Sign in to follow this  
daddi

Help me finish this thought.

probably not but I am sure there are ways to change that, either with external programs or the .cfg files on your computer. I have though noticed that when it is raining or snowing the aircraft takes longer to slow. So to an extent maybe....

~Remy

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein
777-300 FS Pilot, Deltava

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

39990572681_f326ac97d7_o.jpg

Does FSX accurately simulate different runway braking conditions?

No, it doesn't. Water and snow are just a visual effect.

Kyle Rodgers

Does FSX accurately simulate different runway braking conditions?

No FS[X] doesn't simulate different braking conditions [snow, wet runways]

Of course some different braking conditions do exist: water and Ice [ice in FSX] in the mountains.

But you can't change friction of the runways themselves [helas - maybe in P3D v2?]

You can change braking conditions of aircraft in the aircraft.cfg

But that will only be for that given airplane not all air planes.

Ice does have complete diffrent friction, you can even slide sideways [try the mission in Alaska] However you could park on a flat icy spot by retracting ski's using the tires- so probably you'll get the runway friction again. The braking force of water is also different [i don't mean good, I mean different...] also not on runways but on lakes....[@SAS 13]

my previous post was send to quickly, sorry

Is it safe to say it's to the same extend as different weather conditions?

FSX does not model the differences between dry/wet/icy runways. Neither does the NGX in terms of the physical effects of them. (we can't modify hardcoded sim values like the surface coefficient of friction) What the NGX does is simulate the modulated braking method that the Boeing autobrake system actually uses. Each autobrake setting is actually commanding a particular rate of deceleration and the amount of braking used will change depending on the gross weight, the amount of reverse thrust applied etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

This means for adding a bit of realism to the simulator, you can set autobrake to the

lower numbers (1 or 2) when flying in snowy/rainy conditions taking into account the reduced braking conditions -although not simulated by FSX

I think project tupolev found a way to model icy and wet conditions back in FS9 but that was in the Tu-154M model, gotta check to see if they ported it to FSX.

FSX does not model the differences between dry/wet/icy runways. Neither does the NGX in terms of the physical effects of them. (we can't modify hardcoded sim values like the surface coefficient of friction) What the NGX does is simulate the modulated braking method that the Boeing autobrake system actually uses. Each autobrake setting is actually commanding a particular rate of deceleration and the amount of braking used will change depending on the gross weight, the amount of reverse thrust applied etc.

Really? I thought the NGX fixed this. Lots of addons simulate wet/icy runway conditions in both FS9 and FSX using both toe brakes and auto brakes. It is done through reading the weather at the airport and intensity of the rain or snow.

Rob Prest

. Lots of addons simulate wet/icy runway conditions in both FS9 and FSX using both toe brakes and auto brakes. It is done through reading the weather at the airport and intensity of the rain or snow.

Really? Like for example?

Really? Like for example?

Read the thread :wink: :

I think project tupolev found a way to model icy and wet conditions back in FS9 but that was in the Tu-154M model, gotta check to see if they ported it to FSX.

Kyle Rodgers

Project tupolev, airsimmer basic and advanced, TSR autobrake, fscaptain.. A few freeware aircraft, I'll check and get back to you. That was just from memory.

edit - also forgot the maddog MD80. I also found an old post from PMDG saying it would be added to the NGX so I'm a bit confused. Wet/dry runway conditions is nothing new in FS

Regards

Rob Prest

Project tupolev, airsimmer basic and advanced, TSR autobrake, fscaptain.. A few freeware aircraft, I'll check and get back to you. That was just from memory.

edit - also forgot the maddog MD80. I also found an old post from PMDG saying it would be added to the NGX so I'm a bit confused. Wet/dry runway conditions is nothing new in FS

Regards

Project Tupolev would be one of those freeware planes, its shocking that its not payware.