Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

looks like the 206 will be G1000

I was looking at the pics of the new 206 and it looks like the G1000 equipped sticker is on the plane toward the rear of the cowl.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I can't take credit for noticing this first as I read it another post. Carenado posted new pics of the 206 in progress. On one exterior pic, if you look through the pilots side window, the 206 has steam gauges on the panel so it looks like the 206 will have a steam panel. I don't know if it will have a G1000 panel also.

I can't take credit for noticing this first as I read it another post. Carenado posted new pics of the 206 in progress. On one exterior pic, if you look through the pilots side window, the 206 has steam gauges on the panel so it looks like the 206 will have a steam panel. I don't know if it will have a G1000 panel also.

I think it will as in some screens the g1000 emblem is present of the some of the new screens but is not present on the aircraft with steam gauges looks like we'll have both

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

After the TBM 850, I'm less skeptical towards Carenado G1000 panels. They may not be fully functional, but the major problems that were present on the SR22 and 182T seem to have been fixed, making them at least equal to steam.

One thing I still don't like are the airspeed and altitude "tapes", which I can't make out in a zoomed-out VC view. Maybe if I upgrade from a 22" to a 27" monitor it will be easier to see them..

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

After the TBM 850, I'm less skeptical towards Carenado G1000 panels. They may not be fully functional, but the major problems that were present on the SR22 and 182T seem to have been fixed, making them at least equal to steam.

One thing I still don't like are the airspeed and altitude "tapes", which I can't make out in a zoomed-out VC view. Maybe if I upgrade from a 22" to a 27" monitor it will be easier to see them..

Jimmi

I hate to tell to you but even with a 27" it's still a bit difficult to see.  Better, but still it's a task to get those numbers to show up nicely.  Nothing beats the steam gauges though.

Gary

Hi,

that is a wonderfull developement steam AND glass! Great Carenado! Count me in NOW!

Thank you! :drinks:

This should come out soon now. Really looking forward to it. I just hope they don't mess up. As they've lost Stolle, they'll probably start from the 182T's airfile which is excellent. They just need to figure out what to change to make it behave more like its bigger brother without introducing weird side-effects.

Really like the 182T, but even with my new Haswell build, that glass panel is a huge FPS hog. Since the new, FPS-friendly glass panel of the TBM will never be back-ported to the 182, my hope lies with the 206.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I have the TBM850 and the G1000 while not fully functional (you will never see a fully functional G1000 in FSX/P3D or XPlane 9/10 for example synthetic vision) is packed with features that allow you to customize your flight, and I have even edited flight plans mid-flight with little to no problems. I am eagerly awaiting the C208 EX and the B1900D Execuliner!

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Is this a fact or just an assumption?

It has been my experience that anything released more than ~3 months ago by Carenado is abandoned and any flaws discovered after that remain unfixed unless the community comes up with a fix. Even Carenado can change, though.

MSFS / XP

There is a new rumour about an upcoming G1000 update for the 182 and Cirrus..

Bert

There is a new rumour about an upcoming G1000 update for the 182 and Cirrus..

That would be a most welcome update, for a fine couple of products that just need the "finishing touch"

Rgds, Shaun