Sign in to follow this  
Darrylacw579

PMDG Dash 8

The PMDG Dash 8 was not to be the Q400 version though was it, so there wouldn't be a direct competitor?

Surely the 787 and the 737 Max would be somewhere in the schedule: they'll be at every significant airport around the world before long, with related demand in the flight sim community?

ngxu_banner.png

They haven't really "quietly" dropped it. RSR stated, during the Munich convention, that the Dash 8 is put on hold because the systems are more complex and jet-like than they anticipated. While it was scheduled to be a Light release, like the J4100, it just isn't feasible to make it "light". So if we're going to see a Dash 8 by PMDG, it'll probably be a full featured version.

Is that in the Q&A part? I thought I heard something like that before, just couldn't remember where!

PMDG wont make a Dash 8 200/300, I'm sure Tabs said in the Dash 8 MJ release thread a few days ago that they wont be making a Dash-8 (anybody else see that?).

Check facts before posting, please.  If you watch the Munich conference videos from Munich, Robert clearly states that it just got pushed back because there was a lot more to it than they thought would go into it.

Is that in the Q&A part?

Yes, posted below.

Can anyone (perhaps someone from pmdg) shed any light on the upcoming plans for the dash 8?

It was addressed in the Munich conference, video posted below.

While this video chops the question out, you can figure out what he's talking about through the context of his answer (start at 06:08):

http://youtu.be/mZi4i-LI8bo?t=6m08s

Kyle Rodgers

Check facts before posting, please.  If you watch the Munich conference videos from Munich, Robert clearly states that it just got pushed back because there was a lot more to it than they thought would go into it.

Things could have changed since then.

Taken from here...http://forum.avsim.net/topic/405504-majestic-dash-8-q400-release-thread/page-11

Tabs: Commenting just as a customer here: (don't worry, PMDG's not going to make a Q400)

It doesn't rule out the 200/300 though.

Tabs: Commenting just as a customer here: (don't worry, PMDG's not going to make a Q400)

The -400 is a different aircraft.  That's like seeing PMDG make a comment that they're not doing a 747-200/300 and trying to assert that they no longer have plans for the -400/F/8i/8F...

Kyle Rodgers

Would be so awesome to see a 757 and a 767 PMDG
There nothing on the market that completly fills the needs on these two

Level D has a pretty good one but is giving me so much problems
I would vote for this two as the next aircraft to make

PMDG wont make a Dash 8 200/300, I'm sure Tabs said in the Dash 8 MJ release thread a few days ago that they wont be making a Dash-8 (anybody else see that?).

If you're going to quote me, please look at what I actually said. We never announced a Q400 and we have no intention to. There are massive differences between the 200/300 and the 400. It's like the NG vs. the 737 classics.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Well now that Majestic made a very good quality Q400 that is very close to PMDG quality, I'd say it would be a waste of time for PMDG to make a Q400/Dash 8 as well, because they will not be able to do much better than them considering many companies are getting close to PMDG quality lately.

Next good product would be something like a CRJ or ATR or something? 

many companies are getting close to PMDG quality lately.

Who else besides, perhaps, Majestic is close?  I'm just asking cuz I don't know. (And guys, please don't start a flame war over the answer to this question.)

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

look here Gregg

http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/

Its very nice done! Its really alive, this little bird..

But there are quite a few bugs in atm., and its "only" the "pilots version"- means that there are no failures, circuit brakers or systems who interact with each other, they will be implemented in the other (advanced) versions (who are ! months away) . if you decide to buy, you can, after the release of the next version, upgrade to this version for only the difference at about ~20€

However, if you decide to buy, i can say you realy wont regret it.

As far as i have read in the inet, PMDG is doing the 400, but not as a light product- it will be a full blown simulation a la ngx

Reg

Klaus

from LOWG

As far as i have read in the inet, PMDG is doing the 400, but not as a light product- it will be a full blown simulation a la ngx

Hard to not be aware of that one with the activity in the forums.  Seems like a lot of people love it and a good number of folks are having some problems.  I'm waiting for (at least) an SP1 and, perhaps, a LINDA module for now.  It clearly hit a live nerve...few of us doubted that it would since commercial regional is so scarce and when anyone builds a complete aircraft it at least creates a big buzz (circuit breakers?  Srsly?  Very welcome.)

In my own book, besides that aircraft, the only folks I consider in the league is RealAir...but it's a different kind of aircraft. Milviz is getting close.  Neither of those have filled the gap on regional turboprops or turbojets.  RealAir probably won't do commercial.  Milviz, however, has their King Air 350 in the works...fills a very nice gap and, also, their B737-200.  Carenado did a lite version of the B200 (flies like a dream thanks to Bernt Stolle but it's very 'lite' on systems.)  Bernt is also doing the flight dynamics on the Milviz King Air so this one may make a very loud sound around here.

PMDG has also stated (recently in another forum) that they won't do a 400...perhaps a 200/300.  I think that's, actually, a good thing. 

I don't know of anyone else who is up there in this realm besides, perhaps, the Mad Dog, myself.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Yes for the thousandth time guys it's not the 400. If they do it, it would be the 200/300 maybe even a 100.

Lee

Yes for the thousandth time guys it's not the 400. If they do it, it would be the 200/300 maybe even a 100.

Maybe that needs it's own thread.  "PMDG is NOT doing a 400...maybe a 200/300, possibly a 100...thank you...have a nice day."  LOL.

Gregg Seipp

Mr. Randazzo sayed that on the 24. April to the Flight! Magazin, Laal... but let you surprise.

By the way- Majestic ´s doing th 100,200 and 300 after the release of the last q400 Series- but thats far away :)

Reg

Klaus

from LOWG

Maybe that needs it's own thread. "PMDG is NOT doing a 400...maybe a 200/300, possibly a 100...thank you...have a nice day." LOL.

Yes then it should be stickied.

And yeah I forgot Majestic is doing the 300 again. That might put the PMDG project to bed now.