Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

11APR13 - Outage causing Support/Activation disruption

still significant portion of our sales are 747s and MD-11s and those are activating fine - it doesn't make sense to me that we'd cut those people out because J41 and NGX purchases are having issues.

If you want to lower the 777's price - I'll test that for you no worries  :P

Was going to ask, if someone were to buy it would they receive the installer or doesn't that get uploaded to your server until you have V1.0? Just curious.. 

What is the ETA for fix? Waiting 6 days for something is pretty annoying when cash is involved.

Thanks

Ryan expalined and has re-explained the problem and the solution.  The same person constantly bickering and complaining everyday and sometimes twice a day, will not solve the problem any faster. 

Ryan has apoligized in a couple of different answers.  Let it drop, it will be fixed as soon as possible. 

What would happen if your computer fried after you purchased the product, would that be their fault also?

LET IT DROP.... :O

Harry Nelson

Damned if you do damned if you dont. I can see why they dont like to comment and give updates. 

J41 and NGX are working products. Its unfortunate that activation servers went down, but they are computers. That means mind of their own at times, and since the redundancy failed, you cant be verified. They are 3rd party serviced servers looks like, so there is only so much PMDG can do. Crap happens to the best of us.

Perhaps there will be a manual call in or something as backup in future. 

While this would be annoying to an extent when you first buy a new product and cant activate it, I have too much respect for PMDG in what they do to comment negatively  We have an explanation and they are doing everything in their power to get it back up. At the very best, they will certainly learn about redundancy planning. 

So my support ticket doesnt not get handled timely because of unscheduled server downtime. It is what it is, and I move on in life. Take a step back and look at the finer things in life in front of you. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Would it be churlish of me to point out that if we didn't have nasty DRM this wouldn't actually be a major issue?   :P

Ian R Tyldesley

I hope things get fixed this week ....I also wonder how long it takes to place a small warning about the temporary tech problems . But when money its involved things change a lot. .......

Image removed as image is no longer available.

the following IS posted on the PMDG Product support page:

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Since Wednesday, a hardware failure inside the NOC has been disrupting communications to the server that manages certain systems at PMDG. We are in the process of moving those processes out of that NOC to a different (much faster, we think) facility

Harry Nelson

What would happen if your computer fried after you purchased the product, would that be their fault also?

Of course not! But if purchased a computer from them that had blown up before I purchased it that would their fault. BTW this is not bickering I promise, Im cool with all this I have a life and lots more aircraft to fly in the sim I just commented about the cart as I have operated a high end one myself (although I just use eBay stores now) and would be out of business if I took payments for products that didn't work (I sell pro cameras).

Coincidentally a friend asked me to go with her to buy a used Ps3 system couple days ago. Sale went smooth...took back to hers then I discovered gaming chip had a fault which would have been obvious to anyone turning on the machine meaning the store had sold a used system without even plugging it in and testing first.

So I drove it back and very politely explained why I thought I could have saved several hours of my time and 30 miles gas if it HAD been tested and asked for a free upgrade to a more recent model for my inconvenience. Wasn't the guys fault but he admitted it came from another store and he graciously gave me the free upgrade and we tested it fine in the store.

Happy customer - still my favorite locally run game center for used gear...same as PMDG will be for my add-on aircraft.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Quick update - we're still working on getting the new activation server up.  We're hoping tentatively that it'll be up within the next few hours - we've had people on this all day.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Do the best you can that's all you can do.  Sloppymusic please chill.  You sound like my wife ragging on me while I try to fix the sink.......

Also I was glad it wasn't me(not that I wish ill on anyone) because its easy for me to screw up my machine.........

Activations are back up as of now.

Touchwood..

Back on what ? I tried 3 times and got the message that it is unable to connect to activation server.