Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Setting up realistic failure modeling

Hi

Is there any way to save random faliure parameters?like being enabled and faliures p/10h ?i'm tiered to enter it manualy at each cockpit prep. !

@rodd

Failing vor s,fmc s,ir and adr s,adiru s and . . . And trying some ndb app with raw data(stby att,or ISIS on airbus or ISFD) ir a normal proc for pilots who are really pilots!its pretty easy to approach with ndb,if you haven't jump from cessna or bonanza to a a300 or 777 when started to fly

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air

Is it not aft left fuelfump we talk about with the APU ? (AOA video i think explain where it is located)

The fuel pump is one of the components you will hardly see failed, if it fails it will be after years of usage.
However the fwd left (the most used by most of the users for APU running) can stop working before the others.

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Is it not aft left fuelfump we talk about with the APU ? (AOA video i think explain where it is located)

The APU will take fuel from the left side of the fuel manifold, so it doesn't matter which fuel pump is used (left centre, any pump from tank 1 or with the crossfeed open any pump from tank 2) - all the pumps do is add pressure to the fuel line from which to the APU draws its fuel. If no pump is used then the APU sucks the fuel from tank 1.

Hi NGXers, I've been trying to get a few failures to work and the airplane isn't responding. Asked for duct overheat and it wont do it either instant or programmed any tips?

I have my setup as 11 failures per 10 hours, maximum 3 at a time PLUS service failures and I have flown over 50 hours so far without any failures activating!   When I first set the failures, I did have 3 failures total in the first 2 flights but after fixing them at destination I have had no more occurences for the last 50 hours!  I would think I would be having failures on a regular basis.  And BTW, the failures I DID have were only nuisance failures, nothing major or challenging.

I am aware that 11 failures every 10 hours would indicate an unrealistically SICK airplane but was looking forward to the challenge.  

Just an update:

Decided to try ENG FAIL @ V1 by setting it up myself in the CDU and using the B737-800 model.  Very pleasantly surprised that directional control was very easily maintained throughout rotation and climbout with rudder input. I found this not to be true on other simulations but it seems that PMDG has this spot on.  Flew entire procedure manually maintaining correct map course and (since I use only the mouse/keyboard  keys to control ailerons/rudders respectively) did not require rudder trim to keep everything centered and in trim.  Did use flight director and MCP inputs but no AP.  But noticed that I was unable to re-arm A/T even with both throttles synchronized.  Seems according to YouTube Prias video this should be possible.  I had armed A/T, vnav, lnav prior to beginning takeoff roll as I normally do but I think A/T went to off when the failure occurred.  Will try once more and be more observant.