• Version 1.1 was released in April 2011
  • Version 1.2 was released in September 2011
  • Version 1.3 was released in March 2012
  • Version 1.4 was released in August 2012

Every 6 months or so...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Big difference though between incremental updates and a whole revamp to v2

Yea, it's like do they put the time and effort into another incremental or put all the effort into the major release. Hope they went for the major. I can happily live with 1.4 for the rest of the year. So even if they do release in early 2014 instead of 2013 that's workable. I hoping/wanting 2.0 to be the game changer for the hobby.

According to one of the LM Software managers

http://www.prepar3d....iewtopic&t=2293

(scroll down) the team seems indeed to be working towards major release 2.0, which according to some other posts is not to be expected before the end of this year, maybe in 2014.

Kind regards, Michael

Although I recall reading on their forum that there may be 1 or 2 more 1.x releases before that. I'm quite sure that they have a team for each version.

Vic

According to one of the LM Software managers

http://www.prepar3d....iewtopic&t=2293

(scroll down) the team seems indeed to be working towards major release 2.0, which according to some other posts is not to be expected before the end of this year, maybe in 2014.

Kind regards, Michael

I recall w/ many of the PC game titles from big companies like Valve and EA the product would be pretty heavily advertised w/ key features mentioned in their prerelease advertising and that would happen well before official release.  It seems odd if V2 is a giant upgrade the team has not posted some real good stuff to start generating interest.  Even if their intended market is less in the entertainment domain it can't hurt to start stirring up interest earlier on.  Is this because they really don't know what they will/can do with it, so can't commit?  Or perhaps they are hoping to keep customers hopeful and in doing so might dissuade people from not jumping ship now to the other simulator (XP 64bit)?  Seems a wee bit odd it's been so secretive as to what the 'big upgrade' will include.

Hi Noel,

it might have to do with the enterprise culture. As we know, LM is in the defense industry, where it's neither usual nor advised to make early announcements. While Prepar3d is certainly not relevant for warfare, it might just be general custom. In another contribution, one of the developers stated clearly. they are not allowed to announce anything in advance, and even what they already said was at the borderline.

I am pretty sure they know what they want to achieve. Another question is if they have the resources to do that.

But this is just my impression, and I might be completely wrong.

Kind regards, Michael

I recall w/ many of the PC game titles from big companies like Valve and EA the product would be pretty heavily advertised w/ key features mentioned in their prerelease advertising and that would happen well before official release.  It seems odd if V2 is a giant upgrade the team has not posted some real good stuff to start generating interest.  Even if their intended market is less in the entertainment domain it can't hurt to start stirring up interest earlier on.  Is this because they really don't know what they will/can do with it, so can't commit?  Or perhaps they are hoping to keep customers hopeful and in doing so might dissuade people from not jumping ship now to the other simulator (XP 64bit)?  Seems a wee bit odd it's been so secretive as to what the 'big upgrade' will include.

It`s not a game anymore. P3D is a commercial software intended to use by commercial/professional end users.

The "hobby" users are not their main customers.

They will do marketing once it`s out and running. It`s not the same deal as with game publishers...

I wish the developers would have a squeak. 

All we can do now is patiently wait. 

It`s not a game anymore. P3D is a commercial software intended to use by commercial/professional end users.
The "hobby" users are not their main customers.
They will do marketing once it`s out and running. It`s not the same deal as with game publishers...

I guess, but I have to think they aren't really doing it for other reasons beyond making a $$ or two ;o)

I guess, but I have to think they aren't really doing it for other reasons beyond making a $$ or two ;o)

Why else should Lockheed Martin do it except to make money?

Why else should Lockheed Martin do it except to make money?

Yes that was my point...

Well 6 months has come and gone and no news. Oh well, I still have hope for a release before the middle of the year.