Sign in to follow this  
deetee

Load manager and v-speeds

Hi folks,

As a time saver, would it be possible to incorporate into your load manager some preset loads like the AXE and NGX? A button with Empty/Random/Full would be very useful for us more casual simmers.

Also an option to calculate and populate the v-speeds automatically would also be a neat time saver for those who wish to use it (others who don't can still use the cards).

Okay it sounds lazy but I thought I'd ask!  :smile:

Thanks,

David

+1 for the empty/random/full load button!

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

+2 life's too short for minimising FSX. Please also put a menu for the doors in the FMC too. That would complete this lovely bird!

A menu or a panel for doors would be neat. I have done such for my own use about 5 years ago, maybe I will dust it off.

I can never get the doors to work.  I was so excited that I got the cargo door open once only to incur a delay because I couldn't get it closed. 

Steve Giblin

I can never get the doors to work. I was so excited that I got the cargo door open once only to incur a delay because I couldn't get it closed.

I recall this was a big problem in the Level D 767 back in the day. You'd open the doors at the gate and then when ready to button up the nifty fingerwork involved in closing one of them would abandon you. In the end some enterprising soul created a panel for it that popped up with one of the 'F' keys.

Keyboard commands for stuff like doors on an add-on as good as this one is a real let down. PMDG had full FMC control of the aircraft actions on the FS9 MD11 years back, let's hope the Majestic team look at this.

A control panel with Empty/Random/Full buttons, a way to open all the doors (how do the people in MJS managed to open theirs?) and definitely a panel save/load option.

The NGX has set some standards that must be taken for granted from all the serious developers.  No step backwards please!

Apart from these rather small to mid annoying things the plane is excellent!  Time to learn how to fly it properly!

As long as we're asking for things,have I missed a way to bring up the "weight & balance" section of the Control Panel without minimizing the aircraft? If it's there somewhere I haven't been able to find  it and it sure would be a "major" convenience if it could be added somehow.

Jack

As long as we're asking for things,have I missed a way to bring up the "weight & balance" section of the Control Panel without minimizing the aircraft? If it's there somewhere I haven't been able to find it and it sure would be a "major" convenience if it could be added somehow.

Jack

No, only way is to minimise the aircraft. Be great if this functionality could be added to the FMC menu.

Theoretically a gauge could be made (by MJS) to wrap a GDI+ made window of a program, but that is not very practical.

I run FSX in a maximised window so having the control panel window open over it isn't a problem. This method makes task switching so much easier too. Is minimising FSX really such a big deal for people who run fullscreen?

Rather than a complete redesign the use the CDU instead, one solution would be for Majestic to modify the control panel so it writes directly to the sim's weight an balance configuration, like other load managers do.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Is minimising FSX really such a big deal for people who run fullscreen?

Yes, it is.

When running more complex aircraft sometimes I cannot get FSX to come back up after minimizing it.  It just shows a black screen.  This is known to happen with a variety of directx programs and games.  PMDG's method of including everything in the CDU is brilliant.  Other developers should follow suit.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Yes, it is.

When running more complex aircraft sometimes I cannot get FSX to come back up after minimizing it.  It just shows a black screen.  This is known to happen with a variety of directx programs and games.  PMDG's method of including everything in the CDU is brilliant.  Other developers should follow suit.

I used to run fullscreen so I know what you mean but I found a simple solution.  Select Pause first, then switch out of fullscreen mode.  I never had a screen lock up after doing that.

You can't expect other developers to all follow PMDG.  An external load manager is just as good, and offers a better user interface if you want have sliders and other nice graphic touches such as a virtual loadsheet.  The only problem with the load manager in the Majestic control panel is that it works through FSX.  You don't seem to be able to use it when FSX is not running.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I just press ALT ENTER a couple of times when re-maximising and then it's fine, black screen is gone.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg