Sign in to follow this  
bukeyolacan

Questions about Airbus Extended?

I don't understand why this rudder issue only happens in Airbus. I didn't see that in PMDG before. Where is the exact position of he rudder control in right MCDU? Thanks

I don't understand why this rudder issue only happens in Airbus. I didn't see that in PMDG before. Where is the exact position of he rudder control in right MCDU? Thanks

I'm not exactly sure; I think it's because the RW Airbus features auto-coordination as an integral part of the fly-by-wire. The FBW is modelled in the AAX, too.

FSX autorudder is a completely different thing (a 'game cheat' rather than a RW feature). The AAX seemingly has to be told which concept you want to have modelled - the RW one or the game world one.

Having embarrassed myself with my self-made theory - you'll find the AAX rudder control option here:

right MCDU - options - flight - auto rudder

I don't think that this VC is of lower quality than PMDG VCs - people think that the Airbus VC lacks details, but this is only because the real one does, too. Just take a look at pictures over at airliners.net.

To be fair the displays don't have the detail or the 'sheen' that the NGX has. Little things like the light glinting off the PFD as you move round the cockpit, fingerprint marks, dust in the crevices etc. The NGX has a multitude of lighting options too whereas the AXE is on or off. There's an aura of realism to the NGX VC that the AXE doesn't have, although that's not to say it's bad in any way!

To be fair the displays don't have the detail or the 'sheen' that the NGX has.

Point taken. Now that you mention it, actually the whole lighting isn't as good as I suppose it's in the NGX, but still a quite enjoyable plane IMO. My above comment was more about the kinda "sterile" cockpit layout (by far less knobs, switches etc than in the 737), which is quite often seen as a "lack of modelling skills/effort", although that's how the real one looks.

It's hard to compare the NGX and the AXE, even if they were created by the very same developer with the same technique, they are such different birds.

However, as we know they are not both made by the same developer and process, and no-one can dispute the VC quality and system depth that the NGX has. These are both non-subjective issues, and easily quantified and measured, and if that's all that matters and you want the "best" then go for the NGX.

But, as others have said here, there is something entirely subjective about the AXE that is nether easily quantified nor measured, that introduces a measure of immersion (also very subjective). Immersion becomes important if you want to not only simulate realism, but to also "feel" (another subjective term) realism.

In full disclosure, the NGX is my most flown airplane and will continue to be for a while. But I can't ignore the immersion I get at times when flying the AXE.

Good thread, lots of good ideas and thoughts here...

Bruce.

(...)

But, as others have said here, there is something entirely subjective about the AXE that is nether easily quantified nor measured, that introduces a measure of immersion (also very subjective). Immersion becomes important if you want to not only simulate realism, but to also "feel" (another subjective term) realism.

(...)

Good thread, lots of good ideas and thoughts here...

Bruce.

And another fine contribution here, Bruce!

This 'subjective immersion' puzzles me time after time:

- some specs of the AAX are spot-on - others are modelled in a superficious way (strict out of the SDK like APU start)

- some abilities of the AAX are amazing (so-and-so many approaches flown on automation) - some very common ones are completely missing (wind forecasts, fuel predictions)

I can't stop flying that plane - even though on every single flight the limitations ('design envelope') are quite noticable. That's definitely due to the immersion factor, Bruce.

To be fair the displays don't have the detail or the 'sheen' that the NGX has. Little things like the light glinting off the PFD as you move round the cockpit, fingerprint marks, dust in the crevices etc. The NGX has a multitude of lighting options too whereas the AXE is on or off. There's an aura of realism to the NGX VC that the AXE doesn't have, although that's not to say it's bad in any way!

I agree, this feature would be nice to have,but it costs fps, which was their prioriry.

It would make a great plane even better :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I have also found that the plane doesn't descend and decelerate properly when following the flight plan. I had to manually set altitude according to MCDU.

I have also found that the plane doesn't descend and decelerate properly when following the flight plan. I had to manually set altitude according to MCDU.

Did you check your thrust mode on the FMA and the flight phase on the MCDU (PROG page or PERF page)?

Did you check your thrust mode on the FMA and the flight phase on the MCDU (PROG page or PERF page)?

It says speed on the pfd and thrust idle in the descent point. What should be written instead? Also when I load my saved flight, flight plan disappears and I can't continue. PMDG continues when I load.

SPEED:

-  is o.k.

thrust idle:

-  could be DECELERATE instead? Would be o.k., too, you'll have to dial in a lower flight level and push (left click) the ALT knob in order to initiate the descent.

saving flights:

-  doesn't work to the extent it works with PMDG - only the latest flight can be saved completely, the FMGS state of all older flights will be overwritten.

- in order to save an AAX flight: 1. save the flight situation from the FSX menu first, 2. save the user-defined panel state of the AAX via the right MCDU after that.

loading saved flights: same order as saving 

1. load the flight situation from the FSX menu first (gives you the AAX without the data),

2. load your user-defined panel state from the right MCDU (gives you the panel state AND the latest saved state of the FMGS, including your most recent saved flightplan)

I am having a problem with PFD/ND. When I start from cold dark state, I choose checklist and first officer on so I can see what should need to do but when I turn ADIRS switch to NAV, GPS primary is lost message shown on display. I know it takes some time to appear but it doesn't. I have to use taxi state from there so I want to learn what I am doing wrong. I also aligned IRS position from MCDU.

Need another plane like I need more dog poop in the back yard but this thread convinced me I had to have it.

Bought this just now on PCAviators current sale for $30.