Sign in to follow this  
hangar

Calling All Payware Plane Developers :-)

Ever been in an actual Mustang cockpit???? It's painted... and flat.

I loaded up my Mustang before a flight today and looked at the difference. My feeling, comparing the two, is that it's that white border around the windows and all around. To me it just makes it look more flat. In the vids I saw the top of the dash was black and had some shape to it. I went for a flight and the switches are a pill. Some you click on, some you click next to, some you click above...some work with a mousewheel, some don't. At least that's what I see.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Actually our in progress Citation XLS for FSX only is intended to fit this bill along with a possible revision to the excellent CX 2.0 and Citation CJ1+ 2.0 but folks have to understand these things can't be spit out on short lead times so patience is the watchword.

There are also a few new projects on the boards but we can't say more at this time. B)

I have everything Eaglesoft makes.  You guys are one of my favorite developers and I will keep checking and looking forward for your new releases and updates.  I love the new Citation CJ1v.2 and the Citation Xv.2.  They could use a little bit better cockpit texture to bring them to today's standards, but they fly beautifully and the systems are great.

Actually our in progress Citation XLS for FSX only is intended to fit this bill along with a possible revision to the excellent CX 2.0 and Citation CJ1+ 2.0 but folks have to understand these things can't be spit out on short lead times so patience is the watchword.

There are also a few new projects on the boards but we can't say more at this time. B)

Make it have a VC that matches the systems and I'll buy.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Ever been in an actual Mustang cockpit????  It's painted... and flat.

While the Flight1 Mustang's engine whine might be a bit lacking as well as the overall volume level... it's really not that far off.. however, I have to ask about the 'abrupt startup sequence' statement.  The engines in a real Cessna Mustang from initial spool to idle take about 20 seconds... so, exactly what are you finding incorrect regarding the startup?

shadowing, shine and bump mapping techniques go a long way in making something appear more true to life...perhaps "flat" was a poor term, and I should have said "cartoonish"...

yes, the whine and inflight engine sounds are THAT far off IMO...in fact I'd go as far in saying that the sounds might be the weakest link in that project. As for the abrupt startup...its not the 20 second timing...its how poorly it sounds (abrupt and just "odd") when it makes the transition from spool to idle...now that's always been an FS issue but other devs have been able to work around that issue with fair enough success.

shadowing, shine and bump mapping techniques go a long way in making something appear more true to life...perhaps "flat" was a poor term, and I should have said "cartoonish"...

That's probably true.  Having said all I've said on it, I am still really working on trying to like the Mustang...a big reason I got AccuFeel.  I definitely like the way it handles and I've got plenty of other payware airplanes that aren't as 'checklist complete'.   

Gregg Seipp

I agree - with the optional FDE enhancement, it's a good, immersive, FPS-friendly little jet.  

And no auto-throttle makes it a bit more of a challenge to fly. Unless you add one... ahem...

Interesting responses, though. It looks like the light jet market may consist of more that just the OP after all.

Interesting responses, though. It looks like the light jet market may consist of more that just the OP after all.

Yeah... but it's not that much bigger.  Seriously.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Yeah... but it's not that much bigger. Seriously.

I'm a little surprised that the Q400 market was so big.  I'm not sure it was the airplane or the raising of the bar in that class that made it big.

Gregg Seipp

Exactly...a big reason why the market may be soft on GA jets can be due to the fact that this class hasn't been cultivated well enough. If you keep pouring out PMDG style work for GA jets, people will buy. It's the lack of quality in this class that is partly due to people not buying it, not that they dont want it.

If you build it Ray, they will come...but you can't build it half-arsed  :rolleyes:

Me thinks that Milviz should build a C21 (AKA Lear 35).  Talk about a perfect fit...military and civilian.  :)

Gregg Seipp

Carenado seems pretty good with steam gauges and we all know their textures are first class. They should make a Lear or some other older business jets that had steam gauges. I'd buy that.

I'd also buy an Eaglesoft Citation TEN or Global Express were they ever to make one (or both).

I'm not so sure about the Citation XLS (fuselage from the X and wing from the V), it doesn't appeal to me but then again, neither did Carenado's 337 and I fly that most of the time I fly GA piston twins.

Exactly...a big reason why the market may be soft on GA jets can be due to the fact that this class hasn't been cultivated well enough. If you keep pouring out PMDG style work for GA jets, people will buy. It's the lack of quality in this class that is partly due to people not buying it, not that they dont want it.

If you build it Ray, they will come...but you can't build it half-arsed :rolleyes:

And this just about covers it...

I'm a little surprised that the Q400 market was so big. I'm not sure it was the airplane or the raising of the bar in that class that made it big.

I don't like the Dash-8. I do like and appreciate Majestic's interpretation of a plane with excellent quality textures and good systems modeling and thats why I bought it. It was great to see a developer other than PMDG doing great work like that.

If a classic biz jet is done, I hope there is either a custom gps, fms or no computers at all just radio NAV. This is because p3d is my new sim and the reality xp stuff only works with the expensive reality xp commercial stuff.

Which is a shame cause I loved them.

The Xtreme prototypes Lear is fun, but the default hos bothers me. With the FDE update its pretty good though.

Lee

The Xtreme prototypes Lear is fun, but the default hos bothers me. With the FDE update its pretty good though.

I read the review.  Did they ever tie the autopilot to the GPS?  How checklist complete is it?  I didn't find any vids doing the startup sequence at all. 

Gregg Seipp

I read the review. Did they ever tie the autopilot to the GPS? How checklist complete is it? I didn't find any vids doing the startup sequence at all.

It's very checklist complete. Almost all buttons in the vc are clickable and do what they're supposed too.

The GPS is not linked to the autopilot. I think that is correct though for the autopilot in the plane, I think it's the autopilot the plane came out of the factory with (?)

Again I would like the option to have no gps at all, because the vc cannot be edited. Or for them to update it with a newer gps or and autopilot, maybe an option for reality xp or ISG avionics.

It's one of the most realistic biz jets and classic jets for flightsim.

Some addons just have personality you know? It fun to fly you have to keep on top of it.

Lee

Just noticed in my post you quoted, I said "hos" that should've been gps. iPad changed it

It's very checklist complete. Almost all buttons in the vc are clickable and do what they're supposed too.

The GPS is not linked to the autopilot. I think that is correct though for the autopilot in the plane, I think it's the autopilot the plane came out of the factory with (?)

Again I would like the option to have no gps at all, because the vc cannot be edited. Or for them to update it with a newer gps or and autopilot, maybe an option for reality xp or ISG avionics.

It's one of the most realistic biz jets and classic jets for flightsim.

Some addons just have personality you know? It fun to fly you have to keep on top of it.

Lee

Just noticed in my post you quoted, I said "hos" that should've been gps. iPad changed it

+

It looks extremely nice.  Really nice VC.  I would like it to have the GPS tied to the autopilot, though, I'm ok with traditional nav.  May have to ponder picking that up. 

Gregg Seipp