Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Virtual CDU for iOS released

Is out there something similar that works with NGX for iOS <6?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Dunno, why do t you guys upgrade your ios or email the author.

I am enjoying this app and will hold off purchasing a vendor hardware cdu for a few years.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I am enjoying this app and will hold off purchasing a vendor hardware cdu for a few years.

I have ipad1, only iOS 5. In few days will be ready iOS 5 compatible app. I emailed to the dev, great support!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

The client application on my Windows 7 FSX machine just crashes the instant it connects with my iPad. Anyone else getting this?

I have so far refused to upgrade to iOS 6 because I lose Google Maps then. Just because of the Virtual CDU I finally did the upgrade only to find that I can't get the app to connect to VIA... ;)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I had a similar problem....be sure and go into the IPad "Settings" App, and scroll down to the Virtual CDU and then you need to set in the IP address of your FSX PC.

You can get the IP address by "hovering" your mouse cursor over the VAInterface Icon down in the systray.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Yes, the author is very responsive. 

I have requested if he can use his programming skills to extract ND and EICAS data to be displayed over the network for us cockpit builders. 

The options in the market right now are mighty expensive. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I had a similar problem....be sure and go into the IPad "Settings" App, and scroll down to the Virtual CDU and then you need to set in the IP address of your FSX PC.

You can get the IP address by "hovering" your mouse cursor over the VAInterface Icon down in the systray.

Bill Clark

I got that one covered but the problem is something else. Anyway I decided to format the disc and re-install everything (fs9 and fsx) so in a couple of days I will see if that sorted the problem.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Just bought it and tried it out

It's a a fantastic program and works like a charm on my ipad

No lag whatsoever , it's instantaneous and responsive

It's a great addition to pmdg 737

I hope he develops the same interface for MD11 And 747

And obviously to the upcoming 777 and 747v2

This is a Must have for anyone trying to fly 737

Highly recommended

Bo Klop

Sure, I hope too. But is there any news on iOS 5.1.1 support?

Riccardo

The client application on my Windows 7 FSX machine just crashes the instant it connects with my iPad. Anyone else getting this?

Just had this issue myself all you need to do is download and install the 2.1.26 update available on their website.

if like me you simply downloaded the full install I experienced it crashing instantly you try to connect, After updating, problem solved.

I contacted support who were instantly helpful and pointed me in the right direction.

The trick is to download both versions. I was just too eager.

Got a question. I don't own an iPad currently, so I was wondering if I would be better off getting an iPad or an iPad Mini? Which screen size would more accurately reflect the actual size of a real CDU?

Thanks

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Definitely a fullscreen Ipad IMO.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Just had this issue myself all you need to do is download and install the 2.1.26 update available on their website.

if like me you simply downloaded the full install I experienced it crashing instantly you try to connect, After updating, problem solved.

I contacted support who were instantly helpful and pointed me in the right direction.

The trick is to download both versions. I was just too eager.

This was the problem. I just downloaded the full install too. All sorted now thanks...

Got a question. I don't own an iPad currently, so I was wondering if I would be better off getting an iPad or an iPad Mini? Which screen size would more accurately reflect the actual size of a real CDU?

Thanks

I use it on an iPad Mini. No problems at all. I found the Full iPad too big for everything else I do.

Definitely a fullscreen Ipad IMO.

I use it on an iPad Mini. No problems at all. I found the Full iPad too big for everything else I do.

Thanks for your opinions. Since I don't already own one, and I'm probably only going to use for this purpose (for now, at least) I was most interested in getting the screen size that will most accurately replicate a real CDU.

One more for the tiebreaker!

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display