Sign in to follow this  
Need-To-Know

Paint kit for 206 Tail Art backwards.

Aaaaaagh Carenado! :lol: RealAir, Baytower, even Orbx, I love you.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Is one perhaps from the amphibian and the other perhaps not??

You are right - after looking closer they do look different. Oddly the UV (Texture) maps are both used or else the AC ID numbers would not be there. :blink:

I did just redownload it: http://www.carenado....p?accion=update

Has 3 textures but I did not use the FUSE2 as it is no different than the real AC.

Also looked at the originals that came with the install. They look the same as the kit.

I have worked in 3d programs but not in GMAX..... yet. So not sure how this AC lays out.

Aaaaaagh Carenado! :lol: RealAir, Baytower, even Orbx, I love you.

Ron, you always give me a smile. You seem like a guy I would enjoy having a beer or two with! :drinks:

Originals:

norm2.jpg

norm.jpg

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

Ok - as much as I hate to bother developers I went ahead and sent the a request (with my order # and pictures) to answer the tail mystery.

Wow that was quick - I heard back from them almost immediately:

Greetings.

That particular aircraft used an old mapping setting that is mirrored so one of the sides will be flipped (it might work for some repaint jobs as long as they consist solely of shapes and colors that might tolerate such mirror actions). This means that texture mapping may be inappropriately applied in some cases (with text or some logos).

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause you.

Best regards.

Carenado Team.

Rob

Well that fixes that!!!! What a bummer! So that one tail section then cannot accommodate text or tail numbers. I guess your option is to remove the words from the logo, and perhaps place them on the fuselage, or re position the logo onto the fuselage. In either case it could be a close match, but not an exact one for the real life one.

At least it wasn't something you were doing wrong!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

So we weren't all going mad. Nice. Bloody shame because that was shaping up as a very nice paint. :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Are you sure about this?

I am now! I've been at this game for nearly two decades now. There isn't much that I haven't seen (or done myself!) before... :Whistle:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I just looked up Tropic Ocean and I have to say that for your first repaint you did a heck of great job! Interesting because it mirrors, the bird on the logo faces forward on both sides! It's too good a repaint to abandon. I recommend you replace the Tropic Ocean and Airways lettering with some form of graphic element that fills in that area of the logo and mirrors OK to the other side. Maybe some additional waves like those on the pontoons. You could add the Tropic Ocean lettering somewhere on the fuselage, or elsewhere on a template where it doesn't mirror. You could use the full logo on top of a wing, but that would not be consistent with the real world livery.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Appreciate that FP!

The paint and logo were easy for me. I designed the real world originals. I designed the logo, built the website, as well as all of their branding. It is what i do for a living.

I would change the paint around but given time I might can figure out how to fix the AC to make it work. I am OCD. And we want to start a virtual airline. So matching as close to possible.

They just bought a 208 Amphib. So that will be my next repaint. Since I have worked in Photoshop since it's birth - look for more repaints from me in the future.

Honestly it has been you guys that just gave me a new hobby with your kind words and help.

Thank you!

Rob

we want to start a virtual airline. So matching as close to possible.

You should read my "about me" from the left sidebar. I added some Caribbean scenery a couple of months ago, including the Cayman airports, Montego, and Cancun. Also took our first cruise last fall, to the Bahamas. I might be interested in this. I have the Carenado C208. I have never flown amphibian yet.

Frank Patton
ASUS