Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

How many of you have flown in real life?

Haha I just past 1800 a few weeks ago. When I was flying for the airline I went from 1300 to 1700 in just under a year and half that year I was in sim and Captain upgrade and reserve. Now that I am back in corporate I've only logged 80 hours this year. 

Might have something to do with sector length LOL...  :P

I couldn't imagine flying so little in a year, I'd be driven insane spending all that time with my feet on the ground, heck any longer than 10 days off and I'm bouncing off the walls to get back on the flight deck, don't know how I could manage only 80 hours a year!!! :O  We're all pushing 890-900 hours a year here, we're terribly understaffed... We're at the stage where we've to charter in aircraft because we just can't legally log any more hours in the month... :mellow:  At least you've got your farm now right?

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I couldn't imagine flying so little in a year, I'd be driven insane spending all that time with my feet on the ground, heck any longer than 10 days off and I'm bouncing off the walls to get back on the flight deck, don't know how I could manage only 80 hours a year!!! :O  We're all pushing 890-900 hours a year here, we're terribly understaffed... We're at the stage where we've to charter in aircraft because we just can't legally log any more hours in the month... :mellow:  At least you've got your farm now right?

Regards,

Ró.

What airline do you fly for again?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

aerlingus.gif

^_^

Oh how we all envy you! Living the dream B)

I have under 200 hours in 152s and 172s. I just could no longer afford it at the time. Then when I got a position where I could afford flight training my other responsibilities had to get taken care of and I wasn't as young as I was when I started flight training.

Flew in a CO 747 (-200 I wanna say. It had the yellow Ribbon "Support our troops" over the entrance) as part of a test flight down to Virginia and back. That was really cool.

Part of the reason I currently work where I do was that we had free flying privileges which included cockpit jumpseating. So I've been up in the A300, A310, MD10/DC10, 727 and MD11. Of course after 9/11, that has been halted but on business travel you can still get to set in the seats outside the cockpit and usually pilots have no problems with you observing the preflight activities up until "Cockpit Door: Locked". Even then, some will actually apologize when you make it known you have questions related to their specific aircraft. I know they want to show how the plane works, but due to regs they just can't.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

37 hours in my logbook (started my PPL last year) on PA-28's , held the stick in a Tiger Moth....gonna hold it again in a Texan Harvard (hopefully do some aerobatics) in a few weeks.

Spent an hour on the BA 777 Level D sim at LHR....

Trouble is I am too late to fly the aircraft I really want to fly......so back to FS9.5. :wub:

£37 hours in my logbook (started my PPL last year) on PA-28's , held the stick in a Tiger Moth....gonna hold it again in a Texan Harvard (hopefully do some aerobatics) in a few weeks.

Spent an hour on the BA 777 Level D sim at LHR....

Trouble is I am too late to fly the aircraft I really want to fly......so back to FS9.5. :wub:

You would have loved Northwest Airlines DC9 Level-D sims that were here in Eagan MN (not sure if their still there or if Delta has moved them). FEDEX still has some DC10 sims in Memphis I believe but both options are out of reach for you. The classic airliners are hard to come by these days when talking about a full blown Level-D simulator.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I got a discovery flight as a Christmas present this year and loved every second of it. It was like being on the most awesome roller coaster ride ever. How many of you have experienced real world flying from the cockpit?

I was in the right hand seat in our company King Air.  Our pilot had to test a window seal refit, and so had us up (we are close friends...) over Kentucky, where I took the yoke for a few turns, ascents and descents.   It was one of Life's thrills, but that is the only time in a RL cockpit.

Mitch

Regards,

Ró.

Yeah I am helping on my wife's families farm. Got to do some inseminating of cows. That is the complete opposite of the cockpit haha!

My next goal now is to take the test for selling Real Estate here in our state. Hopefully I can get it done by the end of June. I think I've finally found a subject though that is a little harder for me to learn. I guess since it is all laws and very little physical things I can get wrap my head around.

Yeah I am helping on my wife's families farm. Got to do some inseminating of cows. That is the complete opposite of the cockpit haha!

Now there's one thing I don't miss... :mellow:  I was never particularly great on the farm back home, but that was never my thing. Give me some sheep to herd and I'm grand, start fiddling around with bulls and cows and I'm outta there...   :blush:  :wacko:  :rolleyes:

That's going to be interesting, piloting, working on a farm and selling property you're going to be a busy man. I'd forgotten that yee've to get licenses over there to work as estate agents, is it a long course?

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Now there's one thing I don't miss... :mellow:  I was never particularly great on the farm back home, but that was never my thing. Give me some sheep to herd and I'm grand, start fiddling around with bulls and cows and I'm outta there...   :blush:  :wacko:  :rolleyes:

That's going to be interesting, piloting, working on a farm and selling property you're going to be a busy man. I'd forgotten that yee've to get licenses over there to work as estate agents, is it a long course?

Regards,

Ró.

For the State of Washington you are required to take 60 hours of a Real Estate Fundamentals, 30 hours of Washington State Practices and then a multiple choice test comprised of 140 questions. A 70% is required to pass the exam so it isn't too demanding but the subject matter is completely different than anything else I have done.

Funny though after all this talk of not flying I just got an email from the boss and we are going to be flying all over the country and into Canada next weekend! Not sure where sleep and studying is going to happen haha.

Wow, so that's about 150+ hours when you add study in, quite a commitment.  :blush:  :Applause:

Isn't that the coincidence LOL, have fun!  ^_^  :wink:  B)

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Hi all!

As far as I am concerned, I began flying at the age of 15. Now I am looking for a f/o position and I will be fulfilling my dream :wink:

Fly safe.

Romain Ruppli

320 hours PIC in 152s, 172s, PA28's with lots more right seat hours beside my 6600 hour flying buddy. Not flying right now as FS is taking all the money.  ;-)

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

A multitude of rotary and fixed wing types. Currently 'current' on the Boeing 777 and the Augusta A109.

Passing 15,000 hours, more or less, I think at the moment.

Started mucking about with flight simulators in the 80's with a clone IBM PC and CGA graphics.

Living the dream in white, magenta, black and cyan!!! Who thought that combination up!!!