Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChrisMartin

[W.I.P] FSAA / Shimmer Fix v1.01

Hello everybody!

Today i gonna show you my Beta-Phase progress, against these shimmer/flickering trees.

And a better upscaling 4x4 AA.

This great results only can score whit Boris Vorontsov tool named ENB. It makes some brilliant callouts for implements. All right's belongs to him.

I have nearly eliminating jagged and pixelated edge full. Also the shimmer/flickering in all Seasons have significant reduced/eliminated. I prepared some picture and recorded the entry whit fraps.

Enjoy!

Vid: http://dfiles.eu/files/wowi7y2bn

Regrads

Chris

settingsoa.jpg

You show 16x supersampling, that would bring my video card to an absolute crawl.

You show 16x supersampling, that would bring my video card to an absolute crawl.

Ya in clouds you just can't use it, I have a GTX 680 too.

Don't worry about, i was just making tryouts whit high settings. You can choise between 4x, 9x and 16x.

ya but whats "new" about this or "beta" these modes have been around for a long time and most of them are useless.

I implement a new codec for SSAA callout. It will significant reduce shimmer and flickering from all seasonal veg. trees

Ok, cool. Can you send me the files, I'd like to try it. Problem I have is addon aiports usually have light posts and they shimmer like crazy, but if i jack up my AA and fly near clouds my FPS drop to nothing, anyways Id like to help you test this....do you mind?

How do I download it? The website you posted wants me to download a media player and I AM NOT downloading sometyhing like that

Can you send me the files to test? are you changing the autogen to do this...if so thats going to be a problem for people using GEX or ORBX

Just select regular download and wait for your browser comes up with do you want to save or run. It takes about 18 minutes to download one video. If you try again to download, you will be told you have to wait 48 minutes to just be able to click on the Regular button. The author should upload to YouTube.

In regards to the ENB mod d3d9.dll, I hope it doesn't create CTD's like the ENB mod did for many. It will not work for DX10 users.

Best regards,

Jim

Im so confused with all this; we have ENB, Shade, FXAA, SweetFX and now this? I just want to get my FSX to stop shimmering and have a good sharp picture.

Thanks for sharing these files. Have you considered uploading them to our file library?

Yes, when it's done.

''Can you send me the files to test? are you changing the autogen to do this ...''

Please, be patient. No release yet.

It's based on the d3d9.dll modification, so it don't replace any autogens.

''... In regards to the ENB mod d3d9.dll, I hope it doesn't create CTD's like the ENB mod did for many. It will not work for DX10 users. ...''

Thanks for your advice, progress is now visible on youtube.

Well, it must be some misaligment or wrong used Version.

I don't have any CTD's in combination whit in.

Regards

I just made the comment as there have been a lot of crashes and other anomalies with the ENB mod. I would say just a few people are able to get it to work properly and without crashing FSX. BTW, nice video on YouTube. Thanks for putting it there. The mod looks great and I hope others who use it have the same success.

Best regards,

Jim

Yes, when it's done.

Please, be patient. No release yet.

It's based on the d3d9.dll modification, so it don't replace any autogens.

Thanks for your advice, progress is now visible on youtube.

Regards

Will it work with SWEETFX?

links are broken, can you send me new ones?