Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

GSX follow me quick question

I must have missed that. Starting to read where I stopped earlier seems not to be such a good idea sometimes -_-. And again I agree, it'S completely unnecessary to use the follow me car in order to get to the runway. That's usually the easiest part, and I can't remember I didn't get to my assigned RWY, just maybe not on the route Ground Control intended me to use :lol: . But I never yet had to use pushback or slew to get me out of trouble, except if ground had me go nose to nose with some AI bird, but that's a different story.

I can understand that wanting a follow me car is a big deal to some. However, I'm not sure I'd advise someone to stay away cause they can't get a follow me truck to the runway. I've flown in the US quite a bit aNd have yet to ever see a vehicle like this. Not once in a large hub (JFK, ewr) not once at a corporate airport(teb) not once in general aviation (mmu cdw ttn, etc). Point is: completly unrealistic for you is not everyone's reality.

Is it more realistic to see the truck driving across the ramp or pop up out of nowhere like bad auto gen? The taxi signs are pretty good in FSX so until fsdt makes taxing easier than it is currently why not try other alternatives listed in this thread. Please remember that GSX is more than a truck to follow.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Must be easier to get done then letting the follow me car depart from where you should be parking, as it is now... I don't understand that at all. Why the heck do you have to wait for the follow me car to get from your final parking spot to the runway?

Besides dont know what your refering to here about waiting for follow me car to the final parking spot to the rwy? gsx hasnt got this option yet. Why the heck you have to wait for the truck to get to you from the airport building to you at the end of the rwy, i guess it has to drive along the taxi ways to get to you. Least it more realistic than just having the truck just appear from no where in front of you

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I flew into Narita last night and being default I already knew I was going to have a follow me. However right now I'm flying into LAX and if I didn't know where to go (which I do) I would use the charts seeing the taxiway signs are clearly labeled and the gates are to. One thing I didn't like with the AES follow-me is that I appeared right next to you, though it would be nice to have the GSX follow-me there and ready when you land it would have to know what taxiway your getting off at which you, the pilot, may not even know.

Besides dont know what your refering to here about waiting for follow me car to the final parking spot to the rwy? gsx hasnt got this option yet. Why the heck you have to wait for the truck to get to you from the airport building to you at the end of the rwy, i guess it has to drive along the taxi ways to get to you. Least it more realistic than just having the truck just appear from no where in front of you

Exactly, in real life, the vast majority of airports don't have a follow me car sitting at the runway waiting to help out the pilot who couldn't be bothered using an airport chart and parking chart.

-Iain Watson-

Don't be like that Jim, everyone has flight-sim fun in their own way?

My problem with GSX follow me, is I can't request it until after landing, so sit on the runway like a turkey - looking everywhere - it can take a while to get to me, and I never know where the darn thing will appear from, removes the realism from it, or am I doing something wrong?

Eugene

I really enjoy GSX, it's a great product, probably in my top 10 list. However, Eugene has a point, I've waited over 20 minutes sitting on the runway waiting for the follow me car to show up. I eventually just gave up and used my SimPlates to get to the gate ATC assigned.

Also, for whatever reason GSX gate parking requests never seems to work with any 3rd party airports (including fsdt).

But other than that GSX really is a top performer and it has A LOT of flexibility built into the product.

Rob

I really enjoy GSX, it's a great product, probably in my top 10 list. However, Eugene has a point, I've waited over 20 minutes sitting on the runway waiting for the follow me car to show up. I eventually just gave up and used my SimPlates to get to the gate ATC assigned.

Also, for whatever reason GSX gate parking requests never seems to work with any 3rd party airports (including fsdt).

But other than that GSX really is a top performer and it has A LOT of flexibility built into the product.

Rob

yes its one of my top list of addons as well, as with your problem of waiting for 20 minutes at the rwy you need to be off the rwy to call the follow me car, doesnt take that long for the car to turn up. never had any problems with the parking option at any airport since it works at all fsx airports. So dont know whats happening at your end with the parking maybe you should post a support question at the gsx forum since never heard of this before

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

LOL Well, you know, I've been using progressive taxi for years and years. Now I've switched to ProATC/X and although it tells me how to taxi 9 out of 10 times I can't figure out what the heck ATC is saying. And I also find it hard to taxi just by looking at the signs. Yes, I might get some ground charts but even those aren't always too clear to me... So I simply want a replacement for progressive taxi! Realistic or not. Follo me 2 gives me EXACTLY what I want. I can call up the car, it's there instantly and I can tell it where go. Easy. Love it. ^_^ I like realism but I am not extreme about it.

yep i really miss the followme car  in gsx :(

and followme2 is great, but i switched to P3D and it do not work ;...-((((