Sign in to follow this  
bukeyolacan

Questions about Airbus Extended?

Actually does the AXE call you a retard? I don't think the latest buses do....

Only if you try to fly it like a Boeing. :P

I can't compare it to the NGX, but I found FPS to be quite good. Don't expect a complete systems simulation like the NGX, though, as it was never inteded to do that! But I think for your normal everyday flight experience it's a great aircraft. If you're used to flying Boeings, it's necessary to read the manual and do the tutorial flight I guess, because there are some major differences between Airbus and Boeings, which have already caused complaints. You simply don't fly the A320 like the 737...

It is a really great aircraft and well worthwhile adding to your hangar.

But PLEASE would somebody write the software that allows you to import a flightplan either from FSX or prefereably from FS Commander??

If you want my honest opinion ....AAX is an interesting model that has some interesting features and low  FPS....however, compared with  NGX ......NGX is the best ......AAX is a big step at the airbus simulation world but NGX is a different story. 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Still cant believe people are still comparing it to the NGX..

It is NOT the NGX

it was NOT meant to be like the NGX

I have both, and enjoy both!

It's my favourite airliner ever released for any version of FS.

For me Frame Rates are marginally better than in the NGX.   If I had 26 in the NGX, I'd have 28-29 in the Airbus X Extended.

As well as being a brilliantly modelled aircraft, it offers so much more;  Virtual F/O, audio checklist system, views system, ATC sounds and other immersion factors.

It's just the best.

For me Frame Rates are marginally better than in the NGX.   If I had 26 in the NGX, I'd have 28-29 in the Airbus X Extended.

As well as being a brilliantly modelled aircraft, it offers so much more;  Virtual F/O, audio checklist system, views system, ATC sounds and other immersion factors.

It's just the best.

That really is the perfect description, I got it as a supplement to the NGX, but found myself uninstalling it, and solely flying the AXE!

For more info, if you can find a May 2013 edition of Airliner World (real world airline magazine), Jane-Rachel Whittaker has an excellent article on the AXE (pp 72, 73).

I would quote some comments here from the article but they may not be allowed due to forum rules.

Thanks, Bruce.

It's just the best.

+1

I agree, it is an awesome aircraft. It's a beauty in its own. I use to fly the NGX, but once I found the AXE, I've never been back to the  737 NGX.

I agree, it is an awesome aircraft. It's a beauty in its own. I use to fly the NGX, but once I found the AXE, I've never been back to the  737 NGX.

+1. It's not overly complex but it satisfies my need for realism perfectly without having obvious issues. The virtual flight deck with the checklists is the icing on the cake and probably one of the biggest reasons I love it soo much!

Imagine a pmdg quality VC wow that would be awesome.

Rich Sennett

1) FPS are lower out of the box. I would get 25 in the NGX and only 20 in AXE. There is a configurator however, and using that I turned off the logging, which runs in the background, and that got my FPS to be locked at 30, a huge improvement over what I originally had. The aircraft runs much smoother than the NGX did, this is on my low-end system however.

Thanks for the tip! This has indeed hugely increased performance. I had no idea. Seems crazy that Aerosoft wouldn't have made it clearer that this was an option.

James