Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

Who's using FS2 Crew Emergency NGX?

I like this. NGX flights can become mind numbigly boring when all there is to do is manage the FMC ZZZZZZZ

+1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Wouldn't/Couldn't fly without it. And just a heads up for you guys, ProATC's next update (1.2) will include emergency procedures like divert etc.

Good to hear Mike....Enjoy!

BTW: thx for the tip on Pro ATC....I think I might look into it now for possible purchase.

Rgds,

I'm obviuosly out on a limb with this one, but I can't see the point of having an emergency procedure program that is hardly ever used. Of course unless you have emergencies on every flight! Or am I missing something?

LOL Howard!

I understand..."A good flight is an uneventful flight"......but you never know what could happen.

It was this thought that got me delving into emergency procedures.....I'll never look back now.

Emergency NGX! offers that "shebang" to the NGX that was missing.

You gotts try it Howard!

PS: I still think your avatar looks like a younger "Rudy Guiliani"! LOL!

Best Wishes,

I like this. NGX flights can become mind numbigly boring when all there is to do is manage the FMC ZZZZZZZ

Hi Zoran,

you got it! Emergency NGX adds that "wow" factor, needless to say the education you get from learning how to resolve minor/major issues.

Enjoy!

Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Good to hear Mike....Enjoy!

BTW: thx for the tip on Pro ATC....I think I might look into it now for possible purchase.

Rgds,

My pleasure mate. It just keeps getting better and better.. ^_^

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

PS: I still think your avatar looks like a younger "Rudy Guiliani"! LOL!

:lol:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I'm loving it..............but I pity the poor souls who are along for the ride :blush: MAYDAY! MAYDAY!

Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I forget where I read it but a real pilot said something along the lines of "now it's a simulator of the simulator we train in instead of a simulator of the actual aircraft"

Now you can pretend your Capt. Sully and just hit a flock of canadian geese...

Cool addon I bought it the second it came out..

I'm loving it..............but I pity the poor souls who are along for the ride :blush: MAYDAY! MAYDAY!

Steve

LOL! Good 1 Steve!

Rgds,

I forget where I read it but a real pilot said something along the lines of "now it's a simulator of the simulator we train in instead of a simulator of the actual aircraft"

Now you can pretend your Capt. Sully and just hit a flock of canadian geese...

Cool addon I bought it the second it came out..

Capt Sully & the Geese.....LOL!

Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I'm obviuosly out on a limb with this one, but I can't see the point of having an emergency procedure program that is hardly ever used. Of course unless you have emergencies on every flight! Or am I missing something?

I agree with you Howard for two reasons:-

1. I occasionally have computer trouble where FSX has a "fatal error" or sometimes just crashes for no apparent reason. Not often enough to be able to troubleshoot however. So, I don't really want to add aircraft problems into the mix!

2. I like to run flights to be as lifelike as possible. As the vast majority of aircrews only experience faults when in the simulator, I'll stick with the most realistic. :-)

Iain Smith

I really want to see the video of it in action. Their 2 minute trailer has about 10 sec of real footage :/

I don't quite understand this discussion ;-)

The NGX, as provided by PMDG, allows us to simulate tons of failures whenever we feel like, or randomly, or service-based.

And now, for the first time ever, we have an F/O how supports us dealing with these by following the flows as laid out in the QRH. How great is this? Anyone who enjoys handling failures will sure love this add-on.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Guest Mik75

I agree with you Howard for two reasons:-

1. I occasionally have computer trouble where FSX has a "fatal error" or sometimes just crashes for no apparent reason. Not often enough to be able to troubleshoot however. So, I don't really want to add aircraft problems into the mix!

2. I like to run flights to be as lifelike as possible. As the vast majority of aircrews only experience faults when in the simulator, I'll stick with the most realistic. :-)

Iain Smith

That´s the interesting point, I think!

You can train as real as possible, just as the real pilots do. You can trigger the failures anytime you want and therefore train the workflows and checklists, just to be prepared. Isn´t that wonderful? I haven´t bought this addon yet, since I have Win 7 Home Premium in the German version, and I am not sure about how to use Vistalizator to get the English language pack installed. I did it once, way back on Win XP and with the voice edition of FS2Crew for the PMDG 737 in FS9. I remeber that it wasn´t too easy to set up.

Right now, my install is 3 months old, and everything is well organised and clean, and I am a bit afraid of messing things up with that Vistalizator tool.

Actually guys, my initial impressions have been replaced with a positive interest. Only today, while flying on an Airbus funnily enough, was I reading about the failures option in the NGX. I actually have been won over... I think it may well be cool to have random failures initialised into the NGX, so as to perhaps fail every ten hours or something like that. I certainly would not want to fly the NGX knowing that I was going to encounter a failure on every flight, but sure, I can see how the software would introuduce an element of surprise and suspense to a flight.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

since I have Win 7 Home Premium in the German version, and I am not sure about how to use Vistalizator to get the English language pack installed. I did it once, way back on Win XP and with the voice edition of FS2Crew for the PMDG 737 in FS9. I remeber that it wasn´t too easy to set up.

I'm running the German version of Win 7, too. No problem. I simply installed Vistalizator, switched to English, "trained" the speech recognition, and then switched back to German Windows. FS2Crew Voice works like a treat.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Guest Mik75

I'm running the German version of Win 7, too. No problem. I simply installed Vistalizator, switched to English, "trained" the speech recognition, and then switched back to German Windows. FS2Crew Voice works like a treat.

There seem to be a few different versions of the Vistalizator tool. For Win 7 with and without SP1, etc.

My version is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit with all the latest updates. Which Vistalizator version do I need?

Thanks in advance for clarification.

I thought there was one for Win 7 and one for Vista and that's it. Unfortunately, I can't really remember where I downloaded it and what exact version it was.

Have you looked at this one? http://www.chip.de/d...r_31709612.html

Which of the various language packs you use, however, depends on your operating system. If you say you have Win 7 64bit including all updates, you should have SP1 as well. Right-click on "Computer", select "Eigenschaften" and see if you have SP1 or not.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png