Sign in to follow this  
Bryn

Will the SDK provide enough access to create a 2D panel?

kav

Why don't you lose some of the white space in your posts.

Michael Cubine

Very excited to see where this goes. While I see the allure of the VC, at least on my machine, I get a 10-15 fps drop using the VC over a 2D panel. Good work!

It's not possible for me to distribute the background bmp, and that makes it kinda useless distributing the panel.cfg.

Hi, Bryn,

Erol Simsir has posted T7 panel bitmaps for FSX on Avsim. As I read his accompanying read-me, you would be free to repost his files as long as you give him credit. Perhaps you would want to contact him first, and also someone from PMDG before you post their modified panel file.

http://library.avsim.net/zipdiver.php?DLID=179230

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

"With regard to the previous poster, I'm not sure why anyone would rock up in a thread about designing 2D panels just to knock them, other than to troll. So let's not engage in that discussion again"

Absolutely no trolling intended just my opinion on the whole 2d panel thing as I said in my post everyone has different taste but .............it does get very tedious this whole 2d panel thing when a small minority of customers or even not customers keeps complaining to the development company requesting that they spend time retreating technological advances rather than embracing advances because this actually would impact all of the rest of us who enjoy advancement fully ( which is the norm in life generally when it comes to technology). So were the company to eventually give in to a few complaints and start to devote valuable development time and resources to creating 2 d panels again for those few stuck in the past and or reluctant to find ways to make 3d work well for them like the rest of us have had to do then it would have an impact on the level of the products for the rest of us as there is only finite time and resource to produce such a product,. So yes its annoying to keep hearing this particularly as the company has clearly stated its over and the reasons why which the majority of us agree with I have absolutely no doubt. So having been a dev myself for another well known addon company it would start to grate me if after going to great lengths to produce an excellent cutting edge product and be one of the best addon developers as a result only to have a few still complaining and requesting I scrap these latest advances in favour of older less popular technology .

and Bryn my original comments were not actually aimed at you rather those complaining about there being no 2d anymore again and again

cheers

kav

Why don't you lose some of the white space in your posts.

Michael Cubine

Hi Micheal I can see the issue with spaces but for some reason it wont let me have any spaces at all or it makes them huge I am certainly not chosing them to be that way some problem here I think when posting

cheers

kav

Erol Simsir has posted T7 panel bitmaps for FSX on Avsim. As I read his accompanying read-me, you would be free to repost his files as long as you give him credit. Perhaps you would want to contact him first, and also someone from PMDG before you post their modified panel file.

I've downloaded them, and they should work ok. I will have a look at it over the next couple of days.

Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

The ironic thing here is, in 2013 consumers nearly need to "jailbreak" their "modern" aircrafts with further tools like (EZDOK or TrackIR) to use them almost how they are familiar with.

There's no need to jailbreak anything to use the VC. I use the hat-switch on my flight stick along with predefined views, easy as ######! If I can anyone can! ;D

Guys.

I use multiple screens.  I dont need VC at all, as multiple screens allow me to see and move whatever info I want, without the need of a mouse or hats or any other alien feature.

Try to use VC for Take off, in a complex environment like Zurich, with one engine inop, and most probably you have to Pause the sim to adjust your view and pan and click the mouse and turn and... Not very realistic indeed.

By the way, for those that are not happy with 2D panels, go somewhere else !! This thread is only for those interested on it.  If PMDG is going to launch one 2D or not, it is their business, not mine or yours.

For those who are interested in 2D, thank you very much for the support.  Lets keep in touch.

Hello Tomorrow!!

Vicente