Sign in to follow this  
pbelb

Suggestion: build the best FSX VATSIM add-on

One thing that seems to be a bit of a pain, but, which I suspect your development team could do a *very* nice job of, would be an add-on that gives excellent VATSIM capabilities.

of course, it would be really cool for that add-on to plug in very tightly with the aircraft add-ons, but, as a stand-alone add-on could be cool too.

why not?

it would be an entirely separate income stream for you guys.

you could also do something similar for the other online simulation networks.

Can't happen currently - VATSIM specifically disallows making paid pilot clients for their network. (I personally think a really good one would have already been made by someone if they did allow it)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

A new VATSIM pilot client is currently under development. Its forum is available at http://forums.vatsim.net/viewforum.php?f=124&sid=1278a277bc3c31b3bf87527b9de51e6f

I hope this may help.

Cheers, R

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Well I hope so, because the Vatsim client for FSX is really poor. 

IVAO on the other hand have a pretty nice pilot client.

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Alex,

From my involvement with the project, the team appears to consist already of dedicated and experienced open systems developers. I feel very confident that they will produce, in the fullness of time, a solution that will earn VATSIM a well-earned reputation for having the leading pilot client.

Already, functions have been listed for inclusion that will overcome some of the restrictions present in both VATSIM and IVAO software today. Although it will take some time for the solution to be available, I have every faith that it will be well worth waiting for.

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Well I hope so, because the Vatsim client for FSX is really poor. 

IVAO on the other hand have a pretty nice pilot client.

Alex

With all due respect, I disagree! I personally think IvaP is awful! It really could do with a bit of lightening, it's such a heavy thing to run and is responsible for a good part of my ctds!

No offence meant!

With all due respect, I disagree! I personally think IvaP is awful! It really could do with a bit of lightening, it's such a heavy thing to run and is responsible for a good part of my ctds!

No offence meant!

Run the external version of the IvaP client and your CTDs caused by it will go away instantly. In the worst possible case you might have to restart your IvaP client while FSX will keep running without problem.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Alex,

From my involvement with the project, the team appears to consist already of dedicated and experienced open systems developers. I feel very confident that they will produce, in the fullness of time, a solution that will earn VATSIM a well-earned reputation for having the leading pilot client.

Already, functions have been listed for inclusion that will overcome some of the restrictions present in both VATSIM and IVAO software today. Although it will take some time for the solution to be available, I have every faith that it will be well worth waiting for.

Cheers, Richard

Richard this is fantastic news. Next step is merging the two networks under one banner right?! :P 

No offence meant!

As John has said, there is a conflict particularly with the NGX and IVAP. Running it externally will eradicate your problems.

Alex Ridge

Alex,

Although logic would imply that there should only be a single online network, there is absolutely no chance that this will happen in the foreseeable future.

I would love to see the combination of the experiences of both ATC and pilots in a single virtual world, but just forget it!

Cheers, R

Cheers, Richard

Alex,

Although logic would imply that there should only be a single online network, there is absolutely no chance that this will happen in the foreseeable future.

I would love to see the combination of the experiences of both ATC and pilots in a single virtual world, but just forget it!

Cheers, R

Shame that a few at the top ruin it for everybody else! :P

Cheers Rich,

Alex

Alex Ridge

Can't happen currently - VATSIM specifically disallows making paid pilot clients for their network. (I personally think a really good one would have already been made by someone if they did allow it)

Is it possible to build client interface in CDU using NGX SDK?

Is it possible to build a chargeable replacement of both VATSIM and IVAO?

Cheers, Richard

Is it possible for a "for profit organization" to make a "non profit" add-on for a certain International "non profit" organization as a form of CSR?  :P

A new VATSIM pilot client is currently under development. Its forum is available at http://forums.vatsim.net/viewforum.php?f=124&sid=1278a277bc3c31b3bf87527b9de51e6f

I hope this may help.

Cheers, R

Thanks for that link! One of the main reason why i basically never use FSX on Vatsim is the constant crashing of SB4 and that sometimes its interface simply disappears for me and I have alt-tab until the cows come in before I found it. I haven't tried running it on a second computer which is what I'll do once I have everything installed again.  A new client would be very much welcome! 

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------