Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

You Lucky People ;-)

Guest Kilstorm

Capt of a space shuttle but for now wold love to just get paid simming in FS9.

Yeah, I'm always looking up at the guy above me... with 2 radios equipped sometimes I listen to YWG Centre hearing United 222 Heavy radar identified 390, Air Canada 123 your traffic is an opposite direction A330 FL370... I dunno its almost a rush hearing that and being in the environment, as I scrape the tree tops at 200 knots.Funny thing is after talking to a few airline pilots and you tell them you're basically a Cheiftain bush pilot, they all recollect memories and say those were the days...

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Hold Rotor & Jet Ratings and be Rusty Wallace's (Ryan Newman's when he's ready) personal pilot for His Bell 427 and Learjet's 35A & 31A. I would be able to travel the country and watch all the NASCAR races and GET PAID! :-jumpy I forgot to ad, I actually do this in FS2004 from time to time. Being able to fly all different types of aircraft (depending on distance) on the weekends to the city the day of the race then back to homebase when the race is over or the next day. Lot's of fun when you want a different challenge!Carmine http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/Images/wave.gif

And I have heard a lot of exactly the opposite. It seems to me from your stories that it would depend on who you work for. Although my pampering comment was referring to flying for a Hollywood actor/actress/director, and you just said a corporate job...maybe we are comparing apples to oranges. I wouldn't know since I don't know a ton of people with corporate gigs, just the locals.Craig

>Jim>As we go higher up the scale better means more expensive which>means we have to fly someone elses aircraft.>>But even in the aircraft I am flying with its fancy electronic>displays and autopilot systems way above the weather I was>used to operating in I wonder???>>thanks>>PeterMy pleasure. I know what you mean...I fly some pretty cool airplanes as well, but I am pretty happy they are not mine! My old Cherokee is about all I can afford.I think it's important not to lose grasp of the basics.The very thing that made you wake up and go to bed thinking about airplanes. (and still do!)I know that you know... the corporate world is dog eat dog. These guys would cut their Grandma's throat to get a position and that isn

>And I have heard a lot of exactly the opposite. It seems to>me from your stories that it would depend on who you work for.>Although my pampering comment was referring to flying for a>Hollywood actor/actress/director, and you just said a>corporate job...maybe we are comparing apples to oranges. I>wouldn't know since I don't know a ton of people with>corporate gigs, just the locals.That may well be true, Craig. From what Jimmy has shared with me, a lot depended on the personalities of the owners, and whether they were pilot's themselves. His happiest gigs were flying for owners who at least had a PPL, so that the appreciated all the hard work, study and practice that it takes to earn the left seat in a bizjet.OTOH, the subordinate employees of the company (read: VP's and other lesser mortals) would most often look down their regal and exhalted noses at a mere "bus driver," since they were totally clueless! :(BTW, here are Jimmy's bona fides from the FAA's database, so you can see he does have some qualification to speak on the issue... :)Certificate: AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT Rating(s): AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND ROTORCRAFT-HELICOPTER COMMERCIAL PRIVILEGES GLIDER Type RatingsA/BH-206 A/CE-500 A/LR-JET LimitsGLIDER AERO TOW AND WINCH TOW ONLY Certificate: GROUND INSTRUCTOR Rating(s): GROUND INSTRUCTOR ADVANCED INSTRUMENT Certificate: MECHANIC Rating(s): MECHANIC AIRFRAME POWERPLANT

That's an impressive list. Looks like he is falling just short of John and Martha King. :)I have lots of avenues I would like to explore. Pretty much any job that provided enough money and time to fly (own my own aircraft) would be okay with me too. I do have that "moment of clarity" sometimes where I realize that I may end up in a flying gig that makes me wish I hadn't done it for a living. I hope I can be lucky enough to avoid that.Craig

Guest KFD

Peter,You are so unfair - you already have the "dream job"!!I'm an Air Traffic Controller with a PPL. When I left school I only wanted to be a controller but now, 35 years down the line with a PPL, I wonder if I made the right decision because I'm always "down here wishing I was up there". Don't get me wrong - the jobs great but if I had my time again I'd love to have done the old BOAC/BEA cadetship - maybe could've been a 747 capt or gone the Concorde route - I'll never know.....So, for the time being, PPL keeps the currency and hours and FS 9 looks after the yearnings and daydreams!!KFD

Guest Peter Sidoli

ShaneIt is the destinations and overnights which are interesting in biz jets as you get to see many cities and locations with a chance to look around.Downside is the waiting around, getting to know every inch of an airport and of course living in a suitcase and hotel rooms.Plus side for me is that flying business jets has to be the most fun aircraft giving you the best of all worlds with sophisticated equiptment, light aircraft intimacy and handling yet jet speeds and levels.Peter