10 flights without issues. So it's a little bit spotty in performance I guess. I trust this will be fixed though. I'm not a CS fan, but own most of their products because they suit me just fine. So far, the progress on the 777 since I purchased at 0.8 has been relatively nice, and at the moment I'm still not experiencing gamebreaker bugs. VNAV not working? VS mode will do just fine :P.

Scratch that, encountered the first problem with VNAV today after about 10 flights without issues. So it's a little bit spotty in performance I guess. I trust this will be fixed though. I'm not a CS fan, but own most of their products because they suit me just fine. So far, the progress on the 777 since I purchased at 0.8 has been relatively nice, and at the moment I'm still not experiencing gamebreaker bugs. VNAV not working? VS mode will do just fine :P.

This is what surprised me with this release! At ver 0.9 she wasn't near done, none of the displays had been tied into the systems, the AP had issues etc.. With such a large update, I would have thought it be prudent to go through one more test release say ver 0.95 before the official release. (1.0). I think much of what's being reported could have been handled then, and have a much smoother official release that would enhance their public image. Rather then they released another shoddy product. These issues I'm sure will be addressed in a service pack, but 1st impressions last, especially with CS, with their history. Up til now they have really improved their public image, I think officially releasing this major update without at least 1 more test release, is a step backward towards that goal!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Did you use the ACE utility to set up the passenger/cargo load? By default, the plane is empty!! So it's imperative to do this, to get more realistic performance.

I did, yes. Load was about 3/4 capacity and fuel was about 50%.

- Aaron

This is what surprised me with this release! At ver 0.9 she wasn't near done, none of the displays had been tied into the systems, the AP had issues etc.. With such a large update, I would have thought it be prudent to go through one more test release say ver 0.95 before the official release. (1.0). I think much of what's being reported could have been handled then, and have a much smoother official release that would enhance their public image. Rather then they released another shoddy product. These issues I'm sure will be addressed in a service pack, but 1st impressions last, especially with CS, with their history. Up til now they have really improved their public image, I think officially releasing this major update without at least 1 more test release, is a step backward towards that goal!!

Honestly I am pretty sure the only reason they released it as V1.0 because if they released it as a beta version with the functionality it has today most people would buy it for the beta price realizing the potential the plane has... I have been with the plane since V0.1 so this has been a long time coming... We always have to remember that even though this is a hobby CS is still a business and it would be bad business to release a non-beta at a beta price and lose out on the potential extra revenue. Im pretty sure most people bought the plane during the 10 dollar sale but still it only makes sense to hike the price up for the more functional and stable release. (compared to V0.1- V0.9). I know alot of people disapprove of this public beta testing program but it honestly is a good idea business wise when you think about it.... I'm pretty sure them choosing this road caused the development cycle to be different and a more drawn out process but it gives us simmers something to hold onto and keep us interested while we wait for the final release...

Honestly I am pretty sure the only reason they released it as V1.0 because if they released it as a beta version with the functionality it has today most people would buy it for the beta price realizing the potential the plane has... I have been with the plane since V0.1 so this has been a long time coming... We always have to remember that even though this is a hobby CS is still a business and it would be bad business to release a non-beta at a beta price and lose out on the potential extra revenue. Im pretty sure most people bought the plane during the 10 dollar sale but still it only makes sense to hike the price up for the more functional and stable release. (compared to V0.1- V0.9). I know alot of people disapprove of this public beta testing program but it honestly is a good idea business wise when you think about it.... I'm pretty sure them choosing this road caused the development cycle to be different and a more drawn out process but it gives us simmers something to hold onto and keep us interested while we wait for the final release...

As it is though, she is not ready for prime time! I'm in a flight with it now, and as many have reported, VNAV just doesn't work. FLCH mode works ok, but is very sensitive, and it's easy to bust an altitude, especially at lower altitudes. Like Aaron reported, she does climb like a rocket, Also TCAS doesn't seem to be working. At least there is no indication on the ND display and I use 100% UT2 traffic. Performance is not good, I'm getting 9-12FPS. On my system though that is just a little lower then most other complex aircraft addons. Worse though, and unlike other aircraft, it doesn't get any better in the air. Even when AI thins out over the ocean!! I can't help but think they still have a debug mode active somewhere!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

As it is though, she is not ready for prime time! I'm in a flight with it now, and as many have reported, VNAV just doesn't work. FLCH mode works ok, but is very sensitive, and it's easy to bust an altitude, especially at lower altitudes. Like Aaron reported, she does climb like a rocket, Also TCAS doesn't seem to be working. At least there is no indication on the ND display and I use 100% UT2 traffic. Performance is not good, I'm getting 9-12FPS. On my system though that is just a little lower then most other complex aircraft addons. Worse though, and unlike other aircraft, it doesn't get any better in the air. Even when AI thins out over the ocean!! I can't help but think they still have a debug mode active somewhere!!

I understand where you are coming from on the FPS... Its actually the textures they used, they are really big and its possible to lower the quality on them, that does help with the FPS...

I completed my first flight from PHNL to NZAA, a 10 hour flight and take off was mediocre, plane followed the sid ok, then followed the plan to the Star without too much problem. 3000nm into the flight, it became dark, and the cockpit lighting was a Ba$%%d to turn on, very sensitive, with no ambient setting, so only off or full on.

Aware that this plane is very slippery, on decent to FAF at NZAA, I tried to arrest the speed early, that was fine, as long as I kept the spoilers activated, and upon intercepting the glide slope, and at flaps 20 with gear down, the jolly thing sped up to 250knots very quickly. Instead of having the spoilers armed for the landing checklist, it was full on and made no difference. I did not bother to land it, I just closed FSX and uninstalled the CS777 until they fix the issues.

Using the Ace utility made no difference to the behavior of this aircraft, I also checked that it had modified the payload, and it had.

Going by the fact it was 2+ years to patch the 767, I can only foresee that I will be flying the PMDG 777 by then, and Captain Sim will be a distant memory.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I understand where you are coming from on the FPS... Its actually the textures they used, they are really big and its possible to lower the quality on them, that does help with the FPS...

Actually I've done that with one of the Betas both external and the VC and it didn't make much of a difference. The textures themselves, are half the size of the NGX (2048 vs 4098) and the NGX didn't exhibit this behavior. The problem I think is more in the system code.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Can a full ILS landing be done now? Am waiting for this product to be complete with full working landing mechanism. For example to be able to flare itself for landing in an ILS approach. I bought once the 767 an it was not able to do that.

I've had no trouble doing full ILS landings perfectly since 1.0 was release, although I usually turn off the auto pilot and enjoy a manual landing since it hand flies so well.

CS 767 is flawless at version 1.5, the 777 will get the same love with updates/patches :good:

Scratch that, encountered the first problem with VNAV today after about 10 flights without issues. So it's a little bit spotty in performance I guess.

And now the next flight (VHHH-NZAA) was flawless with VNAV... Not sure what I'm doing differently from others, since I seem to be having only very minimal issues with VNAV where others report it not working at all.

Ah good, another thread move to a support forum that isn't a support thread. Guess I won't see any more comments here...

- Aaron