Sign in to follow this  
HansRoaming

Level D 767 - would you still rate it in 2013?

(With my zero knowledge of modelling).... you'd think it would be a reasonably straightforward endeavor for LDS (or a 3rd party like McPhat) to make a new VC for the LDS 767...... nothing functional or FDE wise needs to be changed; simply a case of building a new VC that meets todays standards of definition and quality, and 'binding' the rest of the plane, buttons, commands, etc to it.

I wholly appreciate that I know nothing about modelling VCs and that of course modelling a new HD VC would in itself take a lot of time and resource....

but hopefully you get my point, which is that, the original product is so wonderful, that the VC would IMHO be the only 'part' that needed to be replaced.

.......and think of the appetite and market for a "LDS 767 Redux" ..  :cool:

I'm sure that's why Zinnertek done the FS9 enhanced LDS767 cockpit...... and I bet they've sold more than any other product they've ever made....... 

(With my zero knowledge of modelling).... you'd think it would be a reasonably straightforward endeavor for LDS (or a 3rd party like McPhat) to make a new VC for the LDS 767...... nothing functional or FDE wise needs to be changed; simply a case of building a new VC that meets todays standards of definition and quality, and 'binding' the rest of the plane, buttons, commands, etc to it.

I wholly appreciate that I know nothing about modelling VCs and that of course modelling a new HD VC would in itself take a lot of time and resource....

but hopefully you get my point, which is that, the original product is so wonderful, that the VC would IMHO be the only 'part' that needed to be replaced.

.......and think of the appetite and market for a "LDS 767 Redux" ..   :cool:

I'm sure that's why Zinnertek done the FS9 enhanced LDS767 cockpit...... and I bet they've sold more than any other product they've ever made....... 

Modelling and textures is the easy part, takes time, but rest assured the 767 is a very special bird and will be revisit.

André

Yesterday on the official LDS forums it was stated there are no plans to update the 763 VC...thereby relegating that sim to history IMHO.

Modelling and textures is the easy part, takes time, but rest assured the 767 is a very special bird and will be revisit.

Well given the time we have awaited the 757 I am not counting on that, dude. ;-)

spacer.png

Yesterday on the official LDS forums it was stated there are no plans to update the 763 VC...thereby relegating that sim to history IMHO.

Well given the time we have awaited the 757 I am not counting on that, dude. ;-)

First I'm not a Dude find it rather rude to old for that... 

By all means you don't have to count on it Chris just enjoy something else.

André