Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scotchegg

Persistent CTDs...

...and there I was about to write a glowing report about XP10 :(

I've been using New Zealand Pro without a hitch with Carenado's 64 bit Centurion, but today decided to take a look at PNW - an area I loved in FSX. Looks wonderful in XP10 too I thought as I took off from Orcas Island, but then the first of many CTDs happened (well, strictly speaking hanging /  freezing then CTD). I'm using ALPilot's HD mesh with settings quite high, but then in NZ (which apparently has a more detailed HD mesh) I can go hours with no problem. Busier airports CTD quicker. Just tried KLAX and got a CTD after 2 seconds!!!

Win7, 8GBram, GTX580, i52500@4.2ghz. Any ideas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

post your Log.txt file.

and your scenery.ini file?  maybe your missing some library files.  Could be the Carenado....they are very buggy until 10.30 is released.

10.30 is the XPlane  GraaL !!!!

Well scotcheeg, I hope you're able to identify what add-on is causing that CTD.

I only experienced a CTD in X-Plane10 once, while running on a PC with only 4GB RAM and using an OSM Swiss scenery. 

That's the LUA issue only to be adressed with the combo of the new SASL 2.0 (just out) and X-Plane 10.30. Most common on Windows, but also existent on Mac. Especially with the C210 for whatever reason.

Try the same scenery area with a non carenado aircraft. Not all have been updated yet and I find they cause lots of crashes on my system too, So I avoid them. Even the V2 Archer crashes my system in some scenery areas. I don't have any crashes with other aircraft.

Edit: I should add that all Carenado aircraft work fine in 32 bit mode, this only happens in 64 bit.

Rob

Cheers guys, I'll do some testing with default aircraft and post the log.txt file later when I get back from work.

In the meantime is it worth downloading the SASL2.0 plugin now or is it better to just wait until 10.30 is released? Do we know when 10.30 is due out?

If you are using nVidia drivers and have updated to 320.18, try rolling them back to 314.22.  I updated and all seemed well - for a while.  I suddenly started having all kinds of video problems.  Rolled back and all is ok.

John

Just did 30 mins flight around PNW with heavy (real) weather and everything set to max or nearly max in the default Baron and no CTD, so I guess it must be the Carenado. Shame, it's a beauty of a plane, especially the VC but if Carenado and / or Laminar have said it won't be a problem after 10.30 I guess I can wait.

Actually I'm gobsmacked at how smoothly everything runs with such a heavy load. Not used to it after so long with FSX...

As I said, please don't blame it on Carenado. It affects all planes that use SASL and Ben from Laminar does work with several developers in order to solve this for 10.30. At least that's all I know for now.

Does it also affect the 777?

no, the 777 is ok and 100% stable in 64bit

I have to DECIDE!!!!!

I can buy only one of these:

Peter's A321, A380  or  the 777 (now at 20% disc. from Aerosoft's store).

Help me choose ....

As I said, please don't blame it on Carenado. It affects all planes that use SASL and Ben from Laminar does work with several developers in order to solve this for 10.30. At least that's all I know for now.

No blame, I'm happy to wait as I can see the potential for a stable Centurion to wow me in PNW after 10.30, and its natural to have teething problems when updating an engine.

Generally so far I'm thrilled to bits with XP10. Lurking on the forums for a while I got the impression that it was a purist's sim for people who wanted flight model accuracy and systems functionality above everything else, not something for a GA flier who just likes to fly over pretty scenery like me. Happy to be proved wrong! I can imagine a year from now, custom scenery and autogen for some areas, weather addons, dare I say it...Occulus Rift support!!!

I have to DECIDE!!!!!

I can buy only one of these:

Peter's A321, A380  or  the 777 (now at 20% disc. from Aerosoft's store).

Help me choose ....

Since you like running tests on flight models a lot, Peter's Aircraft might be better for you plus you also get the "FlybyWire" goodies during flight.  The 777 is just another Boeing but still good with not so good realistic sounds.  The 777 sounds the same from takeoff to landing, they did an amazing job with the graphics but forgot to simulate the sounds :(  I only fly Peter's Airbuses and the SSG 170/190 series for now.  Remember the A321 Peter has no 3D VC yet!  it's 2D/3D.

I thought I never could enjoy a plane without VC. Since I own Pete's A320 I can. Same goes for the 321 I think. His planes are a class of it's own.

I would say get the 777. Yes. The sounds aren't as good as in the a380. But there the inferiority to the 380 ends. The a380 is also very nice, but I feel it lacks in key areas.

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk 2

Cheers, nice to see they're releasing a patch to address this ahead of 10.30 as it is a fairly urgent issue for Carenado users.