Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Oculus Rift Development Kit

Sorry but one question if I understand you are on fixed position and you can rotate 360 no zoom, right?<br />But if you set several camera and you hit A you can change and go really near instrument could you see the mouse pointer?<br />the only problem is that it doesn't work on windowed mode, right?<br />But it's very addicting play battlefield would change the perception.<br /><br />Thanks

No, OpenGL works already with Team Fortress 2:

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Oculus_Rift_User_Guide

There is a difference.   Either the game has to support it natively like TF2 does or you need some plugin that warps the image from the game when the game doesnt know anything about the rift.

FSX is doing the latter, it doesn't know about the OR and that is why you need to swap out the d3d dll.

TF2 does know about the OR and it just so happens to be coded in open GL.

Xplane doesnt know about the rift and the d3d dll that intercepts the calls will not work with OpenGL.

Hope that makes sense?

Sorry but one question if I understand you are on fixed position and you can rotate 360 no zoom, right?<br />But if you set several camera and you hit A you can change and go really near instrument could you see the mouse pointer?<br />the only problem is that it doesn't work on windowed mode, right?<br />But it's very addicting play battlefield would change the perception.<br /><br />Thanks

You are in a fixed position with free head movement, however ducking or jumping won't have an effect. All fsx commands work including view change. It works in window mode - you just have to make the window fully enlarged.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

3DVision TrackIR user here, I'm def switching over to OR as soon as there is a solid official release.

I prefer to use my Xbox 360 Controller over my Saitek stuff anyway in FSX.

Can aslo configure every important simulation control on my 360 pad.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2013_5_1_16_55_5_314.jpg

NGX, landing at innsbruck. 

My landings have never been so perfect -- the immersion helps. 

2013_5_1_16_55_5_314.jpg

NGX, landing at innsbruck. 

My landings have never been so perfect -- the immersion helps.

Does the mouse work well enough to set up the fmc

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

No, because of the distortion caused by the warp you find it hard to get a clickable mouse cursor.

sheeet, if that's all you needed to get up and running in FSX wish I had backed the damn thing. I've tried it twice at game dev conferences, the last time was with Hawken, a mech sim and boy it really sat you in that cockpit you didn't realize how cramped it was till you were "in" it :P

I'm currently hoping this comes to World of Warplanes. I'm enjoying the beta but crashing into people I can't see while dogfighting. Anything you can fly with a HOTAS setup is perfect for the Rift, in FSX or otherwise. It may not always be real (like using a HOTAS for a jumbo jet even tho some have joysticks now) but damn it'll be immersive!

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

The distortion looks aweful :(

This is on purpose!    What you see with the distortion is a screenshot of what the computer must produce because the optics in the oculus fixes it all up.

If you looked at a normal image in the oculus it would look strange so the software needs to pre-warp it and the oculus fixes it.   When looking in the oculus there is no distortion.

Z06 what about the stereoscopic 3d??

Is it still broken like the 3dVision in FSX?

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

The distortion looks aweful :(

Its shaped like that because of how your brain perceives the world. When I put the rift on, everything looks fine. 

No 3D as of yet, but the effect is still good. 

Its shaped like that because of how your brain perceives the world. When I put the rift on, everything looks fine. 

No 3D as of yet, but the effect is still good. 

A little bit confused: did you mean that OR does not do 3D in FSX yet? But your screen shots clearly are in 3D?

By all means, it's fantastic that OR works for FSX so easily. Thanks for trying and I now couldn't wait to get the consumer version. 1920x1080(540) won't be too bad. If they can manage to get the resolution even higher in the consumer version I'll be ecstatic!

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

How well do you manipulate the cockpit switches and stuff if you state you are having an issue with distortion for the mouse.

Have you found a way to do this yet? I am really thinking hard on this purchase for some reason and just have a few questions I would love someone in the community who has one to answer.

I don't have panels or anything, just a joystick and throttle, but I do use the mouse a lot. Is this a no go with the OR?

Is maintaining a huge level of FPS to run it a issue with FSX?

Thanks.

Sent from my Apple communications device.