Sign in to follow this  
hangar

Calling All Payware Plane Developers :-)

And on my wish list is a AIRTRACTOR- 802 and a JABIRU.

Regards Shaun. 

"May All Your Winds Be Tailwinds."

Wish there was a nice Gulfstream 450, V, and 550 for FSX!

Well, if you can accomplish what no one else has been able to do, which is to obtain a license from General Dynamics to use their IP for such a project...

...you'll find all sorts of developers eager to build one!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Actually our in progress Citation XLS for FSX only is intended to fit this bill along with a possible revision to the excellent CX 2.0 and Citation CJ1+ 2.0 but folks have to understand these things can't be spit out on short lead times so patience is the watchword.

There are also a few new projects on the boards but we can't say more at this time. B)

I'm happy to see an update. No offense but I thought Eaglesoft was done since I had not seen any updates at all or incoming projects. I would love to see a PMDG quality Citation X, XL. When I think of Biz aviation in FS I think of Eaglesoft even though it seems like its been forever for an updated or new product

Funny enough the name ESDG sure is close to PMDG...

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Nah, like Twain, "the rumours of our demise are greatly exaggerated"

Yea, Development Group as part of the the name is coincidence...

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Really wish ESDG would do a Global Express. The upcoming XLS will probably be nice but the Glocal Express is so much nicer not to mention bigger and faster and its not a mongrel  :rolleyes:

@elche hope you'll share what you create, that would be wonderful

I will be adding the texture mods to the library, but it won't be for a while yet - way waaay too many work commitments atm.

Diego

Going back to the discussion about the Mustang, I am prepping for a flight this morning and decided to take a harder look at the VC. There is, really, nothing flat about it. It just looks flat and, as someone mentioned and I think I agree, it's a little bit about detail and a lot about texture mapping. There's an anti glare shield up front by the windshield in the RW aircraft which would take away from the 'flat' white border. Some texture mapping would go a long way to making that VC look real. Here's the vid I used to compare...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGqUqZwD6hI

Seems like they were inches away from a homerun VC and said it was enough.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

yep, that's a big missing effect IMO for any VC...a glare shield with no depth...Carenado does this effect the best and it goes a long way to giving a vc a more true to life. I call it fit & finish.

As for the center post on the windshield, it needs some shadowing & shine to it so that it pops just a bit.

It also needs window reflections out the front...I hate that "oops they forgot to put windows in my new plane" look :-)

These few changes would have made a huge difference in the quality of the Mustang's vc graphics.

Now, the sounds are another issue....might be the worse soundset my ears ever heard in an fs jet, lol.

All in all, for me it's as if you're paying $50 for a G1000 and an air file...I'd rather pay $75 and get the full graphics and sound package treatment TBH.

.a glare shield with no depth.

I wish there was a way to add a texture file.  I've monkeyed with some on scenery and it doesn't seem that hard except I am thinking it's got to be included in the model so a third party couldn't add one.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Even were it possible, a simple texture file cannot replace 3-dimensional mesh objects...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well, if you can accomplish what no one else has been able to do, which is to obtain a license from General Dynamics to use their IP for such a project...

...you'll find all sorts of developers eager to build one!

Wonder how many of these have a license from GD?

http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?keyword=Gulfstream&media_typeid=2

Best, Michael

KDFW

I wish there was a way to add a texture file. I've monkeyed with some on scenery and it doesn't seem that hard except I am thinking it's got to be included in the model so a third party couldn't add one.

yea, it really needs a new model to be done...the depth of the glare shield can't be improved with just better textures (right now there is nothing there to place the texture onto).